Crown Princess Victoria's Maternity Fashion: August 2011 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only complaint is the choice of earrings - don't seem to fit with the look.

I actually quite like the bun, it suits the gown especially the neckline. I love the earrings even though I am usually not a fan of such big earrings.:flowers:

. Victoria looking fantastic in a blue lace dress at the Global Change Awards at Stockholm City Hall yesterday, February 10. According to svenskdam.se it's a H&M Conscious dress:
** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Close up ** svenskdam.se **

Love the dress, hair and shoes. It's charming, cute, pretty. And that smile is even bigger than usual.
The earrings are just too long and linear for the look, JMO. And I'm not a fan of that particular gem blue all by itself with navy, bronze and black? That bag - with the other accessorizes what the heck was she thinking?

Not a good look. the dress is so busy - too many patterns and layers and too tight; and the earring look cheap. Updo looks good.

But heck - who cares! she looks lovely in herself. And right now that's all that matters

Not a fan of anything about this look. Too much going on and nothing goes with anything. But her smile is a lovely thing to behold!

I'm not a fan of the dress but the colour is lovely and suits Victoria well. I agree that there is too much going on and I don't think the figure is too flattering on her.

Not a fan of anything about this look. Too much going on and nothing goes with anything. But her smile is a lovely thing to behold!

exactly what I was going to say!!!:p
but on a positive note: I like the blue for evening rather than black!:flowers:

Yes, tight clothes do not look good particularly when expecting :ermm: sad fashion . . .
I would have to agree with you on that. Unfortunately, when wearing evening gowns you have the choice of what Victoria has worn here or looking like a ship in full sail as Madeleine did at her brother's wedding. Neither "look" was particularly flattering and basically it's a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Honestly I would prefer Madeleine's dress or similar flowing. I found it lovely and far more flattering then a tighter dress like this.

It is just way too tight especially in the lower abdomen which I don't on any woman, pregnant or not. Doesn't have to be either or, a little more fabric for the belly and not stretched tight over the lower belly would have been much more flattering.

:previous: Well, in all honesty, I am not a fan of dresses such as Victoria's blue lace. I have never found the notion of wearing stretchy, fitted clothing when pregnant particularly brilliant and personally find the execution invariably ends up looking somewhat unflattering . . . rather like looking at a stuffed sausage.

To me, that is neither pretty nor flattering and invokes a very "in your face" response. I don't like it in my face . . . :ermm:

The dress is horrible and Victoria usually has some pretty stunning gowns, but this one is just no. The dress is way too tight and the design of this dress is pure ugly. I am not a fan of H&M as they have been mostly going downhill in terms of design and creativity in recent years...

Honestly I would prefer Madeleine's dress or similar flowing. I found it lovely and far more flattering then a tighter dress like this.

Yes much more regal looking and elegant with a flowing dress.

LaRae

Victoria's last evening dress was a total fail IMO.
It's so not a maternity dress nor is it flattering in anyway. The earrings crashed with the collar of the dress.

The color of the dress is nice on Victoria, her hairstyle and make up looked good.

Estelle's birthday photo:

The white outfit is beautiful and elegant.

She looks lovely in it and white outfit for the stamp as well. Not sure when either photo was taken, she doesn't look overly pregnant in either. But maybe its just the angle.

Seems to me that Victoria is in the "damned if she does, damned if she doesn't" position with her maternity wear. Last pregnancy, a lot of the posters on this forum complained about her always wearing looser clothes, she's gone for the more fitted look this time and some people don't like it. Basically, it's quite a difficult time for fashion, the last trimester of pregnancy.

I think her pregnancy style this time around has been great! And I don't see that many complains either. She is more confident with her body, it's her second pregnancy and she got all the memories from the first (I never liked her style when pregnant with Estelle).

First time pregnancy can make women quite vulnerable and insecure, because it's a path they've never taken before, even if you read and see a lot on TV, it's never the same when you've experienced it yourself.

I didn't say there were a lot of complaints, I said "some people" don't like what she's wearing this pregnancy. But actually a fair number of people have commented negatively on the tightness of this latest outfit.

My point was, she's never going to please everyone so she should just please herself - if it's comfortable and appropriate for the occasion who cares what we strangers think?

Seems to me that Victoria is in the "damned if she does, damned if she doesn't" position with her maternity wear. Last pregnancy, a lot of the posters on this forum complained about her always wearing looser clothes, she's gone for the more fitted look this time and some people don't like it. Basically, it's quite a difficult time for fashion, the last trimester of pregnancy.
Actually last time she went dark and wore a lot of loose and bulky clothes, almost like she was trying to disguise her pregnancy. She did not tend to wear actual maternity clothing until late in her pregnancy and, as kathia_sophia mentioned, she didn't look either confident or comfortable.

This time, we have been treated to a positive bouquet of gorgeous colour and the variety in style for both daywear and eveningwear has been wonderful. While Victoria has gone for more fitted ensembles for her second pregnancy, this has meant she has been both more 'on-trend' and 'trendsetter. When it comes to tight-fitting maternity wear is a given that many will find it not just unflattering but downright ugly . . . the dress, not Victoria, remember we are commenting on one ensemble and not her entire maternity wardrobe, therefore while absolutes are impossible, we care what she wears and we write about it because this is what this thread is about . . . opinions on Victoria's maternity fashion.

Last edited:
Actually last time she went dark and wore a lot of loose and bulky clothes, almost like she was trying to disguise her pregnancy. She did not tend to wear actual maternity clothing until late in her pregnancy and, as kathia_sophia mentioned, she didn't look either confident or comfortable.

This time, we have been treated to a positive bouquet of gorgeous colour and the variety in style for both daywear and eveningwear has been wonderful. While Victoria has gone for more fitted ensembles for her second pregnancy, this has meant she has been both more 'on-trend' and 'trendsetter. When it comes to tight-fitting maternity wear is a given that many will find it not just unflattering but downright ugly . . . the dress, not Victoria, remember we are commenting on one ensemble and not her entire maternity wardrobe, therefore while absolutes are impossible, we care what she wears and we write about it because this is what this thread is about . . . opinions on Victoria's maternity fashion.

I was merely making a comment on the fact that some people didn't like what she wore during her first pregnancy and now that she has taken a different route some other people don't like that - therefore, she can't win. But it doesn't matter, because I doubt she comes to these forums to check what we think so it doesn't matter... to her.

I am aware of the purpose of this thread - I was posting about her fashion choices.

Last edited:
I think Victoria is pleasant person who always appears in good spirits! Any woman 9 months that has a wonderful smile looks good in any anything she can still fit into and still have wiggle room! I think she looks fantastic - most heavily pregnant woman go fo the comfortable look only. Kudos to her!

I think, that Victoria looked PERFECT in her second pregnangy, much better than on the first one. The dresses supported her perfect belly body and shoed the growing joy with pride. Not to forget her 1000000 Watt smile :)
Highlights were the Nobel dresses, the dress on Nicolas Baptism, the flower dress in Middle America and her last dark-blue Evening Dress.
BYe Bine

She had quite a few good looks but my fave is the beautiful purple gown from the Nobels :flowers: But her glowing smile and happiness makes any outfit.

She had quite a few good looks but my fave is the beautiful purple gown from the Nobels :flowers: But her glowing smile and happiness makes any outfit.

Very true. In fact, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say there truly was only one really hideous miss. That H&M dark blue lace over patterned outfit she wore a week and a bit ago. I detest the trend of fitted tight looking Maternity Fashion right now, but it needs to be simple and clean lines to it to remotely work IMO and that outfit was anything but!! If it had only been lace, it would have been fine, but not that and the beading patterns on it. That took it from great potential to cringe IMO.

Comparing now and her outfits when expecting Estelle, the difference is night and day!! I think that's true w/the second time around when expecting though, isn't it? This time you know what to expect and just how your body will change, so you're a bit better prepared when it comes to clothing choices from what I've seen w/Family and Friends.

My favourite is still that beautiful, lovely soft Lavender cocktail dress she wore during the Visit to Colombia. It was just so perfect on her and Victoria truly looked stunning that night. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Comparing now and her outfits when expecting Estelle, the difference is night and day!! I think that's true w/the second time around when expecting though, isn't it? This time you know what to expect and just how your body will change, so you're a bit better prepared when it comes to clothing choices from what I've seen w/Family and Friends.

True - I seem to remember it was the same with Letizia when she was expecting the Infantas. Her style while pregnant with Sofia was simpler and more tailored than when pregnant with Leonor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom