The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

?Don't think we're going to see any new fashion from Victoria at this stage.
In fact, how much longer is she scheduled to keep doing engagements? I would be very surprised if she made it to March

Old 02-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Crown Princess Victoria at the Centre for Business and Policy Studies in Stockholm today,
February 9, 2012, wearing a black outfit and a nice blouse with dots:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Without the jacket **

Old 02-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

More of the same, not that interesting. Prefer the look without the jacket.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Majesty

I would have liked the blouse to be in a solid color, but otherwise, she looks all right.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

The later in the pregnancy the better her clothes.
Like the blouse.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Courtier

I think she looks sweet in the blouse. And so happy
Old 02-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Aristocracy

Is it just me or does it look like the baby has dropped? Kudos to Victoria for still going strong this late in her pregnancy! At this stage I am giving her a pass on all her clothes, because frankly I wouldn't be surprised if she was at an event the day before she delivered.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

It's so plain and casual, it really disappointed me.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the outfit without that jacket. Pretty blouse, nothing special, but she does look happy.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Gentry

I like the dotted blouse. I hope she does keep going for as long as she can. It's better to keep busy.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I get that she's in the final stages of her pregnancy, but gosh she looks unkempt! It would be nice to see her a bit more dressed up.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Please remember that this is a fashion thread - neither an additional current events thread
nor one about CP Victoria's pregnancy itself. Off topic posts have been deleted!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quite a refreshing top with dots to see. Was getting quite boring seeing only loose dresses and solid colored tops on her. The top fits very well, like the length of the jacket.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:25 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Now that the pregancy is coming to an end, for me there were two, three outfits that deserved the label "maternity fashion", the rest is better forgotten: tents, boring "big clothes" that dont look materity wear but only a few sizes too big. After all the effort that Victoria put into her fashion after engagement and prior to the wedding its all a major disappointment.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
Is it just me or does it look like the baby has dropped? Kudos to Victoria for still going strong this late in her pregnancy!
I thought the same thing 2 weeks ago Think she looks just fine in this outfit, the blouse fits perfectly, and the jacket is the same length which does alot for it. A normal working outfit, a normal pregant woman, no fashion show.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

This blouse with dots is very nice, it suits well to Victoria. A very good choice. She looks fine and happy.
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/...vicdan1000.jpg
http://kuvakauppa.lehtikuva.fi/edori...57c9e5c2405d46
Old 02-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

IMO she has looked less than glam during her pregnancy which I think is a shame. Yes there have been the odd shining moments but these have been rare ... all in all this sad pair of black pants and so on sums it up ... Frelinghighness it is a fashion thread yes she's working but other CP's have managed to look anything but dowdy and still work. I could be wrong on both counts and Victoria is not a " ... normal woman.. " she is a CP so she's not popping a load of washing on before slipping out ... really!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
IMO she has looked less than glam during her pregnancy which I think is a shame. Yes there have been the odd shining moments but these have been rare ... all in all this sad pair of black pants and so on sums it up ... Frelinghighness it is a fashion thread yes she's working but other CP's have managed to look anything but dowdy and still work. I could be wrong on both counts and Victoria is not a " ... normal woman.. " she is a CP so she's not popping a load of washing on before slipping out ... really!
I see your point and I agree with you. I expressed myself poorly, I was just commenting on the outfit itself, that it would look nice on a typical woman, with a typical pregnancy figure. And, that Victoria is just not interested in fashion. I especially agree about the pants, we have seen them too much.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

See were you are coming from Frelinghighness
Old 02-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I have to be honest, I will be glad to see the the back of her maternity "fashion" but, I do believe, we will all be just as grumpy about her post pregnancy fashion! Victoria has never been a fashionista, in fact, IMO she has gone out of the way to ensure that she could never be perceived as such. When she attends something special she always manages to look appropriate within the bounds of her personal style, gala evening wear being the exception.

I think Victoria is just as attractive as most of the other CP spouses but, as the heir she has never had that "fashion imperative" that seems to compel them to look as picture perfect as they can possibly be. Let's face it, at an agricultural exhibition she doesn't just don the hard hat and pose, she pulls on the gumboots, flashes her megawatt smile and clambers over the machinery!

So as things stand, I'll take a few polka-dots, a megawatt smile and be grateful!