The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

She looked beautiful but,I am underwhelmed by it.It looks like a dress she could wear it to a less important event but not the Nobel.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Nobility

Beautiful looks princess Victoria she had a nice hairdo and the dress is for amother to be great , I hope we see more pictures, for this one , thanks.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Pregnancy suits Victoria, however I don't like the dress.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Serene Highness

Love the dress. It looks very nice, also very on the trend right now, but the dress is definetly not wearing her. Good! :)
Old 12-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Majesty

I love the dress. The color is gorgeous on Victoria. She looks regal. The hair style is fabulous, and of course, I once again adore her smile.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I think this is a beautiful flowing gown on Victoria that suits her regally well. The midnight blue color is gorgeous with a nice shimmer to the fabric that gives it spark and flair. I'm not a fan of the six-button tiara, but her hair and jewels are beautiful.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Emma Danielsson of Expressen of Victoria tonight: Crown Princess Victoria lives up to all expectations when it comes to clothing at the Nobel banquet. She is super glamorous in a midnight blue sequin dress with ¾ sleeves and long train. For it, she is wearing the beautiful Karl Johan-crown with six jewels bows from the 1700s and large sapphire earrings.

The dress is not empire-cut as last year and it shows up the great belly is a big plus. In addition, dress more glamorous than most of the dresses she had worn in previous years.
Rating: 5 wasps. (of 5)
Victorias klänning får toppbetyg - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje
Old 12-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I think she looks lovely and elegant. Her hair is flattering and I am drooling over her huge sapphire brooch and earrings!
Old 12-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Courtier

Some more pictures from the Nobel ceremonies and dinner:
MYROYALS

She looks really lovely, but her smile is wistful.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Fabulous photos and a perfect description of her smile..
Old 12-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Love the dress. It looks very nice, also very on the trend right now, but the dress is definetly not wearing her. Good! :)
I agree she is wearing the dress! I wish the designer would take the cut and make it in a few day dresses for her.
What about the dress makes it trendy, I'm curious?
Old 12-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Serene Highness

The sequins basically. It has really become a must-have. I'm looking for something in sequins but know I will rarely ever wear it, so I'm gonna restrain myself there.
But here's a fun article on the sequins with some very nice examples.
Lainey's Entertainment Update - Celebrity Gossip | Lifestyle Article Detail
Old 12-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Courtier

I really liked the whole look. The dress was very flattering. It's nice to know she has a tailor on stand-by for evening looks. I also think the jewelry was very nice. The few sapphires she wore complimented the color of the dress without overwhelming her...or turning her into a blue ball.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Aristocracy

I think Victoria looked lovely. The whole look works, the color, the sequins, the sapphires, even the tiara with the diamond additions. Victoria gets my best dressed for the evening, hands down.
Must be a huge task to get so dressed up when you're that far along with your pregnancy. I bet Victoria is at that point where she feels like she has been and will be pregnant forever.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
I think Victoria looked lovely. The whole look works, the color, the sequins, the sapphires, even the tiara with the diamond additions.
I agree, the whole "look", her tiara, hair, and earrings segued beautifully into the dress, but what diamond additions are you referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
Victoria gets my best dressed for the evening, hands down.
No question about it, she really pushed the boat out last night. The midnight blue sequined gown was fabulous and teaming it with the sapphire earrings and hairpins was the icing on the cake.

Interestingly, Victoria remains the one member of the Bernadotte clan that can really rock what they call the Karl Johan Diadem with bows and we, prosaically, call the "6 Button Tiara.

Personally I was glad she resisted the urge to go with her signature Baden Fringe Tiara as, paired with the sequins on the dress, it would have looked altogether too "Metal".
Old 12-11-2011, 04:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos after the banquet, a very regal looking couple
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4585/vdnobel2.jpg
http://gfx.svd-cdn.se/multimedia/dyn..._4_808991d.jpg
Old 12-11-2011, 05:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
but what diamond additions are you referring to?
She added diamonds to the tiara. It helps hide the base of the tiara and I think makes it look much nicer.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:50 AM
Royal Highness

It could have been perfection if she had worn the Sapphire Tiara, but close enough.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Courtier

She didn't disappoint me, once again she chose a fabulous look for the Nobel Prize. Beautiful colour, really suits her.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

I didn´t like the dress at first, now I kinda like it. I still think she could have done better, though. I don´t like at all al the glitters on the dress, a little too much. Plus, I don´t like the tiara, although her earrings are gorgeous. I think the whole look would look better with a different hairdo, a "more special" one. This one is lovely, but too simple, IMO.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)