The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Royal Highness

Too short again Whoever told Victoria it would look good on her to spend her pregnancy in only short dresses deserves a spanking with a wet Sunday paper!

Old 11-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Serene Highness

boy i look like that w/o being pregos..anywhoooo, she looks good in black imo

and userdane i love your avator..its so cute

Old 11-23-2011, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Victoria yesterday also attended the Swedish Engeneers' 150-anniversary celebration and handed
over a prize, wearing a sequined beige and black dress.
The black back side is something special, but I think I would have liked a completely beige dress better.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **
Old 11-23-2011, 05:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

I guess this dress isn't maternity clothing?
If it was, the hem would not rise so high in the front.
Eventually she wishes to wear ordinary loose-cut clothes,
but then one is confronted with this matter.
Only slightly annoying though.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Courtier

Too tent-ish IMO, though I like the two-coloured style.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ohhh that hair..please, please cut it!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

That frock is very pretty !
Old 11-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalisa View Post
I guess this dress isn't maternity clothing?
If it was, the hem would not rise so high in the front.

You may be right about this, Billed-Bladet informs us that the dress is from By Malene Birger
and shows a Danish celebrity wearing it as well, that lady doesn't look pregnant

** BB translated article with pics **
Old 11-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

CPV is just looking cuter every day! Love the dress, maternity or not.I also like her black and tan outfit. I have a similar ensemble and I call it my "Doberman" outfit.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Courtier

Don't like the dress!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the black knit suite and cardigan. Finally something very flattering for Victoria. The neckline and fabric are perfect. The buttoned cardigan, making a v to elongate her look. Unfortunately, the short skirt and jarring shoes ruin the line. Better to have had a to the kneecap dress with boots, or pants.
The awful two toned tent dress made me cringe. The too short hem in front is the focal point unfortunately, not Victoria's smile. She looks a good 7 mos pregnant, imo.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Ohhh that hair..please, please cut it!!!
Why? Victoria's hair is beutiful, thick and healthy, why would she cut it?
Old 11-24-2011, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The dress looks like a sack on Victoria and it is shapeless. i do know she is expecting but there is no need to dress in one style throughout the pregnancy. There are much nice outfits for expecting mums.

The color of Victoria's dress does nothing to her, it does seem to wash her out a bit. The sequined panels don't seem to suit Victorias style IMO. The whole dress just seems it belongs on someone who is ready to spend a night out with friends.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Majesty

Not really feeling the dress, but her smile is as always, contagious.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:04 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Looking through the recent sites of the thread I keep thinking does maternity fashion have to be so ugly, shapeless and sloppy?

The dark red dress would have been ok without the Madeleine fur but the rest is either mismatched or from an outdoor shop, tent department. Especially embarrassing is when the front rises up because of the belly, horrible. Hairstyle is basically non-existent on the daytime outings.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Looking through the recent sites of the thread I keep thinking does maternity fashion have to be so ugly, shapeless and sloppy?

I don't know if it has to be, but it seems like it usually is!

(Someone mentioned Victoria Beckham as an example of how to get it right, but I think she looked ridiculous at the Royal Wedding in April; those heels were nothing short of dangerous for a pregnant woman, even if they were specially designed.)

I wish some top designers would come out with a line of maternity wear that is both practical and attractive; surely that isn't an impossible feat?
Old 11-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

The most regrettable aspect about CP Victoria's fashion during her pregnancy, besides the constant repitition of the same short sack shape, is the fact that most of these clothes are not maternity wear at all.
Some of the short dresses are actually tunics meant to be worn belted and with matching pants or skirts, that's why they just look odd worn with nothing but dark stockings. Some are mini dresses which are not designed for a pregnant woman's body shape either, that's why all the hems rise awkwardly in the front.
As dazzling said before, there are indeed nice designs in maternity wear out there, but so far CP Victoria hasn't worn much actual maternity clothes during her pregnancy at all; quite inexplicable, and IMHO the big initial problem with most of her recent looks.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Courtier

I would agree, she is just not looking good. There is really no excuse for it, it's not like she is a young woman who is low on cash and has to wear things to do double duty. Indeed there is some very nice maternity wear out there ... she just isn't choosing it.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
(Someone mentioned Victoria Beckham as an example of how to get it right, but I think she looked ridiculous at the Royal Wedding in April; those heels were nothing short of dangerous for a pregnant woman, even if they were specially designed.)
I have to agree, Mirabel. Everything about that look was hideous, and the perpetual scowl bitch-face may have gone with the outfit, but I much prefer a happy, smiling Crown Princess Victoria in her tacky outfits.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't know if it has to be, but it seems like it usually is!

I wish some top designers would come out with a line of maternity wear that is both practical and attractive; surely that isn't an impossible feat?
You would be surprised but Louboutins are surprisingly comfortable.
I think Victoria looks fine most of the time. I'm just not a fan of the shapeless dresses in general. But I can imagine it's safe for Victoria. But she can rock those tight dresses so well. There's nothing wrong with a tight dress on a pregnant woman, as long as you carry it well and if it makes you slightly uncomfortable, a vest or a blazer is always an option.

And to your last question; obviously not. Pregnant equals fat in the High Fashion industry. Designers have enough to do with their regular collections.