The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Aristocracy

I recall a young lady in the 60's here In the US getting into her car and hitting the top of her hat with her hand and the world thought it was designed that away. If Jackie Kennedy can set fashion history with a bump in a positive way I am sure Crown Princess Victoria can make a fashion miss with one. Recall we are all children of our lord and I'm his eyes equal so let's give Victoria a little slack.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria delivering prizes at the Royal Swedish Academy of War Sciences' formal gathering on 11th November.
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7081/kkva1.jpg
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6782/kkva4.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9776/kkva2.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5827/kkva5.jpg
She looks lovely, the colour of the dress suits her very well. And it´s great to see her with a hairdo. Maybe Daniel brought her a bolero from Madeleine, while he was in the States, Madeleine has woren them recently.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

That's a beautiful wine-red color on Victoria; it goes so well with her coloring and she's just glowing. I love the bolero as well; a style reminiscent of Madeleine, so maybe she's giving her sister fashion tips. And it's nice to see her in a lovely chic updo, it looks like she has something tucked in it on the left side from what I can see in the second photo. Too bad there are no shots from that angle. Altogether, a very elegant outing for her.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Majesty

That red dress is very flattering on her but I do not like the fur.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Courtier

A nice dress at last! Makes me hope even more for the Nobel Prize gala
Old 11-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Finally! A lovely, elegant looking Victoria, and I love the bolero. Her hair is styled in a flattering up-do to complete the look. It is so nice to see! :)
Old 11-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the dress, love the color even more. She should wear it more often, it really compliments her hair and skin tone. The shrug was a nice accessory.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'm not sure it really is, though.
I mean, I must have heard dozens of women say: "I may be pregnant, but I'm going to look good!"
(I know I said the same thing myself).

They then discover that, no matter what they do, they are going to look like the Goodyear Blimp.

You can try your best, but...I don't know about looking hot. JMO.
So I think we should cut Victoria some slack.
One woman who always looks fantastic even when pregnant is Victoria Beckham. The girl even wears ridiculous heels when she is in her third trimester, so yes it is possible to look hott and beautiful even when you are carrying another human in your uterus. Victoria of Sweden just doesn't seem to care to try, maybe she has horrible morning sickness and it just drains her.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 11-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Majesty

That's a very pretty shade of red. I like the black bolero jacket she chose to go with it too. Good combination.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm glad everyone seems to like the evening dress on Victoria. I feel like she looks ok in wearing a challenging dress, sort of like a bad bridesmaids dress. She would look so much better with a more flattering cut for how she is carrying. She is very top heavy right now and I can think of different styles which would be better
Old 11-21-2011, 01:02 AM
Nobility

I love this dress on Victoria. The color is really beautiful and she is radiant. The black bolero jacket is cute, too. :-)

Be who you are And say what you feel Because those who mind don't matter And those who matter don't mind-Dr. Seuss
Old 11-21-2011, 02:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
One woman who always looks fantastic even when pregnant is Victoria Beckham. The girl even wears ridiculous heels when she is in her third trimester, so yes it is possible to look hott and beautiful even when you are carrying another human in your uterus. Victoria of Sweden just doesn't seem to care to try, maybe she has horrible morning sickness and it just drains her.
I hope you are not including her outing to the Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton as an example of "hot"!

Victoria Beckham is a fashion designer and mother and, I am guessing, that she didn't have many "engagements" where she had to stand or sit around for hours at a time, keeping a permanent smile on her face and looking interested in everybody else!

Crown Princess Victoria has a relatively full shedule of engagements, mostly standing around meeting people and looking animated and interested in those she is meeting and whatever cause she is there to support/endorse/celebrate. In that she suceeds exceptionally well.

I think her pregnancy wardrobe is the same as her pre-pregnancy wardrobe. Functional with occasional forays into elegant and chic! Victoria at he Royal Swedish Academy of War Sciences' formal gathering on 11th November, is definitely one such engagement!

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6782/kkva4.jpg
Old 11-21-2011, 02:29 AM
Heir Apparent

The red is stunning on her and the little shug is very pretty thank goodness something nice at last.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Nice dress and suits her a lot.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I'm glad everyone seems to like the evening dress on Victoria.
in my opinion, Victoria always did a great job concerning her "gala-like" looks. im not surprised to like her dress, hairdo and accessories.
while her daily clothes are more plain, normal and average.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Royal Highness

Great dress, color and cut. I don't like fur bolero, too much Madeleine's influence here
Old 11-22-2011, 02:10 AM
Majesty

My thoughts exactly! Fabulous dress, fabulous colour, hate the "Madeleine" look!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Crown Princess Victoria at the "Anders Wall Award" ceremony at the Uppsala University on November
22, 2011, wearing a black dress and a nice jacket with a bordure of contrasting colour.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Shoes and bag **
Old 11-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Courtier

Don't like the fact that it is all black again, but I love this type of jacket on her.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

I like today´s black outfit a lot. The shoes match with the coat.
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7770/29324790.jpg
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/4337/76925308.jpg
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7666/11926445.jpg

Tags
crown princess victoria, crown princess victoria's maternity fashion, maternity style, pregnancy style, princess victoria, princess victoria maternity style, princess victoria pregnancy style