Crown Princess Victoria's Maternity Fashion: August 2011 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
?Don't think we're going to see any new fashion from Victoria at this stage.
In fact, how much longer is she scheduled to keep doing engagements? I would be very surprised if she made it to March

Crown Princess Victoria at the Centre for Business and Policy Studies in Stockholm today,
February 9, 2012, wearing a black outfit and a nice blouse with dots:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Without the jacket **

More of the same, not that interesting. Prefer the look without the jacket.

I would have liked the blouse to be in a solid color, but otherwise, she looks all right.

The later in the pregnancy the better her clothes.
Like the blouse.

Is it just me or does it look like the baby has dropped? Kudos to Victoria for still going strong this late in her pregnancy! At this stage I am giving her a pass on all her clothes, because frankly I wouldn't be surprised if she was at an event the day before she delivered.

I like the outfit without that jacket. Pretty blouse, nothing special, but she does look happy.

I like the dotted blouse. I hope she does keep going for as long as she can. It's better to keep busy.

I get that she's in the final stages of her pregnancy, but gosh she looks unkempt! It would be nice to see her a bit more dressed up.

Please remember that this is a fashion thread - neither an additional current events thread
nor one about CP Victoria's pregnancy itself. Off topic posts have been deleted!

Quite a refreshing top with dots to see. Was getting quite boring seeing only loose dresses and solid colored tops on her. The top fits very well, like the length of the jacket.

Now that the pregancy is coming to an end, for me there were two, three outfits that deserved the label "maternity fashion", the rest is better forgotten: tents, boring "big clothes" that dont look materity wear but only a few sizes too big. After all the effort that Victoria put into her fashion after engagement and prior to the wedding its all a major disappointment.

Is it just me or does it look like the baby has dropped? Kudos to Victoria for still going strong this late in her pregnancy!
I thought the same thing 2 weeks ago:flowers: Think she looks just fine in this outfit, the blouse fits perfectly, and the jacket is the same length which does alot for it. A normal working outfit, a normal pregant woman, no fashion show.

IMO she has looked less than glam during her pregnancy which I think is a shame. Yes there have been the odd shining moments but these have been rare ... all in all this sad pair of black pants and so on sums it up ... Frelinghighness it is a fashion thread yes she's working but other CP's have managed to look anything but dowdy and still work. I could be wrong on both counts and Victoria is not a " ... normal woman.. " she is a CP so she's not popping a load of washing on before slipping out ... really!

IMO she has looked less than glam during her pregnancy which I think is a shame. Yes there have been the odd shining moments but these have been rare ... all in all this sad pair of black pants and so on sums it up ... Frelinghighness it is a fashion thread yes she's working but other CP's have managed to look anything but dowdy and still work. I could be wrong on both counts and Victoria is not a " ... normal woman.. " she is a CP so she's not popping a load of washing on before slipping out ... really!
I see your point and I agree with you. I expressed myself poorly, I was just commenting on the outfit itself, that it would look nice on a typical woman, with a typical pregnancy figure. And, that Victoria is just not interested in fashion. I especially agree about the pants, we have seen them too much.

Last edited:
I have to be honest, I will be glad to see the the back of her maternity "fashion" but, I do believe, we will all be just as grumpy about her post pregnancy fashion! Victoria has never been a fashionista, in fact, IMO she has gone out of the way to ensure that she could never be perceived as such. When she attends something special she always manages to look appropriate within the bounds of her personal style, gala evening wear being the exception.

I think Victoria is just as attractive as most of the other CP spouses but, as the heir she has never had that "fashion imperative" that seems to compel them to look as picture perfect as they can possibly be. Let's face it, at an agricultural exhibition she doesn't just don the hard hat and pose, she pulls on the gumboots, flashes her megawatt smile and clambers over the machinery!

So as things stand, I'll take a few polka-dots, a megawatt smile and be grateful!

I know I'll catch a lot of crud for this but I have to say - her maternity fashion sense is awful! As a whole, I think I dressed better throughout my recent pregnancy than she, a PRINCESS with a nice fashion budget, does. Her hair never looks properly done. She literally just throws it in a ponytail every morning and goes about her appearances. The clothes are dowdy and old-fashioed maternity wear (like 20 years ago when no one thought maternity fashion could look stylish). Mary, Mathilde, and even Maxima did better. I wish she'd stepped it up. *sigh*

:previous: Sorry PrincessAurora, I think that ship has sailed! :D

Victoria has never been a fashionista, in fact, IMO she has gone out of the way to ensure that she could never be perceived as such.

Its not so much about being a fashionista, rather about making an effort. Almost since marriage and pregancy, basically when Victoria got what she wanted in life, a husband and a family, the effort was gone and I doubt it will come back.

I too will ad it my overall disappointment in CP Victorias fashion maternity fashions, sad, but true-

Last edited:
Its not so much about being a fashionista, rather about making an effort. Almost since marriage and pregancy, basically when Victoria got what she wanted in life, a husband and a family, the effort was gone and I doubt it will come back.

IMO she wore a lot of smart daytime outfits between getting married and pregnancy. She radiated happiness in her close-fitting bright-coloured dresses.
Crown Princess Victoria Of Sweden And Her Husband Prince

Not to mention the evening dresses.
Crown Princess Victoria Of Sweden Attends Pre Wedding

I'll stay hopeful! :)

As a woman who was pregnant three times, I can tell you that for many of us fashion was the LAST thing on our minds. Comfortable clothes were a necessity. I couldn't stand to have any weight at all on my midsection from the time I became pregnant: it was almost the first indication that I WAS pregnant. Waistbands were horribly uncomfortable from day one and even t-shirts were too tight and constricting so I went to "tents" quite early on. Any heel over 1" made my back ache for days. I had morning sickness for seven months. I was totally exhausted all the time, some days my only accomplishment while carrying my youngest was to get dressed and take care of my toddler. And yes, I kept right on working when I was pregnant the first time and didn't miss a day. We don't know just how HRH has felt during her months of waiting as she has carried out her duties, so I'm sure we can all cut her some slack over what she's wearing. :flowers:

Getting off my soapbox. :whistling:

I don't have children but being pregnant looks uncomfortable the last in Victoria's mind is clothes.

I'm growin tired of black and white dotted blouses on CP Victoria, yawn!

and perhaps the season doesnt help too!!! i dont have children too, but my mom told me that with my brother she felt uncomfortable and heavy and didnt care about fashion that much and went to dress clothes like "tents" (my bro was a big baby and it was during winter). with me, it was the opposite, it was a summer pregnancy as i was born in September and i was small, i see pictures of my mom from 20 years back and she was fashionable and cute during her second pregnancy.
so maybe Victoria feels uncomfortable, and its winter (there are not many choices of clothes) and the baby seems to be a big one too. but my mom was a regular person and Victoria is the crown princess, at least just a bit more effort and i would be glad! at least her gala(eveningwear) clothes were a plus^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom