The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Ankle boots in similar models are almost the only kind of shoes that can be found in Swedish shoe shops at the moment. I've been trying to find something else but the choices are limited.
I dont mind ankle boots in general but this specific pair is pretty gross & ugly, there are more elegant designs around, more suitable to a dress.
The coloured tights look very clownish.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The coloured tights look very clownish.
Then many Swedish women look very clownish in your eyes as it's very common with dark coloured tights in winter in Sweden.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Majesty

It looks like Victoria had a ball, as did Daniel. But, I think she has gained way to much weight to comfortably continue to wear this dress. It looks even worse when she raises her hand to wave . . . and she does this a lot.

The tights are not an issue as the notion of warmth is very appealing whether you are pregnant or not but I'm not too fussed on the boots.

Is it me or has Victoria suddenly and dramatically increased in size. Is she further along in her pregnancy than we thought or is she pehaps, retaining fluid?

MYROYALS: SWEDEN ROYAL
Old 11-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh Victoria, even with the lackluster maternity style she still manages to be one of my favourite royals. But I wish Princess Mary or MM would send along some maternity wear advice to her! However, I am quite excited to see her at the Nobel ceremonies if she attends. I love bejeweled gala maternity wear.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Victoria in Västernorrland today, November 8, wearing black pants and jacket and a red/orange blouse:

** Side view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **
Old 11-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Majesty

Good contrast, but the combination reminds me a little too much of Halloween.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I prefer this outfit to the short dress/ankle boots combo. Victoria is getting huge, no way she will hold on until March. Looking forward to her Nobel look!
What still sucks is the eversooften repeated ponytail, the epitome of no effort & blah look.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well I can´t imagine to see Victoria without her ponytail often, because it suits her and it is the hairdo she likes. Today´s outfit is nice, I like the bright red blouse.
http://blogg.svt.se/ebba/files/2011/...er-620x468.jpg
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0106843638.jpg
And we can´t compare Victoria with other royal ladies, because every royal woman is her own person and almost every one of them has a strong personality of their own. What suits Mary or Marie, don´t necessarily suit Victoria.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Courtier

I like todays clothes much better then yesterdays. Has anyone seen any photos from the dinner last night?
Victoria sure is getting large now - either she gives birth much earlier then said or she´s having twins (or maybe triplets...), ofcourse that´s only what i belive and i´m certainly not an expert on these issues
Old 11-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

Some women grow a larger belly and gain more weight than others,it doesn´t necessarily mean they are going to have twins-but I would be very happy if she was expecting twins :-)
Old 11-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
I like todays clothes much better then yesterdays. Has anyone seen any photos from the dinner last night?
The press didn´t have access to the dinner hosted by the governor. And the official site of the county or the royal house haven´t published any photos from the dinner.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Well I can´t imagine to see Victoria without her ponytail often, because it suits her and it is the hairdo she likes. Today´s outfit is nice, I like the bright red blouse.
http://blogg.svt.se/ebba/files/2011/...er-620x468.jpg
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0106843638.jpg
And we can´t compare Victoria with other royal ladies, because every royal woman is her own person and almost every one of them has a strong personality of their own. What suits Mary or Marie, don´t necessarily suit Victoria.
Thank you, LadyFinn. Victoria has so much more to offer than the perfect maternity wardrobe or style and she has no need and I hope never will feel the need to dress to please the members of these forums or to waste time, energy, and an exorbitant amount of money purely to put a false image out to the world. She is authentic, genuine, dedicated, intelligent, and represents her country well. Why would she want to be like any other woman? Yes, she could starve herself to be as thin as possible throughout her pregnancy and then devote herself to trying to be thin after giving birth and then where would she be - looking old, haggard, and unhappy just like other women who do the same. Besides, she has more important things on which to focus her time, energy, and efforts.

Perhaps other women who put so much emphasis on looks, clothes, and image could get advice from Victoria on how to be pleasant, respectful, and connected to people in a genuine, giving way. Or maybe they could get advice from Daniel on how to be an effective, supportive spouse as he seems to value his wife without trying to be the center of attention.

Unfortunately, so many people think their opinion is better, more informed, or more valid and they contribute little more than comparing Victoria to other women and have demonstrated a complete lack of willingness to do so when their favorites are criticised in the same manner. (...)

BTW...I agree that the ponytail might be overdone in the eyes of many posters here, but it does suit Victoria and allows her to stay focused on the task/person/job at hand rather than constantly touching/fixing/pushing back her hair. Besides, the ponytail is exactly why she looks so stunning for gala events. If she piled on the makeup and went with elaborate hairdos every day, she wouldn't be such a knockout at special events. Also, as a future reigning Queen and not just a consort, she has already set in place her particular style, which while it will probably continue to develop somewhat isn't likely to change drastically over the years. No one criticises QEII's 1950s hairstyle, or Beatrix's helmet, or Margrethe II's same hairstyle for day or evening, or The Princess Royals ever-present up-do. It works for them, most of them are regarded as hard-working and professional and - especially for the older ladies - their styles seem to be affectionately appreciated for their individual adherence to what works.

I also don't think she should waste tons of money on outfits that she will only be wearing during pregnancy...and if she started wearing them sooner than when they fit perfectly, it just shows how responsible she is to a budget rather than picking up some trendy outfit just too look fashionable and then wastefully discarding it.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Nobility

I think she always has her hair in ponytail is because she took precaution over the effects of chemicals phthalates, used in hairspray, which may lead to birth defects.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Victoria has so much more to offer than the perfect maternity wardrobe or style and she has no need and I hope never will feel the need to dress to please the members of these forums or to waste time, energy, and an exorbitant amount of money purely to put a false image out to the world. She is authentic, genuine, dedicated, intelligent, and represents her country well.
The last time I checked this was the Victoria's maternity fashion thread where her appearance is being discussed and not her personality or work ethic. Besides, there is little else royals do these days apart from showing up at institutional / good cause events for a photo op which means appearance is key.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Administrator

This is a fashion thread, please stay on topic of this thread! Thanks!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Victoria has had weight issues in years past, as we all know. Sometimes, pregnant women have difficulty modulating their weight. Also, some pregnant women gain weight differently due to morning sickness, for example, or becoming much larger in the bust area as seems to have happened to Cp Victoria. In any case, she seems to be a good example of a more typical, rather than fairy tale princess model for her countrymen. Her use of simple outfits, though a bit short, is a good example for all. However, she could use help in dressing for the enlarged bust issue, which is much more difficult to address than the simple larger abdomen area.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Serene Highness

I think that everyone who have been following Victoria knows by now that she isn't very interested in fashion and doesn't try to follow the latest trends when it comes to clothes.

I don't know if the fact that Sweden is (or tries to be) a egalitarian society where for a long time it's been seen as being very shallow when women makes an extra effort to be fashionable and wear the latest trends. I would guess that Victoria would be criticised by media and others if she had tried to be a "fashion doll" as that is something that is/has not been seen as PC in Sweden. Most of the pictures posted in this thread is from everyday events in Sweden and as I see it what she's wearing is in many ways similar to what other Swedish women who are not too much into fashion is wearing, and for me that feels right. When it comes to represent Sweden abroad or at events that have more international interest, such as the Nobel price cermony Victoria makes a greater effort to be more stylish.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The last time I checked this was the Victoria's maternity fashion thread where her appearance is being discussed and not her personality or work ethic. Besides, there is little else royals do these days apart from showing up at institutional / good cause events for a photo op which means appearance is key.
Actually, IMO, Victoria's personality, demeanor, and work ethic are competely a part of her personal style and absolutely bears mentioning here.

But I'll jump into the shallow end of the pool and deal only with the first part of your statement. You are correct...this is a thread about Victoria's maternity fashion - so perhaps comparisons to other crown princesses or suggestions that she ask for advice from them have no place here.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Her mayernity wardrobe IMO has left a lot to be desired and the last outfit is no exception ......she looks like she's been at work all day the hair is horrible and a total mess and those clip things she insists on wearing... can anyone explain that to me as I am totally in the dark.The smock things are too short and do not flatter her at all, the hair is everywhere and the top in this black/orange outfit is too short.
I can only say that if this is a high fashion note for Victoria what are we to expect post pregnancy ??? I have been really shocked and disappointed at the choices she/stylist have made.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think that we have now seen that Victoria is one of those women, who doesn´t want to show the lines and size of her belly to all people in the world. And I find that great and very refreshing.

Old photos:
Victoria with Daniel at a private visit to the Sports School of the Gothenburg University, 1st September (they had the official part the day before). I found just these small photos.
http://www.ufn.gu.se/aktuellt/nyhete...ictoria+276+px
http://www.ufn.gu.se/aktuellt/nyhete...samling+460+px
Nice outfit.

Tags
crown princess victoria, crown princess victoria's maternity fashion, maternity style, pregnancy style, princess victoria, princess victoria maternity style, princess victoria pregnancy style