Crown Princess Victoria's Maternity Fashion: August 2011 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria tonight at the Swedish Academy's formal gathering at the Stock Exchange in Stockholm.
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
Victoria looks very lovely and beautiful, her hairdo is soft and feminine. Hoping to have a photo of the whole dress, but this is an event where there are just a few photos to be seen.

Oh, I'm hoping for more photos too, but from what can be seen she looked beautiful. Gorgeous hairdo and earrings.

Last edited:
She looks beautiful, I really like her hair :D

Love that coiled chignon; she looks lovely.

Last edited:
Very lovely and feminine. I love the expression on her face, the hair style and the earrings. I would love to see some pictures, hopefully full length so that we could get a better picture of the dress.

How could I forget about the earrings??:eek: Are those diamond drops, I wonder?

Can't really see the dress, just that it is black, has a flattering neckline with sequins bordering it and the 3/4 sleeves. Looks the the embroidering follows through under the bustline. Also looks like she really has no more room in that dress, it seems to fit nicely.
Her hair and makeup and glowing skin and diamond earrings are just perfect. She may have an ornament in her hair. Would love to see full length.

Victoria tonight at the Swedish Academy's formal gathering at the Stock Exchange in Stockholm.
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
Victoria looks very lovely and beautiful, her hairdo is soft and feminine. Hoping to have a photo of the whole dress, but this is an event where there are just a few photos to be seen.

Victoria looks stunning - IMO this is one of her best pregnancy looks to date. Would love to see a full-length shot (and one of the jewel in her hair - perhaps its the same one she wore to the King's Nobel dinner a few years back?)

Victoria looks stunning - IMO this is one of her best pregnancy looks to date. Would love to see a full-length shot (and one of the jewel in her hair - perhaps its the same one she wore to the King's Nobel dinner a few years back?)

Agree. The cut is classic and flattering. It also looks very comfortable vs the blue noble dress.

Iceflower, thank you for the pictures :flowers:.

I love the empire waist quality of the dress. The velvet makes it look very rich and comfortable too. She looks lovely.

Looks like Victoria finally made it into a typical pregnancy dress with the detailing just above the belly. I love this look, she looked great! I like the fact the dress is velvet, not many will wear velvet while expecting.

I too agree that this is one of CP Victoria's best looks to date in her pregnancy!

Yes, definitely one of Victoria's better evening looks. The hair and dress look wonderful, as does she.

I too, agree! Now let us hope that she will continue this type of look with her day wear outfits! :)

Victoria looks great! It's a good maternity dress. From the front you can't even tell she's pregnant.

Finally a fitted dress. Victoria looks great, the same attitude in daytime fashion and she would have looked fab!

She looks fantastic:flowers: Anybody have some info about the dress?

So far her maternity fashion has not impressed me.Some outfits were horrid and some were boring.But,she is pregnant and probably too tired to care about fashion so I'am not going to give her too much of a hard time ;)

Last edited:
All along I think the error of Victoria's fashion choices has been to go with larger sizes, in lieu of true maternity wear, which is tailored entirely differently. Maybe her growing size will force her to select maternity fashion in 2012, and we may see improvement, one can only hope!

She's due when - in March? - so she's going to have to hurry and step up improved maternity fashions really soon!

All along I think the error of Victoria's fashion choices has been to go with larger sizes, in lieu of true maternity wear, which is tailored entirely differently. Maybe her growing size will force her to select maternity fashion in 2012, and we may see improvement, one can only hope!

For me Victoria has given me more respect for maternity wear. Maybe there are some other ladies out there who are pregnant and look at Victoria and go :eek: and run to the maternity section so as not to look like Victoria.

Victoria during a reception for the Swedish Junior Ice Hockey team at the Royal Palace
in Stockholm on January 7, wearing one of her favourite maternity looks - a black dress:

** Side view ** Part of the front view **

I love the smile in the second picture and the baby-sized hockey jersey. Victoria is simply glowing. I like the long necklace she's wearing to brighten her look a little.

Victoria´s tylist Tina Törnquist gave an exclusive interview to Aftonbladet. She says that Victoria wants to use clothes of swedish designers and by doing so to promote them.
Victoria has been in recent years praised by fashion experts.
- It's clear that she understands that clothing plays the role of a princess and that it belongs to the job, says Aftonbladet fashion expert Nina Johansson.
Törnquist says:
- I scan the market and check all brands. I take home those that suit her and fit for the events she'll show up. We have a partnership (from 2008) in which I show, she looks and we try them on. She has an interest, it is ultimately she who should feel that it will be good.
This past year, Victoria is increasingly shown up in the Swedish-designed clothes.
- We have tried it. There is a willingness by the Crown Princess to wear swedish. She is always a representative of her country and she is proud to wear swedish when she gets the opportunity to do it, says Tina Törnquist.

Victoria also carries some Danish design. But both the jewelry and clothing is at the first swedish-related.
- It is obvious that it is swedish we look at first. Where can I update myself all the time, says Tina Törnquist.
But she points out that the princess above all must feel comfortable in the clothes she wears.
- There are so many great swedish brands today and it is important that we show them. But the clothes should suit her well and she should be able to feel comfortable in them.
Kvinnan bakom Vickans succé | Sofis mode | Aftonbladet

Thanks for posting the interview summary of Tina Tornquist regarding CP Victoria's fashion styling- I like that they go to such lengths to patronize and highlight the talents of Swedish designers.

Crown Princess Victoria visited the Astrid Lindgren Children's hospital in Solna today, January 19,
2012, looking wonderful, round and healthy :), wearing a dark outfit including a recycled jacket
with brooch.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

iceflower said:

Crown Princess Victoria visited the Astrid Lindgren Children's hospital in Solna today, January 19,
2012, looking wonderful, round and healthy :), wearing a dark outfit including a recycled jacket
with brooch.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

She looks very nice here (her hair isn't great but I don't blame her for going low fuss at this point)

She also looks like she's due very soon. I assume that's why she skipped the ruby jubilee gala in Denmark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom