Crown Princess Victoria's Maternity Fashion: August 2011 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it's a little too short but CP has a nice legs so I can forgive her. I love the color. Nice shoes but I would like to see different clutch, too much purple IMO.

I think "trapeze" dresses need to be either long or a tad on the short side. Inbetween would be very unflattering. She looks so cute.

The purple dress is way too short, but she still looks cute!

Last edited:
maybe the scarf is an inkling to the sex of the baby lol

Maybe it's a little bit short but it's a nice dress and Victoria looks so happy!!

its to short imo but its a nice idea
I loved the colour and style but it is absolutely way too short. I mean, well really, if I wore something that short . . . . . OK, I'm just jealous. She has wonderful legs and looks fabulous.

It's summer and she may as well enjoy fashion whilst she may.

The dress is a touch short, but maybe she carried the scarf in case she'll be sitting down, and it rides up too much, she can use the scarf as a lap shawl LOL

I loved the colour and style but it is absolutely way too short. I mean, well really, if I wore something that short . . . . . OK, I'm just jealous. She has wonderful legs and looks fabulous.

It's summer and she may as well enjoy fashion whilst she may.

She does have nice legs, but it's too short. Very pretty color on her though!

Totally way too short, no hose on and the usual hair mess.

And at a Lawyers Convention!

Yes!! Why oh why doesn't she do something with her hair? It's always strained back in a dowdy unflattering way.

Of all the royal ladies, I think Victoria has the worst hairstyle. :sad:

Totally way too short, no hose on and the usual hair mess.

And at a Lawyers Convention!

In Sweden, wearing hose in the summer is very uncommon, even among lawyers. It would have looked very matronly. Even my grandmother wouldn't wear them when she was alive. It is mostly people sensitive to draughts or people with visible veins that wear them. She might chose to wear hose if she were visiting in the US, though, where I understand it is considered more appropriate.

Apart from this, I thought her dress was a bit too short. But then I know I'm a bit conservative in that area.

Yes!! Why oh why doesn't she do something with her hair? It's always strained back in a dowdy unflattering way.

Of all the royal ladies, I think Victoria has the worst hairstyle. :sad:
i disagree. you have that opinion because you rarely see Victoria with her hair down, she likes up-duos more so she wears them more often.
besides, she is the princess in my opinion with the best up-duos out there! (aka: nobel prize, she got all this years amazing hairstyles and with diferent up-duos)

I don't think it's the worst,it's just always the same.

The dress has a very lovely colour, it suits Victoria well. Maybe it is a little short, but is is still summer.
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2011/08/B95Q9102.jpg
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2011/08/B95Q9142.jpg

The dress is from swedish Mayla, as was the dress on her birthday:
Mayla | Designers | Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Stockholm

Pretty dress! The way everyone was talking I thought it would be a mini dress. I think the length of it is fine.

For these I can forgive the ever-present ponytail! Actually, it seems that she has shortened her hair around her face and when she does wear it in a ponytail it is no longer the utilitarian, severely scraped back, affair we were used to seeing. It seems softer somehow, and no, not just since the announcement of her pregnancy.

Can we focus on Vicky and her pregnancy? She's gained a few kilos, her hair is a bit messy....but who cares? She looks radiant.

She is going to be a great mom.

Is Victoria not just wearing plain, boring, ordinary, if not exceedingly expensive, fashionable clothes? I have yet to see her wear anything that could be remotely described as "Maternity Fashion". :bang:

When she is showing and wearing low heels I might just think it's because she is pregnant. :D

By the by, aren't the designers more than a little pipped at their latest "collection" being reduced from Divine, elegant, chic, to "Maternity Wear"? :eek:

Are we no longer to drool over a beautiful evening dress (last post on the evening wear thread 32 July) or stunning day wear (last post 3 August)? If so this could (fashion and event-wise) be one of the longest royal pregnancies in history! :sad:

Is Victoria's entire calendar to be marked by "Maternity" wear and relegated to just plain "Pregnant Victoria" instead of Princess Victoria wearing . . . . . ? :ohmy:

Last edited:
:previous:

Yes LadyFinn, that's how we've always done it - once a pregnancy is announced, out comes the Maternity Fashion thread and the others are shown the broom closet for six-seven months :D;)

So far, Victoria has gotten off to a good start with her pregnancy clothes - which can also be used after pregnancy as well. The purple tunic may have been a bit to short, but was a really nice colour and cut. The teal evening dress at Anna's wedding was also a nice colour on her, but was a little overdressed for the occassion - all the other women in the picture were wearing knee/cocktail length dresses.

I bit square and still a bit too short, especially given the occasion IMO.

LadyFinn said:
Haven´t we before posted comments about princesses´ fashion under "maternity fashion" thread immediately when the pregnancy has been confirmed.

Victoria yesterday at the wedding of Daniel´s sister Anna and Mikael Söderström.
http://cdnstatic.expressen.se/polopoly/bilder/2011/08/21/1.2534921TS1313910681233_slot100slotWide75ArticleFull.jpg
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/13500924/467/normal/fd5d33a0d8802/21s30-vickan-235__mngl_20110821ab5x016%2Cnyh_1.indd_4637.jpg

Lovely dress!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom