The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Crown Princess Victoria attended the World Wildlife Foundations annual meeting in Stockholm, today,
October 11, wearing black pants and a nice blouse. According to svenskdam the blouse is from Greta.

** Full view ** Upper part **

** svenskdam.se: Kronprinsessans blus… **

Old 10-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Aristocracy

What is she wearing? it looks like a ruffled apron or maybe a ruffled skirt over her pants.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Administrator

I guess you are referring to the black jacket she is holding in her hands, it's not part of her pants or a skirt.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

She cant do without the chunky boots, can she?

The blouse is very pretty and I like the combination with the pants, hooray, this time no tent!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

I guess you are referring to the black jacket she is holding in her hands, it's not part of her pants or a skirt.
Duh, I didn't notice but yes, I was referring to what I can now see is a jacket she is holding.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Majesty

I love the color of the blouse. Very, very pretty. She looks nice overall, and the style of her slacks is very elegant.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Majesty

The whole look is unflattering.What's with the shoes?
Old 10-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Crown Princess Victoria at a symposium at the Museum of Natural History in Stockholm today, October 13, 2011,
again wearing pants and a very nice blouse.

** Full view ** Side view ** Close up **
Old 10-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yet another miss in her maternity wardrobe... The bow blouse (by Greta again like the lilac one, probably) is in a Granny style that looks just wrong on a young mother-to-be and it's already too small, which along with the lack of fitting undergarments leads the fabric to roll up in all the wrong places, producing a weird shape.
There are many more flattering and younger styles in maternity fashion than the ones CP Victoria has worn recently.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the blouse on Victoria but what an awful handbag!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Yes same style regarding the blouse and while I liked the lilac colour this nude/beige blouse looks very granny, plus the boring pony tail.

Its like Victoria had a high from engagment to early after her wedding where she made an effort but now its back to matronly & granny, when I see her together with Daniel I have to think of the movie UP!, they look like granddad & granny, very unsophisticated/dowdy-ish.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Its like Victoria had a high from engagment to early after her wedding where she made an effort

That's very precise and spot on! I had said this before, she's letting herself go and it's still so early in her marriage. I want to believe she realizes that and will get back to great appearances soon!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

The woman is pregnant. It might take every ounce of her being to get dressed. We don't know if she is well as an expectant mother or not. As for the bow blouses, she's ahead of the other ladies, as retro '80s style is expected to be the next fashion craze...and those blouses are very '80s.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria looks just wonderful, it┤s great to see a pregnant woman use maternity clothes right from the beginning - one of the greatest things of being pregnant is to be able to use real maternity clothes!
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?p...6681783&pos=10
Old 10-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
As for the bow blouses, she's ahead of the other ladies, as retro '80s style is expected to be the next fashion craze...and those blouses are very '80s.
Retro 80s style was expected to be the next fashion craze about two years ago... since then, it has already gone all the way from couture to 'on sale', so 'ahead of other ladies' is hardly the case.

I don't know how dowdiness (and those bow blouses are among the frumpiest style elements of 80s which were re-discovered) can be declared as a a virtue of CP Victoria's maternity clothes when you only need to look at the royal ladies in the neighbouring Scandinavian countries to realize that a woman can just as well be visibly and proudly pregnant dressed in fresh, young and flattering maternity fashions.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Majesty

I don't think she looks horrible at all. It's not my favorite, but it's not awful either. I don't see any ill-fits on the blouse, but the bow could be a little smaller.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Norwegian paper about Victoria being a model for other pregnant women
Moteeksperter: ľ Kronprinsesse Victoria er et forbilde for andre gravide minmote.no
Old 10-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I don't think she looks horrible at all. It's not my favorite, but it's not awful either. I don't see any ill-fits on the blouse, but the bow could be a little smaller.
I certainly don't think she looks horrible, in fact, I think she looks great. Slim black pants look great with an overblouse.
However, the beige blouse is too small for her, you can see it pulling at her upper sleeve. It was just too small in general for her, like she wouldn't be able to do a bear hug gesture without ripping a seam where the sleeve attaches to the rest of the blouse. There seems to be plenty of room for her tummy.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:05 AM
Administrator

Crown Princess Victoria at the International Council for the Exploration of the Sea
in Copenhagen, today, October 17, 2011 wearing a dark suit and a white blouse.

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part **

Two bigger pics for the details:

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **
Old 10-17-2011, 05:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe the suit can't be photographed well, I don't know what it is, but it looks too casual and odd. The blouse looks better.

Tags
crown princess victoria, crown princess victoria's maternity fashion, maternity style, pregnancy style, princess victoria, princess victoria maternity style, princess victoria pregnancy style