The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
While the black outfit is great,
this one (not sure how to describe it) is something only the court jester would wear
http://eyewitness.se/wp-content/uplo...22-494x328.jpg
Come on, Duke of Marmalade!! Have mercy!! I think the dress is actually not bad! The colours go very well together AND there is no red anywhere!!

Old 09-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Here´s a couple of bigger photos of Victoria´s dress at the children´s event. It was such a great choice for this occasion.
http://asa.svenskdam.se/files/2011/0...an-386x800.jpg
http://asa.svenskdam.se/files/2011/09/vickan2.jpg

Old 09-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Serene Highness

really dont like any of her dress she has had on since having the baby
Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

I do love the blue and white dress and the shoes - even being too wide it looks great!
The hair clip doesn't bother me at all for the first time
Old 09-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Crown Princess Victoria at a visit to Radiumhemmet in Stockholm today, September 29 2011, wearing a light blue dress.
The colour is really nice and goes well with the black.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
Old 09-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I particularly like the "harlequin" dress. I had one back in the 60s that was just like it! I still have the pattern. Perhaps I'll drag it out.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Here´s a couple of bigger photos of Victoria´s dress at the children´s event. It was such a great choice for this occasion.
http://asa.svenskdam.se/files/2011/0...an-386x800.jpg
http://asa.svenskdam.se/files/2011/09/vickan2.jpg
What was she thinking!?
Old 09-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Crown Princess Victoria at a visit to Radiumhemmet in Stockholm today, September 29 2011, wearing a light blue dress.

I love the color of the dress. Very vibrant. She looks wonderful.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I love the color of the dress. Very vibrant. She looks wonderful.
I agree on the colour, but that's about it. Sorry, but the dress looks like a nightgown and the thick black stockings and gross ankle boots are in sharp contrast to the lovely style of the dress.

Its like now that Victoria is married and pregnant, there is no need to look good in public any longer because she got what she wanted (I am happy for her on a personal level, its only about fashion). Did she actually get rid of the stylist she employed around engagement etc?
Old 09-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Courtier

The term "court jester" used by Duke for one of the dresses is so right
It's ugly specially on a pregnant woman.It's too short and her legs looks so unflattering.
The last blue dress is nice.But the booties are all wrong with it.I hate booties with dresses and skirts.
It seems that Victoria has stolen Mette Marit black and thick stockings
Old 09-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree on the colour, but that's about it. Sorry, but the dress looks like a nightgown and the thick black stockings and gross ankle boots are in sharp contrast to the lovely style of the dress.

Its like now that Victoria is married and pregnant, there is no need to look good in public any longer because she got what she wanted (I am happy for her on a personal level, its only about fashion). Did she actually get rid of the stylist she employed around engagement etc?
The boots are hideous but I'm just trying to stay as positive as possible. I think lighter stockings (in color and thickness) and different shoes may have done this look a lot more favors. However, she's wearing this with great confidence, and that adds to her being able to carry this off.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
It seems that Victoria has stolen Mette Marit black and thick stockings
It's late in september, it's in sweden = thick black stockings and boots are prefect! It's kind of cold you know And the black low boots she is wearing looks so much nicer together with black stockings than toghether with nude ones...
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 09-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria View Post
It's late in september, it's in sweden = thick black stockings and boots are prefect! It's kind of cold you know And the black low boots she is wearing looks so much nicer together with black stockings than toghether with nude ones...
If it's cold,then the dress isn't suitable.
She dressed this way when she went to Finland;booties,thick stockings and short sleeves
I agree that black stockings match better with black booties but still I hate booties with a dress on Victoria or any other woman.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

If it's cold, wear pants.
The harliquin dress is simply the most unflattering dress imaginable. That Victoria looks pretty terrific in it, says a lot.
Let's do some double knit slim pants and tunics. we've got a ways to go..
Old 09-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
What was she thinking!?
That kids love bright colour and her usual dark neutrals wouldn't go down well with that particular audience. I think elegance is wasted on that crowd!

As per usual, she has dressed for the occasion in such a way as to allow for a really quick one for one swap between that and the Dinner.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

At least we here in Finland (and I suppose in Sweden too) wear booties with skirts and dresses also. I wear skirts and dresses almost every day (pants only about two times a year), and if it is about 0 to 8 degrees plus, I wear my booties. You can wear a dress like Victoria inside during the winter also.

Victoria´s visit at the Radiumhemmet was part of the start of this year´s Pink Ribbon (Rosa bandet) -campaign for breast cancer organized by the Swedish Cancer Society. Victoria is the patron of the campaign and she was shown the various stages the breast cancer patient meets at the hospital.
Victoria wore a silk dress from Greta, and the pink ribbon. She looks very nice, however, I would have not used the black stockings.
http://blogg.svt.se/ebba/files/2011/...ta-620x609.jpg
Old 09-30-2011, 04:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Those ankle boots are really horrible with these kind of dresses!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Those ankle boots are really horrible with these kind of dresses!
Maybe a pair of heels or even flats would have looked better. Yeah, the booties need to be put in the far recesses of her closet.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade
While the black outfit is great,
this one (not sure how to describe it) is something only the court jester would wear
http://eyewitness.se/wp-content/uplo...22-494x328.jpg
Hmmm not a fan of this one......

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower

Really love this look- vivbrant color! And I don't mind the boots and tights actually
Old 10-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

It's a nice maternity dress, quite casual though. Everything else is off, apart from the earrings. I'm sure she knows how to combine a light blue dress, cannot understand why she doesn't want to put some effort there anymore.

Tags
crown princess victoria, crown princess victoria's maternity fashion, maternity style, pregnancy style, princess victoria, princess victoria maternity style, princess victoria pregnancy style