Crown Princess Victoria's Maternity Fashion: August 2011 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that everyone who have been following Victoria knows by now that she isn't very interested in fashion and doesn't try to follow the latest trends when it comes to clothes.

I agree. She isn't trying to be a fashion icon; I see nothing wrong with that.

There is no need to be a fashion icon in order to have a regal/polished look, the look that Victoria had between her engagement period and shortly after her wedding. Its like she had help during that time that is now gone and it shows. Pregnant or not, she looks pretty sloppy these days.

I think that she hired the stylist then, but not working with that person anymore. She can look polished (Polar Music Prize) but unfortunately most of the times she looks bad. I'm not talking about not fashionable dress (she never was too trendy, prefers classic) or something like that, but her 'tents' are often too short or too big and shoes are horrible. If I would be pregnant and work I would try to look the best I can with respect to the people whom I meet (and for my own pleasure). Victoria 'is working' and I think she should try better.

She looks great and I don´t really care what she wears as long as she´s happy with it:)
I guess we all know that CP Victoria doesn´t try hard to be a fashionista and wears what feels comfortable,but her gala outfits are usually very glamourous and she has more important things to do than dressing up. Her last outfit and the colourful red dress have been very pretty and flattering.I also like that she doesn´t show off her belly like other pregnant women-it seems more elegant and classy,but I guess this comes down to personal taste.

Wow Victoria has gotten a lot bigger recently. I think her last outfit was fine. The red blouse is pretty.

I totally agree with Rascal's posting, but I can't lie about the fact that I like to see her in some nice clothes every once in a while :ermm: I really cross my fingers for the Nobel Prizes.
Anyway, I also think that she is probably having some difficulties handling her new figure, because before the pregnancy and even in the early stages she had some nice outfits! Every woman experiences pregnancy differently, maybe Victoria is just too exhausted to spend hours taking care about her appearance...

I don't mind her clothes, but I wish she would do something with her hair!
Surely she could find a flattering style, perhaps a layered haircut?
Anything other than that skinned-back look she has now!

They both look great. I don't think her coat is too large at all, judging from the straight-on photos.

I love her look. The scarf is cute, and goes with the whole outfit. Her theme for the day appears to be black and beige, and the scarf reflects that.

They both look so adorable, I love the close up of the two of them.
I agree her coat doesnt fit properly, Daniels does!
Her little jacket with the tied silk blouse and pants looks very nice.

nice look today! but too much dark in my opinion, i know dark colors reflect the fall/winter seasons. but i love white for cold seasons, it reminds me of snow. (the time she when to the united arab emirates she used lots of white clothes, it looked great)

maybe when she gets pregnant of her second child during along Spring/summer, we might get other diferent styles of clothes. isnt the first event she attended when announcing her pregnancy, she used a bright dress? it was summer then. i guess we will have to wait^^

:previous: To be honest I think this is her best look in ages. I'll even give her hair a pass because it's a casual look. Best of all, her trademark megawatt smile is still in evidence! :flowers:

I really don't understand this reliance on "off the rack" clothing in this instance. Maternity clothing is notoriously poorly made and ill fitting, why doesn't she just have a few simple things made for her? Pick out some comfy knits and light wools and have a tailor/seamstress fit some nicely draped dresses/tunics, etc. I can't imagine it would be more expensive or considered extravagant. Is it because they want to promote certain fashion companies?

Crown Princess Victoria prior to an official lunch at the Royal Palace today, November 15,
wearing a black dress. It's a bad shot as to the bulge in the back.

** Full view **

I've tried to give Victoria the benefit of the doubt with her maternity wear. My thought process was that clothes don't always make the person. Victoria is IMO an EXCELLENT Crown Princess for Sweden. So it shouldn't matter what she wears as she continues to be an excellent representative for Sweden in her public engagements.

But seriously....would it hurt to put a little effort into what she is wearing today? Did she just pick up any old thing in the closet? It is possible to look well kept, elegant and dare I say it....HOT while pregnant.

I know she has it in her.

The only interesting part of that outfit is the necklaces.She needs to throw away that outfit!

But my gosh she looks tired!

Very unflattering, once again. I wish she would throw away those chunky boots!

hate the look for this event!!!
i wish she could remenber the clothes she wore at united arab emirates, she must remenber to open her closet and search her lost pieces.

I love the necklace she chose, but it would have been better to choose a different dress. The bulge in the back is making it look even more awkward.

On closer look, I think the 'bulge' is the back of her sleeve as her sleeve is quite wide and loose? If that's the case, I think she looks very good!!!

Last edited:
Is H&M Swedish? Sorry if that sounds terribly stupid. I really like that black coat. Some maternity clothes can be so nice, especially if you get them from the "on trend" shops, such as H&M.

Crown Princess Victoria at the World Child & Youth Forum held at the Royal Palace today.
Maybe I'm the only one but I think those shoes don't work with the rest.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom