Crown Princess Victoria's Maternity Fashion: August 2011 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish she had worn these shoes instead of these ugly chunky ankle boots.

But these were more "evening shoes", and wouldn´t suit at all with the dress today. The boots are fine to me, I use boots with skirts and dresses all the time, as the most women here in Finland.

Yes,these shoes (from 28th sept.) are gorgeous!
I like the purple dress she has worn at the Royal Palace in Stockholm today, October 20, 201...
It may look like a tent but it hides her belly and she seems to feel comfortable in it. Keeping in mind that she is pregnant and may feel unwell or exhausted from time to time she is dressing very well IMO.
What I like about CP Victoria´s style is that she is not afraid of colours and modern,edgy accessoires. As a Crown Princess she should dress moderate and smart instead of trying to be a fashion icon or trendsetter because she is a working royal, not a model :)

But these were more "evening shoes", and would´t suit at all with the dress today. The boots are fine to me, I use boots with skirts and dresses all the time, as the most women here in Finland.
One of the great things about these forums is that you get a cultural insight, as well as a geographical insight into what and why people may be wearing what they do.

Boots must be great for Finland (and probably New Zealand)but not anywhere for some fashionista! :lol:

Victoria looks lovely this time - the dress with application is very nice, I would have chosen different shoes though.

I like the dress. She looked very nice.

Crown Princess Victoria today, October 27, prior to an official lunch, wearing the black maternity dress
she's worn before - seems to be one of her favourite ones so far.

** Pic **

Crown Princess Victoria today, October 27, prior to an official lunch, wearing the black maternity dress
she's worn before - seems to be one of her favourite ones so far.

** Pic **
A little bit boring... it would help to add some even fake jewels....

Dear CP Victoria,
You are smart and interesting and seem to do a great job. You are also married to a former personal trainer so I expect you are in wonderful shape whether or not you are pregnant. Therefore there is no reason to keep wearing tents. If you need advice on how to find clothing that figure-flattering for your new pregnant figure, please call your Scandinavian crown princess friends, I'm sure they can help.

Noticed that ever since she's pregnant, she uses very little or no make-up at all and her hair is always in ponytail. I think she took precaution over the effects of chemicals such as parabens, commonly used in cosmetics as a preservative, and phthalates, used in hairspray, which may lead to birth defects.

I'm going to blame all her horrible maternity fashion choices on what must be incredibly out of control hormones. Otherwise, I can't figure out why as soon as her waistline started expanding, she started dressing like this. I hope as son as the baby is born , her fashion sense goes back to normal. Otherwise, we all may be in for a big letdown...

I think Victoria is looking for comfortability and without having to worry the clothes are showing too much. There are some comments in the Marie of Denmark's fashion thread that she is showing too much (such as outline of her navel etc) in her more figure-hugging pregnant top.

Dear CP Victoria,
You are smart and interesting and seem to do a great job. You are also married to a former personal trainer so I expect you are in wonderful shape whether or not you are pregnant. Therefore there is no reason to keep wearing tents. If you need advice on how to find clothing that figure-flattering for your new pregnant figure, please call your Scandinavian crown princess friends, I'm sure they can help.

Is this a petition? Because I would like to sign it. There is no reason for Victoria to be looking like this, just because you are pregnant doesn't mean you have to dress in such an unflattering way. It also appears she is wearing maternity clothes when she is barely showing, if at all. I think Victoria Beckham, Princess Mary and Princess Marie need to have an intervention.

Maybe Victoria isn't too confident with her body at this stage or in pregnancy therefore chooses what she wears. Not all women are confident about themselves during pregnancy and the weight gain.

I get the impression that Victoria got very big in the bust area, very fast and hasn't worked out how to dress for that. I wish I could help her, but if she isn't due till March, maybe she'll get help.

It´s good that she is taking more care of her baby than her fashion choices,I am sure she will get back in shape after she has given birth to a healthy baby and we´ll see a lot of glamourous,elegant outfits in the future:)

Poor Princess Victoria. She just can't seem to catch a break. She has always been on the losing side when it comes to fashion and her maternity fashion is no different. That begs the question, why on earth did we think that her Maternity Fashion would be any different than her normal fashion?

Did we think the getting pregnant would make her suddenly decide to dedicate herself to ideal of the the body beautiful and wrap it in luscious designer clothing for our delectation? If we were . . . . what were we thinking? The only time that Victoria consistently knocks our socks off fashion wise, is in her gala wear. Her day wear has remained mainly functional for as long as she has been doing solo engagements.

Victoria looks great in a hard hat and looks like she is pretty well informed on those occasions. School and hospital visits are a little more feminine but it is rare she strays from "the dreaded ponytail", except that since her marriage she has treated us to a selection of hair clips and combs.

So, is it a surprise that her maternity wear is at best functional and at worse . . . . what is she wearing? Me, I am hanging out for the Nobel Gala and hoping to be wowed!

Me, I am hanging out for the Nobel Gala and hoping to be wowed!
As do I - hopefully in fabulous dress and maybe new (for her) jewels? :flowers:

Crown Princess Victoria in Västernorrland, November 7, wearing an auburn dress and a blue coat:

** Full view ** Upper part **

coat & dress would be ok but I hate the tights & ankle boots, a very unpolished look.

I think the dress is way too short but the color does look good with the coat.
The tights ruin the whole look of it being the same color as the dress.

The only thing I like here is the color.

I think the dress is way too short but the color does look good with the coat.
The tights ruin the whole look of it being the same color as the dress.
I agree about the tights...shoes aren´t great, but they´d look a little better with dark tights.
I love the color of the dress. The coat is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom