Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 8: August 2018 - December 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how I feel about this dress from Victoria but she looks great nevertheless and I've always loved any and all shades of blue on her.

Great dress for the Water Prize- the fabric looks like sunlight on water.

The fabric is beautiful, looks great on her, and really suits the occasion. Love it.

I don’t think the skirt style is super flattering. But the rest is just beautiful.

The fabric is beautiful, and I like the top part of it a lot, the skirt, not so much. And I do not like those shoes with the pattern on the dress at all, there are too many lines going in different directions.

The color is excellent on her, however.

That is a stunning gown and a perfect choice for the Junior Water Prize. It is from Victoria's favourite Maxjenny! (she wore Maxjenny's dress at this event also last year. The dress brings the sea and water to your mind. The shoes are fun, and perfect to this event with so much young people. And Victoria's hairdo is wonderful, as always.
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=ec79e07216997ade6fa05d2fd9de13ff&oe=5DC946E9

Maxjenny tells at her Instagram that the water at Victoria's dress is a picture of the Baltic Sea, outside her childhood home in Skåne/Österlen.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1shl-xJTXc/?hl=fi

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful color and pattern. Stunning from the waist up :flowers:

But the skirt is not flattering at all. Makes her look much wider then she is. Bell shape going to her.

Not the most flattering style on the bottom, but the fabric is stunning and very appropriate for the event. I love her shoes (just not together with the pattern of the fabric) and her earrings.

What a beautiful dress and it looks wonderful on Victoria. The color is gorgeous.

I never like her hair. I just think that skinned-back look is aging and wouldn't flatter anyone.
The blue dress is nicer than that mustard one.

I never like her hair. I just think that skinned-back look is aging and wouldn't flatter anyone.
The blue dress is nicer than that mustard one.

I think Victoria keeps that style because it is tidy and businesslike. She certainly looks lovelier with her hair tumbling about her face and shoulders, but it doesn’t look serious, just glamorous.

Great dress for the Water Prize- the fabric looks like sunlight on water.
Exactly! I love it and was looking for a way to describe the fabric and you nailed it.

This is an original and stunning ensemble from Victoria, the style of the dress is quite unique with its beautiful soft curving lines. The beautifully curved, almost bateau neckline, the shoulder seam ending in two curved caplets, the curve of the seam from bust to shoulder. All of these elements are totally in sync with the curving, wave-like, lines of the fabric. All come together in total harmony.

Her accessories are, as usual, pure Victoria with a pair of stunning vintage earrings which are showcased beautifully by both her updo and the neckline of the dress. The shoes, however, I could have lived without seeing as there is a gladiatorial look about them.

What a lovely dress. I love the pattern.

:previous: I find the dress terrible. Awful print.

It is actually 2 separate pieces from Maria Westerlind exclusive to MQ. The Angela disco blouse and the Ariana disco skirt. They will be available for sale in
Her shoes are Stinaa.J and her earrings are the green ones we saw back in 2009 in connection to her engagement. (and then later saw again earlier this year)

Royal Family Attends Parliament Opening Concert — The Royals and I

It is actually 2 separate pieces from Maria Westerlind exclusive to MQ. The Angela disco blouse and the Ariana disco skirt. They will be available for sale in
Her shoes are Stinaa.J and her earrings are the green ones we saw back in 2009 in connection to her engagement. (and then later saw again earlier this year)

Royal Family Attends Parliament Opening Concert — The Royals and I

Maria Westerlind at her Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2RJe0YCUKM/

Not a bad day for Victoria, but compared to her mother and sister-in-law, not that exciting. Personally, I'm sick of those headbands of hers, and would have preffered a real hat. The evening outfit is nice, but that's it.

Victoria at a dinner at the Swedish Embassy in Copenhagen this evening, September 17:

** Full view ** With a coat ** With a coat **

What a gorgeous dress! Victoria looks fantastic in it, and the earrings are just the right choice with this dress. The dress has so much embroidery that simple earrings crown the look.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Hairdo
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Victoria's dress is Amalfi dress from danish By Malene Birger.
Amalfi dress - Buy Dresses online

So, so far two dresses from swedish fashion houses and one from danish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont like the puffy sleeves on top but its a gorgeous dress

While I don't care for the Amalfi dress, it does look slightly better from a distance. For my taste, I find the embroidery to be somewhat garish up close. I can see that I am going to have some major problems with fashion for the foreseeable future because I really hate the puffy sleeves that are popping up everywhere. On the other hand, I love her coat.

Last edited:
If this is the best advert that can be done for the swedish and danish fashion houses, then that is quite sad. 805,00 € for something this ugly and unflattering! I really hope she can return it! Ugly fabric,garish embroidery, washed out color, big puffy sleeves that make upper body look big and heavy, neckline that looks like its choking the wearer. Sorry but I fail to see how someone can be fantastic in it!

If this is the best advert that can be done for the swedish and danish fashion houses, then that is quite sad. 805,00 € for something this ugly and unflattering! I really hope she can return it! Ugly fabric,garish embroidery, washed out color, big puffy sleeves that make upper body look big and heavy, neckline that looks like its choking the wearer. Sorry but I fail to see how someone can be fantastic in it!
I agree with your description

Again with the puffy sleeves, and these are worse then the day time ones. Between the shoulders and the neckline, she looks like she is in football padding or something. Not a flattering look at all.

I dont mind the bottom and even the embroidery but top part ruins it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom