Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 7: March 2017 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 7 of the thread for Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 6: November 2014 - March 2017 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I have never been fond of Victoria's green dress, its a lovely shade of green but it seems too glittery, a bit too much especially if matching it with a tiara and jewels.

I don't like that green dress either. I don't know, but it doesn't look great on her, especially with the Laurel tiara...

I agree , the dress doesn't do much for her , I feel its too shiny ,

Strange dress but i like the flower on the shoulder. As always Victorias greatest accessory is her lovely, radiant smile. Then again who wouldnt be smiling when youre with the fab Princess Takamado.

Good to see Victoria recycling this great Fadi El Khoury dress again. I have always liked it.

I love that dress. I love the color and it's an overall regal dress.

Crown Princess Victoria's dress is all right. Princess Takamado's kimono is lovely.

Very classy dress! I agree that Princess Takamado's kimono is lovely.

I like the dress! It has a unusual design, but it works well on Victoria!

Crown Princess Victoria this evening in Tokyo, wearing a cocktail dress with a flower on one shoulder:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

It's very pretty from the side! The hem though... I need to see another pic with the hem because in this photo it does not meet expectations. Sometimes that has to do with lighting.

Lovely look. I wasn't a fan of the flower first few looks, but it's grown on me. It adds some wow to an otherwise simple dress.

As lovely as she looks Takamodo in her beautiful kimono steals the show.

Victoria has worn this dress both with the flower and without the flower. She wore it for the first time at the opening of the Stockholm Fashion Week in August 2012 (with the flower), then at the wedding of Guillaume and Stephanie (without) and last September at a reception in New York when she attended at UN General Assembly (without).
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

And this time she wore it with the flower again.

Victoria has worn this dress both with the flower and without the flower. She wore it for the first time at the opening of the Stockholm Fashion Week in August 2012 (with the flower), then at the wedding of Guillaume and Stephanie (without) and last September at a reception in New York when she attended at UN General Assembly (without).

And this time she wore it with the flower again.

Looks great either way. The flower adds needed interest when the dress is worn plain as it was today. at the wedding she has a beautiful coat over it, which had intricate detail, so the big flower wasn't needed. The dress worn without the flower with a basic shall like she has with it tonight, would be nothing special.

Last edited:
I like the dress very much, but I think in combination with the shawl it washes her out. Not a fan of the flower at all.

I agree with you Duke marmalade , the combination does wash her out !
but I love the dress with the Jacket !

Gorgeous dress & earrings! I would have liked her to wear a dressier shoe with it, but she looks great! Very pretty & polished.

A stunning dress. I love the details.

That is one of the most elegant and flattering short evening dresses I have seen her wear for a while. The pared down styling of this sheath dress relies on the cut and fit and the woven yoke of pale gold and white for effect. The same weave could have been used on the cuffs but it would have been too much.

Conversely, the same weave as the cuffs could have been used on the yoke. Having said that, the open weave at the at the yoke would not have been appropriate for the Japanese Banquet and would also render the gown bland and not a little bit boring. Somehow the balance of the yoke and cuffs is very soft and serenely balanced. Strangely, I find her hair works very well with the dress.

Last edited:
Very pretty white dress with what look like gold accents in the weaved parts. I would have worn lower heels to be more in line with my hosts

That is one of the most elegant and flattering short evening dresses I have seen her wear for a while. The pared down styling of this sheath dress relies on the cut and fit and the woven yoke of pale gold and white for effect. The open weave on the sleeves is also very nice and to be honest while it could have been used on the yoke, the weave on the yoke at the cuffs would have been too much.

Having said that, the open weave at the at the yoke would not have been appropriate for the Japanese Banquet and would also render the gown bland and not a little bit boring. Strangely, I find her hair works very well with the dress.

It's not an open weave. If you look closely it is gold thread entwined with the white. She isn't showing even a hint of skin.

The dress is quite beautiful, the sheath style fits her body. And the weave detail adds a beautiful interest to it.

Last edited:
That dress per se is not my cup of tea but it makes Victoria shines. I think the accesssories are the pieces that make the difference as the give a more subdue shade to the white.

That is one of the most elegant and flattering short evening dresses I have seen her wear for a while. The pared down styling of this sheath dress relies on the cut and fit and the woven yoke of pale gold and white for effect. The same weave could have been used on the cuffs but it would have been too much.

Conversely, the same weave as the cuffs could have been used on the yoke. Having said that, the open weave at the at the yoke would not have been appropriate for the Japanese Banquet and would also render the gown bland and not a little bit boring. Somehow the balance of the yoke and cuffs is very soft and serenely balanced. Strangely, I find her hair works very well with the dress.

It's not an open weave. If you look closely it is gold thread entwined with the white. She isn't showing even a hint of skin.

The dress is quite beautiful, The sheath style fits her body. And the weave detail adds a beautiful interest to it.
I agree. On re-reading my post it seems that having mentioned the pale gold and white weave of the yoke I lost the plot and mixed my yokes and cuffs . . . :doh: I have corrected the post.:blush:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom