Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 7: March 2017 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised by how much I love this dress, as well! The fabric is a little shiny but not too much, it fits her perfectly and the shape and silhouette are gorgeous. She's also kept her hair, shoes and accessories simple which makes a big difference.

I just think Victoria should change her footwear. She wears those high heeled pumps, red, black, many of them shiny and they just somehow don't suit her feet or legs, imo. Maybe it is the brand she is using or else the style just isn't for her.

I love the cut of the dress. Beautiful and flattering. Color is wonderful. :flowers:

But I find it way too busy. The print and shiny material too much. The print is a good idea and would be interesting, but not in this shiny fabric. Pr the shiny colourful fabric without print. But not both. I'd prefer print and not shiny.

Sadly I haven't liked the evening looks on either lady both nights. :sad:

First there were swans and then there were houses...I don't know why but those fabrics remind me too much of a furniture and curtain fabrics!
Victoria has done some heavy shopping and we've seen lots of new outfits in this spring but her hairstyle has stayed the same..the same severely slicked down hairstyle for both day and evening events :sad: It would be great to see something else for a change! But somehow I doubt it.

Last edited:
This dress is simply awful.

I agree, her hairstyles are the same, nothing new for daytime or evening.

I love the printed dress. Very pretty dress

What I can see of it, dress is quite beautiful. Would be happy to see again :flowers:

I like the softer bun look and earrings. Overall great look :)

I wish we could have better photos where we could see the dress properly on Victoria, but judging by the model I think the dress is beautiful. I love the colour.

One of Victoria's best looks ever. Simple but at the same time interesting dress. And that brooch at her hair (which is seen at the second photo) is once again a great addition to her outfit. Her hair is down but because it is in the back, it doesn't disturb the look.
https://media.shootitlive.com/N5cPGV8UMaI8lg8yOCP1izPCXR7/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/6354
https://media.shootitlive.com/7blqWe5tSnxKLnC0Z4lks1moi8l/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/6354
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Swedish+Royals+Attend+Polar+Music+Prize+ysyXu7ENf4vx.jpg

Last edited:
For once I actually like her hair, it doesn't look so severe this way and it makes her look younger. Fresher. It's something different from the omnipresent bun or ponytail.
I only think her eyes are a bit heavy, but that's a minor thing.

Don't know about the dress, not yet convinced. But her hair looks great!

I really don't like this. Strange dress, and grey really isn't her best colour. (Is it anyones best colour?). But I like her hair - it's a little softer than usual.

I really like this! Very different look for Victoria and it works.

Victoria dress is designed by swedish designer Diana Orving (b. 1985). It was especially designer for her, tells Ulrika Nilsson, who works for Diana Orving. Diana Orving was awarded this year as The Designer of the Year at the Elle Gala in Sweden.
Victoria i Diana Orving _ Kungliga modebloggen

It's great that Victoria has worn so much swedish designs lately, and by new designers for her: Diana Orving, Jennifer Blom, Camilla Thulin ...

Last edited:
The dress is just not my cup of tea. It looks like the designer crumpled stiff, shiny fabric and sewed it together to form a dress, accidentaly cut the hem uneven and just thought "well, it will all pass as fashionable for the clueless". In addition the dress widens her hip. However, her hair is really nice and softens her overall look a lot.

Looks like she's wearing a garbage bag made out of tinfoil by far the worst dressed tonight
Sad that Victoria's looks are very often misses given that she has the means to look great, the hair is nice though today

This dress is bloody awful. I don't even know who is the actual worst dressed now: Madeleine or Victoria. I guess Victoria because Madeleine has individually nice pieces on, that look horrible together

Sorry but that is horrible...please let someone spill something on it and ruin it.

And I thought Maddie's top was bad....

LaRae

I think the dress and her whole look are stunning!

This could have been very pretty dress because this style looks quite lovely and shows off Victoria's well-shaped body, BUT that fabric looks really horrible and cheap! It looks like this dress was made of wrinkled & too often-used tinfoil. Also don't like the hem of this dress and sadly it allows to see those ugly shoes!
For once her hair were left down and not pulled into her usual tight bun. Alas from the front its still the same-old-slicked-down hairstyle.

Last edited:
personally, I don't like the look. I hate the dress. But on the flip side, I do like the dress and hair because it's out of the ordinary for the Princess and she looks good in it. my favorite look for her, No, but with that being said, she looks great. Healthy, young, happy. She is showing more confidence in the way she dresses lately, and it's working for her.

Wasn't impressed with her hair..it's just another variation of "slicked" back off her head ...when she wears it loose or with some sort of layer or fringe I'll be impressed.

LaRae

Looks like she's wearing a garbage bag made out of tinfoil by far the worst dressed tonight
Sad that Victoria's looks are very often misses given that she has the means to look great, the hair is nice though today

You put words on my thoughts!

Unusual for her but on second thought quite nice

I like it....kind of edgy and a different look for her. And I LOVE her hair not being in a bun for once!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom