The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2017, 11:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful! I even the like the collar.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Courtier

Svenskdam tells Victoria's dress was from Jennifer Blum. I really like its light blue color and it goes so well with the aquamarine tiara. I also think the collar looks a little off/odd and her boobs looked huge but its a lovely and different, surprisingly girly dress style from Victoria.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Except the collar, a beautiful appearance. A boring crew neck would be better.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:49 AM
Aristocracy

What a horrible dress.. Maybe her worst nobel dress ever.. she really need a new stylist ..
Old 12-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

Beautiful dress. Great color in her. She needs to ditch the helmet hairdo ... she needs something much softer.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I don't know how i feel about this dress. I thought I liked it, but on closer inspection I don't like high neck and the dress itself looks like crepe paper. Her hair is too tight for me, but the colour on the dress is lovely.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Majesty

Victoria looks beautiful and elegant

I love the color of the dress. And the beautiful style, the flowy feminine style of it. It goes great with the kokoshnik tiara which is a huge surprise to me on her. I was expecting the fringe on her.

The only thing I hate is the collar. Reminds me of a clown.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

At this photo we can see Victoria's shoes, because of going down the stairs, she hasn't chosen very high heels.
https://media.shootitlive.com/OYJQyC...expressen/2938

Cia Jansson, the editor-in-chief of Elle Sweden, was fascinated about Victoria's dress. She said that Victoria wore a magical creation by Jennifer Blom, a new swedish designer. Jansson said that there are over 2500 pleats made by hand, pleats of different forms, and the way the dress falls made her think about a waterfall.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

I really dislike the gown. The color is beautiful but the style is awful and not flattering. One of her worst looks. Quite a disappointing gown.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Victoria looks beautiful and elegant

I love the color of the dress. And the beautiful style, the flowy feminine style of it. It goes great with the kokoshnik tiara which is a huge surprise to me on her. I was expecting the fringe on her.

The only thing I hate is the collar. Reminds me of a clown.
All of this.

Her make-up looks so pretty, and I love her purse. Not really a fan of matchy-match shoes with evening gowns, but that is a small thing. Her hair would look nicer with a softer style, but I suspect the severe style was chosen so as not to take attention away from the collar, but all that needs to be said about the collar has been said
Old 12-10-2017, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Terrible neckline ruins the gown and the over all look tonight,nice colour on the Crown Princess.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The dress is a risk but for me it works. Great colour and choice of tiara, Victoria is such a beautiful woman. https://media.shootitlive.com/ZOnuIJ...tonbladet/7009
Old 12-10-2017, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hell no, the collar is a big fat no for me.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm not sure whether I like or dislike Victoria's gown. The colour is beautiful, but the material is messy.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-10-2017, 04:34 PM
Majesty

Stunning. I love that Victoria isn't afraid to push the edge of the envelope fashion-wise every once in a while. I couldn't make my mind up whether I loved it or hated it. But seeing the shot of her coming down the stairs, the way the dress fell, it loved it.

Her tiara and makeup were lovely and the gown was a picture of romance. All those fine pleats made it look very feminine but not fussy like lace and ruffles would. I wasn't sure about the neckline but seeing her standing and walking I really like the way the dress moved. It really is a beautiful gown and, if the designer is new, she just gave him a terrific boost that money can't buy.

It looked like she didn't want the shoes to be a statement so went matchy, which is fine. But she also pulled a fast one by wearing lower heels which was a really smart move when you think about it. She dresses and walks into the auditorium and sits for the ceremony then she walks to the banquet hall and sits again. Sitting for that length of time can make the feet swell so when you stand up your feet feel funny and a little wobbly, even when wearing well broken in shoes. Lower heels make it easier to stand and walk around.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Majesty

It fits in the trend. We see Máxima, Mary, Victoria with more and more experimental materials, silhouettes and prints.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some additional pictures

The Swedish Royal Family attends the Nobel Prize Banquet 2017 at City Hall in Stockholm

(..)
I think Victoria looks fab. And the dress is a masterpiece.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-10-2017, 07:21 PM
Nobility

I'm just gonna say it and run: I don't like this gown.

The colour is lovely, and I generally love a big gown. But I HATE the neckline, and the material of the dress looks cheap (to my unprofessional eyes).
Old 12-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post
I'm just gonna say it and run: I don't like this gown.

The colour is lovely, and I generally love a big gown. But I HATE the neckline, and the material of the dress looks cheap (to my unprofessional eyes).
No need to run Carina!

I really want to like the dress, but I just can't. I don't think the colour suits Victoria at all and the material makes the dress look cheap. I won't get started on the neckline/collar...

It's a shame, because CP Victoria usually knocks all out of the park when it comes to the Nobels. Just not getting the vibe from her this year
Old 12-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Loving every aspect of this dress, even the collar which is pure fun!

A bit OT: Third picture reminds me of the kind of flowy gown I think would be great for Meghan (though the prototype for me is Mette-Marit's gown). Someone mentioned a waterfall, that's what I envisage when a gown like this flows across the steps of St George's.