Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 7: March 2017 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful red velvet(?) gown! and she put her hair down, I am happy.

Beautiful dress, but not sure about her hair

I love the hairstyle, finally something else than the usual bun.

Stunning and must magnificent today, that is one really becoming color on her and she should wear that color more often. I love the style and the way it fit from what I can see, and her hair, WOW, down and so pretty and such a nice change. She looks so happy and content with her life, in love works wonders and she is still that way after all these years.

Perfect appearance for a winter night!!

I love a good velvet gown, and she's always fantasic in red.

The hair, hmmm, better than a big fake bun, but still not top-notch

LOVE the red velvet dress! She looks wonderful in it! Very reminiscent of CP Mary's New Year's Gala red velvet dress.

I don't like the hair at all - looks like a last-minute decision TBH

I love the hairstyle, finally something else than the usual bun.

I totally agree, plus that I think that almost always present bun makes her look like a spinster. And she doesn't need that, she's only 40.

This is a refreshing change

That shade of red looks gorgeous on brunettes. She should wear rich colors more often. And partly updo was such a nice change to her usual tight buns! Loved that huge brooch on her hair. She looked very lovely. Only thing that was off for me were her brows. Something was bothering me about them. Perhaps they were too painted or dark.

Not a fan of her look tonight either.

LaRae

Last edited:
It would be better if the dress were longer, covering the stockings and the shoes. Both Catherine and Victoria were misses tonight. I blame on the stress of a first formal, one-to-one meeting between the Cambridges and the Swedish Crown Prince couple.

Stress? For whom? The Cambridges, who met dignitaries and heads of state from around the world on a reguilar basis, or the Swedish Crown Prince couple who play a major role in the Swedish monarchy?

It is great that with the dress code black tie, the ladies can wear also shorter dresses. The dress has an interesting design. I like that Victoria once again chose a dress with more edge, and I like the black tights with it. She could have another pair of shoes though.
The dress is from swedish brand Stylein. It comes to the shops in the autumn.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BelaHzAlctf/?taken-by=worldofstylein

Last edited:
I don't mind the length or color. The asymmetrical sleeves and T-strap shoes are making me twitch.

I really like the dress but wish she wouldn’t have worn the tights as it distracts from the detail on the shoes.

Not a great outfit tonight but the shoes are awful and let it overall look down.

Are Victoria’s massive earrings ‘real’?

(..) Victoria is alright. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Both women didn't wear good outfits tonight, but atleast she wore the least horrible one.

It would be better if the dress were longer, covering the stockings and the shoes. Both Catherine and Victoria were misses tonight. I blame it on the stress of a first formal, one-to-one meeting between the Cambridges and the Swedish Crown Prince couple.

See, and I have convinced myself that they chatted before the visit and agreed to each wear something that they had, that might work and might not. That both would push their safe fashion boundaries a bit. But either way, they would be there for one another. Or give one another cover, as the case might be. We all have something in the closet that seemed such a good idea when me made the choice.

That's MY STORY and I am sticking to it.

Agree nasty dress with questionable shoes.. I rarely dislike Victoria's choice .. but this time ...:ohmy:

I find the dress awful and an awkward design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom