The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-30-2016, 09:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Elie Saab dresses look always wonderful on Victoria, and so does this. Yes, maybe a brighter colour would have been a little better. But I don't think that she looks washed out, she has so strong colours herself. And this evening Victoria and Madeleine had clearly decided that it was the evening of their parents and their mother would be the royal lady with a more prominent dress.
The dress has a great cut which flatters Victoria's great figure. And her good posture and nice hairdo are a plus to the total look.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Now this photograph presents the dress so well. From the first photographs I thought the whole presentation was not so nice. But now I see a different picture and dress, makeup and hair are all lovely.

Old 04-30-2016, 10:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Elie Saab dresses look always wonderful on Victoria, and so does this. Yes, maybe a brighter colour would have been a little better. But I don't think that she looks washed out, she has so strong colours herself. And this evening Victoria and Madeleine had clearly decided that it was the evening of their parents and their mother would be the royal lady with a more prominent dress.
The dress has a great cut which flatters Victoria's great figure. And her good posture and nice hairdo are a plus to the total look.
I think you nailed it. Both dresses are gorgeously understated and it makes sense that Victoria and Madeleine would not want to be the belles of the ball so to speak. They'll leave that to the Nobels.

In the event, Victoria was definitely sporting a demure, albeit gorgeous, Ellie Saab gown that is definitely not her usual more damatic style. Nevertheless she really rocked it.

Old 05-01-2016, 05:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

More photos of Victoria's dress and also of her gorgeous hairdo. I love the sleeves and the contrast between Victoria's modern dress in the morning and this romantic dress in the evening.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Victoria tonight:

This gown is lovely but I was expecting more from her.
Don't like the gown, reminds me of the net curtains too much. I was expecting something of colour.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Just beautiful, she looks great in Elie Saab and has the figure for it. Great see through parts, lovely color, great hair and the tiara just goes perfectly with the gown.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Just beautiful, she looks great in Elie Saab and has the figure for it. Great see through parts, lovely color, great hair and the tiara just goes perfectly with the gown.
I really like and especially enjoy the fact that she has tried something new and modern. Might not be everyone's taste but she looked happy and content. What I guess we all want to achieve in life.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
More photos of Victoria's dress and also of her gorgeous hairdo. I love the sleeves and the contrast between Victoria's modern dress in the morning and this romantic dress in the evening.
Love it!
Old 05-08-2016, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I thought this looked aged her a bit. This gown did nothing for her IMO.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:37 PM
Majesty

September 16:

1 2

I would have loved this dress if not for the high neckline. The rest is beautiful.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
September 16:

1 2

I would have loved this dress if not for the high neckline. The rest is beautiful.
I prefer it with the belt than the plain way she wore it in 2011. But I still don't like the dress.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Victoria today for me is just WOW!!!!
Old 09-16-2016, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks fine, but the dress is a bit unflattering on the belly. I think it is the belt that makes that effect.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria looks gorgeous this evening. The dress is simple and beautiful, and Victoria's wonderful hairdo with jewelry and that belt make it look even better. And I love the high neckline.
http://imageupper.com/s09/1/6/K14740522559754_1.jpg
http://s09.imageupper.com/1/5/Q1474050349978442_21.jpg

The dress is very similar to the Ann-Sofie Back dress Victoria wore at Polar Music Prize in August 2011 and in November 2011 when she was pregnant with Estelle:
Old 09-16-2016, 04:20 PM
Courtier

Simple and elegant. For me, the clear style winner of this evening.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Victoria looks gorgeous this evening. The dress is simple and beautiful, and Victoria's wonderful hairdo with jewelry and that belt make it look even better. And I love the high neckline.
http://s09.imageupper.com/1/5/Q1474050349978442_21.jpg

The dress is very similar to the Ann-Sofie Back dress Victoria wore at Polar Music Prize in August 2011 and in November 2011 when she was pregnant with Estelle:
It's the same dress. She might have worn a different dress underneath the overlay at the Polar Music Prize (the cut looks different in the chest), but the overlay is certainly the same.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

is it just me, or lighting. Tonight looks black while the polar was definitely blue. It wouldn't be the first time she had a dress in two colours.

I actually quite like the dress. I don't find the neck high, and I have an aversion to high necks, make me itch. But I am not a fan of the belt on it. But her hair and accessories look lovely
Old 09-16-2016, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Meh it's ok...nothing interesting and I don't think it really flatters her.

LaRae
Old 09-16-2016, 07:32 PM
Majesty

I actually prefer this dress with a belt and, it looks as though it was designed to be waisted but Victoria left the belt off when pregnant. The slightly raised waist effect us very forgiving for a new mother. But I far prefer the new belt to the original design. The sparkling jewelled effect is far more flattering and elegant.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hdB0THL5v...S-S%2B2012.jpg

Victoria looks fabulous from tip to toe, her updo is sleek and chic, the addition of the sparkling hair ornament, earrings and belt providing the necessary bling to lift the gown from meh to wonderfully elegant.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Agree Marg, while not a huge fan of the silver, the belt looks much better than the original on the model. And the silver does pair well with the accessories.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
is it just me, or lighting. Tonight looks black while the polar was definitely blue. It wouldn't be the first time she had a dress in two colours.

I actually quite like the dress. I don't find the neck high, and I have an aversion to high necks, make me itch. But I am not a fan of the belt on it. But her hair and accessories look lovely
there's a couple of photos where the lighting makes it look blue, so it's possible it's just darker inside the room. The Polar Music Prize was outside so it had the sun on it.

Tags
princess victoria, princess victoria dresses, princess victorias eveningwear, princess victorias style