The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-12-2015, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I thought the dress was boring and a dull color, there is nothing special about the dress. Nevertheless, Victoria's hairdo and make up was nice.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I thought the dress was boring and a dull color, there is nothing special about the dress. Nevertheless, Victoria's hairdo and make up was nice.
I think the "dull" colour is prettier in real life. Plus, both Madeleine and Victoria had white and silver at each others night-before-wedding dinners plus Madeleine in a white-ish dress today. I think they do it on purpose to be neutral and let the spotlight be on the bride.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I don't hate it but also don't particularly love it... it is a bit meh... and it does her no favour...
I kind off want to love this, but there is something that makes me feel meh. I think we have seen this before, so many times and the colour is quite boring and dull. But I guess it's nice dress otherwise and smashing outfit overall with the hair.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Really took my breath away. Nice twenties vibe to it. She can wear such fabrics with her fit figure. Love her hairdo
Old 06-12-2015, 10:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Tonight Victoria is wearing Jenny Packham. Swedish Royal Clothing ID's: Pre Wedding Dinner
Tip-top! A very nice dress. Though I find that if I were to choose I would choose the white version on the model. It's a seriously nice dress. Really fine.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Victoria made a little faux-pas during the diner on the eve of the wedding. She wore (a big, clunky) horloge with the rest of her outfits. Ladies are supposed not to wear horloges for evening events.

Look at all the other ladies: Sofia, the Queen, the Princesses, the Hellqvist family, the foreign guests, none of them sported horloges with their evening gowns.

Some of them, especially Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Princess Ursula von Bayern wore sparkling bracelets (I think the one by Princess Ursula was with a horloge hidden in the bracelet). So Princess Victoria looked great, minus the horloge... It surprised me because Princes Victoria usually has eye for detail.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
I kind off want to love this, but there is something that makes me feel meh. I think we have seen this before, so many times and the colour is quite boring and dull. But I guess it's nice dress otherwise and smashing outfit overall with the hair.
I agree... The shape and dress itself is pretty but that pattern has already been seen and the color is boring
Old 06-13-2015, 09:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Crown Princess Victoria made a little faux-pas during the diner on the eve of the wedding. She wore (a big, clunky) horloge with the rest of her outfits. Ladies are supposed not to wear horloges for evening events.

Look at all the other ladies: Sofia, the Queen, the Princesses, the Hellqvist family, the foreign guests, none of them sported horloges with their evening gowns.

Some of them, especially Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Princess Ursula von Bayern wore sparkling bracelets (I think the one by Princess Ursula was with a horloge hidden in the bracelet). So Princess Victoria looked great, minus the horloge... It surprised me because Princes Victoria usually has eye for detail.
Are you saying that ladies are not supposed to wear a watch with eveningwear, let alone a large watch.

I know in these days of cellphones that is what most use for telling the time but, to be honest, I can't say that I have seen Victoria waving one of those around either.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:03 AM
Courtier

Etiquette has always been not to wear a watch, to avoid giving the impression that one needs to know the time because one has an appointment elsewhere, or is finding time dragging and would prefer to be somewhere else.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
This one of Victoria's best looks ever, the Jenny Packham dresses really suit her. It is regal and she looks marvellous in it. And great thing is that she didn't ruin the look with too much jewellery. Good hairdo crowns the look.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...8noATGeclx.jpg
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Dislike the dress.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:21 AM
Majesty

i like her dress at the wedding
it fekt light and not so heavy
Old 08-21-2015, 02:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria this evening at Radio Sweden's 90th anniversary celebrations in Berwaldhallen. She looks just gorgeous in this fantastic skirt from Baum und Pferdgarten. The top suits well with the dress and her shoes are fantastic
http://media.shootitlive.com/WsNUR48...expressen/2006
http://media.shootitlive.com/3IOvQRP...expressen/2006
http://media.shootitlive.com/YjskQ3A...expressen/2006
When I saw this skirt last week in Svensk Damtidning's fashion section, I thought right away that it would look gorgeous on Victoria.
SASHENKA , Silver Flower | www.baumundpferdgarten.com @trimit
Old 08-21-2015, 02:49 PM
Majesty

I love the look. She looks very elegant and regal. The skirt is especially lovely.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:28 PM
Courtier

I loved the Jenny Pecham dress, even if it was very reminscent of one The Duchess of Cambridge wore. I believe she did not wear white as a courtesy to the bride and I on the whole like her style but that is only my opinion. I love the way she and her husband look happy together most of all.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I love the blouse. The skirt is pretty but has a very odd length that makes it look matronly.
The shoes are ugly.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I like only the blouse. The rest don't flattering.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I like only the blouse. The rest don't flattering.
I love the skirt and dislike the blouse. I am not a fan of black. I don't recall CPV wearing black a lot!
Old 08-22-2015, 04:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess maggie i take the blouse and you the skirt. But what happen with shoes?
Old 08-22-2015, 08:46 AM
Courtier

I think she looks fabulous - love the skirt.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:06 AM
Heir Apparent

I would not wear that ensemble, but it looked particularly good on Victoria... I noticed that she often wear that knd of shape and style of skirts when attendind evening events!

Tags
princess victoria, princess victoria dresses, princess victorias eveningwear, princess victorias style