Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mette-Marit at an official dinner for the Norwegian Olympians and Paralympians in Tokyo this evening:

** Pic **
thank you Ice flower for posting this, lovely colour on the Princess, can comment to much about the dress due to not seeing the whole thing, but good to see her looking so well.

CP Mette-Maria, looks very pretty tonight. She always wears the dainty tiaras. I know they are a lot lighter to wear. I do not think, even when Queen, she would wear the larger tiaras in the vault. It is not her style. I am glad she is feeling well and is attending so many functions.

CP Mette-Maria, looks very pretty tonight. She always wears the dainty tiaras. I know they are a lot lighter to wear. I do not think, even when Queen, she would wear the larger tiaras in the vault. It is not her style. I am glad she is feeling well and is attending so many functions.

The tiara's she wears is driven by what she has access to. Unlike Camilla, M-M really does not have any large tiaras to wear.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit looking great at the 75th anniversary celebration of The Oslo School of Architecture and Design at Oslo Town Hall this evening, November 12:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

Last edited:
I love it - especially the floral embroidery on the upper part of the bodice!

I agree, the embroidery is what, IMO, makes the dress special. Hope M-M chooses to use the dress a few more times.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit looking great at the 75th anniversary celebration of The Oslo School of Architecture and Design at Oslo Town Hall this evening, November 12:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **
She looks amazing here! I love the soft curls in her hair and the hold skirt adds the perfect bit of shimmer and sparkle to the outfit!

This one's a winner!!!

Crown Princess Mette-Marit at a banquet at Skaugum in collaboration with the Norwegian National Support Group after 22 July this evening:

** Full view **

Last edited:
Haakon told at the reception that Mette-Marit had found the outfit for the reception at Norra Latin in Stockholm on Ebay. In a speech, Haakon told:
... And then you had Ebba von Eckermann!
It is not certain that everyone knows her so well, but one of my wife's great heroines is the weaver and fashion designer, Countess Ebba von Eckermann, who died in 2018, 96 years old. The Crown Princess is wearing a dress by her tonight - as a tribute to the weaving countess. She ran a large textile company in Ripsa in Nyköping, and was discovered by the fashion houses in both Paris and New York. At the height, in the mid-50s, she accounted for 10 percent of Sweden's total textile exports.
Skrøt av kronprinsessens svenske kjole – Siste nytt –*NRK

Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the official dinner for the Norwegian Olympians and Paralympians in Beijing this evening, May 12:

** Full view **

She looks like she escaped from the “Little house on the Fjord” cast. Just no.

I usually like MM's style, but this dress is just no.

I've always loved her in pink but this dress is so dowdy. It's a big no

The colour is nice but the design of the dress no.

I agree especially since Mary looked so great in her outfit. Seemed the comparison was just too noticeable. JMO

I don't know what to think of that dress. She has worn better.

The pink color is pretty on CP. The little tie/bow at the neckline could be removed and the dress would look a lot better. No matter CP Mette Marit is beautiful and happy in the picture.

Don't scare me like that! MM's LHOTP gowns are a legend, and this is actually a quite nice dress.

For example:

http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:130248102:1800x650:w?v=59e8859b&m=bkfapchk

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...00000578-5818463-image-m-65_1528401064913.jpg

And then there are just the :eek:

https://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:143092936:1800x650:w?v=5beec82b&m=bnldijfn

ps: the polkadots were an accident

She simply loves chemises de nuit, I think. (Nightgowns).

Seems like most of these young Royal ladies dress from moms closet… Just say no IA! Keep your junior business suits and leave the ruffly polka dotted frumpers to Your ma please.

The pink color is pretty on CP. The little tie/bow at the neckline could be removed and the dress would look a lot better. No matter CP Mette Marit is beautiful and happy in the picture.

I agree with you , lovely pink on her, but remove the bow on the neckline.

The Crown Princess is looking lovely this evening in a bright yellow dress.

I find that gown frumpy with that high neck and so closed up.

Sorry .... JMHO, but that is one of the worst gowns I've seen MM ever wear. Frumpy! BTW, she needs better fitting undergarments.

Back
Top Bottom