Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 5: April 2013 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she is such a lovely looking woman , she is lucky there , but the dress does nothing for her , which is a shame , because when she gets it right she is amazing looking . .......... but she does look happy.

Her dresses is horrible and it doesn't suit har at all!:bang:

I thought hers was not a very appropriate dress for such an occasion. I think an inauguration deserves a more formal dress.

But it seems like a nice dress. It would probably have worked for me in another situation

I think that her shape is changing, like many women's as they get older and she hasn't figured out how to dress for that shape yet. What she needs is to get a stylist to help her out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mette marit knows how to dress she has looked wonderful at events. I don't know what is wrong maybe she is just over getting dressed up.

I say 'Poor Mette-Marit'

She loves her husband, who happens to be a Crown Prince and she is willing to do her part and participate in public appearances which involve dressing up, but this need for fancy-ness doesn't sit well with MM's natural modestness and reservedness...So when choosing attire for occassions like this I think she errs on the side of conservativeness and economy (perhaps) and chooses the less showy and less costly option and this is the result...

We can't change MM's natural personality and we can't make her wear something she is not comfortable in...but we just have to look at how happy she is and how happy her husband is with her to realise, it really doesn't matter :)
Crown Princess Mette-Marit does not mind attending fashion galas in New York City and wearing expensive designer labels such as Valentino. Her "modesteness and reservedness" are quite selective. She could have put a nice ensemble together with gala dresses she has got in her wardrobe.

Last edited:
What the hell was she thinking! Awful dress, old hair style ---was she going shopping at Wal-Mart? Looked matronly, like Granny at a wedding

Maybe the dress is very expensive and from a famous brand but it just not looking good on
MM !!

Too me it is the worst evening dress that day.
I think it is Valentino's dress...

Can anyone confirm if that is from Valentino????
Really,I can not understand,usually they make nice stuff...on a positive note:I like the print and the top part of the dress,however it would have looked better if the lower part was less flowy and more fitted.
Any woman would have looked bigger than her size in such a dress,I feel really sorry for Mette-Marit:sad:

Can anyone confirm if that is from Valentino????
Really,I can not understand,usually they make nice stuff...on a positive note:I like the print and the top part of the dress,however it would have looked better if the lower part was less flowy and more fitted.
Any woman would have looked bigger than her size in such a dress,I feel really sorry for Mette-Marit:sad:

dazzling said in post#15, it might be a Giambattista Valli dress.
It was also said in a Norwegian article.
Mette-Marit på galla i nye designerkjoler minmote.no
Google Translation
"The pattern is from the spring/summer 2013 collection, but this dress never showed up on the catwalk - it's most likely custom made."

dazzling said in post#15, it might be a Giambattista Valli dress.
It was also said in a Norwegian article.
Mette-Marit på galla i nye designerkjoler minmote.no
Google Translation
"The pattern is from the spring/summer 2013 collection, but this dress never showed up on the catwalk - it's most likely custom made."

This could be true, here is what I found from GV-the pattern looks very much like MM´s dress!
mytheresa.com - Giambattista Valli - Luxury Fashion for Women / Designer clothing, shoes, bags
I would not go so far to say that her dress is completely awful, but it is not the right choice for a formal event, it would be better for a relaxed party with friends or something like that...

The gown for tonight is much better.

She looks lovely for the first time in these two days!
I´m pleased ;)
It´s a beautiful gown. She does quite well those soft, feminine looks, IMO.
Her hair looks pretty, as well.

Much, much better both in color and the soft flowing style. That looks like an interesting bracelet, too.

Finally, she looks pretty instead on silly.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit does not mind attending fashion galas in New York City and wearing expensive designer labels such as Valentino. Her "modesteness and reservedness" are quite selective. She could have put a nice ensemble together with gala dresses she has got in her wardrobe.

She could also just hire a stylist, give them some restrictions and a budget and let them find things for her. Stylists can do modest, you know.

I wonder if perhaps she was feeling that the Reception and Inauguration was not all about her fashion and style but rather that of Maxima. After Max had knocked our socks off Mette-Marit finally came out to play. :flowers:

Finally! when she gets it right, SHE GETS IT RIGHT!
very cute dress and shawl, the makeup is just perfect and she has beautiful accessories, including Haakon:whistling::wub:

She looks great ........welcome back princess mette marit

Last edited:
but this need for fancy-ness doesn't sit well with MM's natural modestness and reservedness

I can't quite understand why MM's consistently poor dressing choices of late should be attributable to 'modestness and reservedness'? MM is as fond of expensive designers as any of the CPs - she just doesn't seem to have the gift of knowing what she looks good wearing.
A reserved person would not turn up at a royal engagement with the combo of the white H&M mullet dress with black shooties, stockings and mismatched jacket as MM did lately; a reserved person would go for a more neutral look IMO.
MM can look smashing; I don't know if it only happens when she listens to advice from others. Especially lately, however, most of her choices have ranged from weird to downright ugly (sorry, no other term comes to mind). It's not a money thing - she has loads of expensive items in her closet.
She is usually very good in the shoe department though; she has an impressive and beautiful shoe collection. She just needs a consistent - and well-chosen - strategy for her clothing to go with it.

I can't quite understand why MM's consistently poor dressing choices of late should be attributable to 'modestness and reservedness'? MM is as fond of expensive designers as any of the CPs - she just doesn't seem to have the gift of knowing what she looks good wearing.
I too wonder why some people see MM as a modest and reserved person. I personally never met a party girl (appearing on TV when highly pregnant) who was modest and reserved. I have seen her twice in real life and reservedness was not my impression. I don't know how modest she is but IMO she clearly loves her position.
MM once said she took drugs because she wanted to be special, different.
IMO she dresses in this special, different way because that's the way she likes it - the majority here obviously does not.

For me this 2nd evening dress is just as ugly as the 1st.
But she looked fine at the day event. Her body has become rather plump though and the dress accentuated it.

I think MM beats even Mary on high class designers ... modest is something different and she spends an awful lot of money on stuff that doesnt suit her. But nobody seems to tell her, including the haute couture desginers themselves.

Its a strange way to show that one is 'different' or 'special' ... for me MM simply doesnt have a clue after almost 12 years of marriage what is befitting for a CP and what is not. Thankfully she lives in Norway where she gets away with it and is not being ripped apart for spending issues.

Back to the Amsterdam fashion, of course the flotilla outfit was the best one (not difficult, eh?) and the only one that hit the bar for such an event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom