Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 5: April 2013 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 5 of the thread for Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 4: December 2011 - April 2013 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Wonderful and thoughtful postings. In a word, after reading all the interesting analogies I think it boils down to "respect" a word one poster used,
as the reason to dress well for the job of CP.

Very different, and I'm thinking I like it!?!? Don't really know why, but I do.

Though I really dislike Stephanie's dress, MM for me is the worst dressed this evening. Shame...

I see a brooch at the waist and a bracelet. No tiara? Or one worn on the back of the head?

Its a typical hippie MM appearance. The dress looks nightgownish, ok for an evening beach party. I can't really see, is she wearing a tiara?

Wow! Did MM think the dinner was on the beach or yacht? This is an unflattering dress. She has far much nicer dresses. Its a pity her tiara is lost in the hair do.

Its a typical hippie MM appearance. The dress looks nightgownish, ok for an evening beach party. I can't really see, is she wearing a tiara?

That's what I thought,she's wearing a nightgown,but I must say its very unflattering on her!

That's what I thought,she's wearing a nightgown,but I must say its very unflattering on her!
Oh my...she looks awful...bad fit and cut of the dress. I can not decide if she just does not care, no clue or awful taste in clothes. Really sad...

2013 just seems to be a year when MM has given up on everything. She just seems to thrown on whatever is at hand and hopes it is good enough.

Is the nightgown in question by Valentino? Did Crown Princess Mette-Marit wear the same dress attending some gala in New York?

Last edited:
Wow, I am shocked by her selection. :eek: She is such a beautiful woman, she could just about wear anything, but not this. It looks like my grandma's kitchen curtains, just awful, what was she thinking?? I know she owns a mirror, she should of looked before she left the hotel or wherever she is staying.:bang:

Is the nightgown in question by Valentino? Did Crown Princess Mette-Marit wear the same dress attending some gala in New York?

It's not the same dress. I think its a Giambattista Valli dress.
The dress in New York was said to be on loan to the Crown Princess at the time.

Last edited:
Usually Mette-Marit looks great at events like this.. but this is just disappoiting. The dress is horrible.

This is just not working because it doesnt fit. If it did she would look fine. And the colours are blerg

There are pictures of Salma walking behind MM. She looks beautiful. Similar style of dress with high necks, long sleeves and belted. So, so different. Because Salma is wearing the dress. The one on MM looks like its in charge.

It's not the same dress. I think its a Giambattista Valli dress.
The dress in New York was said to be on loan to the Crown Princess at the time.
Thanks for the information! :flowers: I can not believe that this dress is by Giambattista Valli. His designs are usually exquisite. This particular dress made Crown Princess Mette-Marit appear bigger that she might be.

Last edited:
I agree with everyone, it is badly fitted and washes her out:(

This is a monstrosity. I can't believe she wore it again.

Nice... pajamas :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry ... I could not resist :)
Too me it is the worst evening dress that day.
I think it is Valentino's dress...

It was a very disappointing choice for the evening,partiucarly when all the other Crown Princesses looked stunning. The one saving grace was MM's handsome husband:flowers:

Truly awful, the material looks beautiful but you have to be wraith-like to get away with this look.
And then, it would be too casual for this affair.
As usual, she is not giving proper respect to her hosts, imo

Truly awful, the material looks beautiful but you have to be wraith-like to get away with this look.
And then, it would be too casual for this affair.
As usual, she is not giving proper respect to her hosts, imo

This would be cute as a short dress on a ten year old girl. And if more than one post asks IF she has a tiara on - then she's not wearing it correctly. I mean, why wear a bunch or diamonds on your head if no one can see them? That's rule #1 of tiaras. :lol:

Well, I'm glad a designer claimed responsibility for that gown because I thought my mother's bedroom curtains went missing! Seriously, this is such a bad look for all the reasons previously stated and I wish, wish, wish she would wear a tiara other than that tiny diamond daisy one as crown princess. Can't Queen Sonia loan her something else from the vaults? But given the state of her clothing recently, I don't think her eveningwear would have done justice to a bigger piece.

I just have one question: is she wearing slippers underneath her nightgown?

Last edited:
I say 'Poor Mette-Marit'

She loves her husband, who happens to be a Crown Prince and she is willing to do her part and participate in public appearances which involve dressing up, but this need for fancy-ness doesn't sit well with MM's natural modestness and reservedness...So when choosing attire for occassions like this I think she errs on the side of conservativeness and economy (perhaps) and chooses the less showy and less costly option and this is the result...

We can't change MM's natural personality and we can't make her wear something she is not comfortable in...but we just have to look at how happy she is and how happy her husband is with her to realise, it really doesn't matter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom