Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 5: April 2013 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the same dress which CP Victoria wore some days ago. CP Victoria look lovely, but CP MM - sorry, but it isn't good dress for her. She slouch too much, this shoes looks awful...

I think if she stood up straight and "wore" the dress properly it could look great on her I think it is astyle that suits most people and could easierly look fab on MM and I like the little bag in red and the red earrings and that the shoes are not my current pet hate nude ... it has possiblities IMO

The new Pia tjelta dress is nice, but I prefer MM's white Pucci dress. ;) I wish she would recycle it.

That is a spectacular dress and yes - she should wear it again!

I think there is something very regal about wearing a white dress for the evening, it reminds me of QE2's State dresses.

QE2 seems only to wear white for state banquets these days. Sorry if a bit OT.
We can discuss it in her thread.
BTW, I just figured out that the black dress M M wore in NY is the same one I loved on Victoria so much.
On M M huge miss.

Last edited:
i'm not a fan of the pia dress... the pucci one is lovely though. they are both so similar that it's a shame she got this one also, when the pucci one is gorgeous...

The black dress is quite nice and the colour looks good on MM, although in some photos (like this one for instance), it doesn't look that flattering on her. I do like her white gown however, she looked elegant during the gala dinner. I've always liked the Diamond Daisy Tiara - I think it's my favourite tiara within the NRF.

The white gown is too bedspready for me. Love the hair and tiara though.

love the white dress on her ............I love light colours on her

Instagram

This whole wedding look is horrible on MM. Her hair is done like a small child when you send her to school. A fur thing wrapped around her neck...I do not have a clue what you would call it with her gown. There are more times than naught I wonder if she has any taste at all. She is not getting better, she is getting much worse with her so called fashion choices. Her hair... what is left to say about her hair other than it is so overly processed with the yellowy color she wears. There is nothing she does that shows me in any way she is ready to be a queen.

Instagram

This whole wedding look is horrible on MM. Her hair is done like a small child when you send her to school. A fur thing wrapped around her neck...I do not have a clue what you would call it with her gown. There are more times than naught I wonder if she has any taste at all. She is not getting better, she is getting much worse with her so called fashion choices. Her hair... what is left to say about her hair other than it is so overly processed with the yellowy color she wears. There is nothing she does that shows me in any way she is ready to be a queen.

Close up

I loved her look! I always loved this Valentino dress, the print, the colors and the fit is very flattering. The fur collar was a lovely addition which dressed the look up quite a bit. Her hair looked very neat and this type of hairstyle really suits her well.

Instagram

You said it like it is.......her so called fashion choices she is most surely making horrible decisions in her fashion choices. I think that the designers know she has a huge bank account and see her as a dollar sign when she walks through their doors..........they can sell her anything from a pig in a poke to a cut up dress and she would buy it if the name was attached. She used to look nice, pretty and sweet........she now has no fashion sense at all and this latest is a joke........harsh yes.....given all the money spent on her clothes........I wouldn't wear 99% of them or even want them.

I actually like the dress but would have removed the fur. I love her hair! Fun and on-trend, it also seems to be quite "Nordic" in style and just plain pretty!

I actually like the dress but would have removed the fur. I love her hair! Fun and on-trend, it also seems to be quite "Nordic" in style and just plain pretty!

:previous:
Sorry I still cannot agree with the hairstyle. It might be cute on someone half her age. She is a grown "Nordic" woman with 3 children and a royal title. I do not mind the gown at all...it is the accessory she chose to wear around her neck. I can understand why the Nordic people are not happy with his choice for a wife. Only thing she does is vacation, buy designer clothing, smoke and cancel or be ill at scheduled events. What is she going to do when she is the queen? :sad:

Close up

I loved her look! I always loved this Valentino dress, the print, the colors and the fit is very flattering. The fur collar was a lovely addition which dressed the look up quite a bit. Her hair looked very neat and this type of hairstyle really suits her well.

I so agree with you she looks fab !!! ..... love everything about this out fit :)

I have always loved this dress. The colors and the print seems different, in a positive way. I'm not sure about the fur, but she looks great in that dress.

Not liking it- looks like she spilled ink all over it.

I love the dress. Heck, I'd wear it. The hairstyle is okay. I think she looks better and more comfortable than she has in quite a while.

I love the outfit. Even the hair. Great look on MM.

I love this outfit. This dress has always been one of my favourites and the fur was a nice touch to give it a more autumn/winter vibe. No complains about the hair.

I love the colours of the dress as they suit MM well due to her blonde hair, IMO. However, I'm not so sure about the top half/cape as it looks a little odd to me. I also respectfully disagree with the school girl hairstyle comments as to me, her hair looks fine (aside from the fact that I find it too dyed) and rather pretty. But then again, I haven't seen many of the schoolchildren in my area wear their hair like that - the usual hairstyles over here are two plaits, ponytails, down for children with short hair, and buns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom