The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Aristocracy

I agree with everyone, it is badly fitted and washes her out:(

Old 04-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

This is a monstrosity. I can't believe she wore it again.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Nobility

Nice... pajamas

Sorry ... I could not resist :)
Too me it is the worst evening dress that day.
I think it is Valentino's dress...
Old 04-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Aristocracy

It was a very disappointing choice for the evening,partiucarly when all the other Crown Princesses looked stunning. The one saving grace was MM's handsome husband
Old 04-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just dreadful.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Truly awful, the material looks beautiful but you have to be wraith-like to get away with this look.
And then, it would be too casual for this affair.
As usual, she is not giving proper respect to her hosts, imo
Old 04-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Truly awful, the material looks beautiful but you have to be wraith-like to get away with this look.
And then, it would be too casual for this affair.
As usual, she is not giving proper respect to her hosts, imo
This would be cute as a short dress on a ten year old girl. And if more than one post asks IF she has a tiara on - then she's not wearing it correctly. I mean, why wear a bunch or diamonds on your head if no one can see them? That's rule #1 of tiaras.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I'm glad a designer claimed responsibility for that gown because I thought my mother's bedroom curtains went missing! Seriously, this is such a bad look for all the reasons previously stated and I wish, wish, wish she would wear a tiara other than that tiny diamond daisy one as crown princess. Can't Queen Sonia loan her something else from the vaults? But given the state of her clothing recently, I don't think her eveningwear would have done justice to a bigger piece.

I just have one question: is she wearing slippers underneath her nightgown?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Simply horrible!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Courtier

I say 'Poor Mette-Marit'

She loves her husband, who happens to be a Crown Prince and she is willing to do her part and participate in public appearances which involve dressing up, but this need for fancy-ness doesn't sit well with MM's natural modestness and reservedness...So when choosing attire for occassions like this I think she errs on the side of conservativeness and economy (perhaps) and chooses the less showy and less costly option and this is the result...

We can't change MM's natural personality and we can't make her wear something she is not comfortable in...but we just have to look at how happy she is and how happy her husband is with her to realise, it really doesn't matter :)
Old 04-30-2013, 03:36 AM
Serene Highness

she is such a lovely looking woman , she is lucky there , but the dress does nothing for her , which is a shame , because when she gets it right she is amazing looking . .......... but she does look happy.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Her dresses is horrible and it doesn't suit har at all!
Old 04-30-2013, 04:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought hers was not a very appropriate dress for such an occasion. I think an inauguration deserves a more formal dress.

But it seems like a nice dress. It would probably have worked for me in another situation
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-30-2013, 05:11 AM
Aristocracy

I think that her shape is changing, like many women's as they get older and she hasn't figured out how to dress for that shape yet. What she needs is to get a stylist to help her out.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Courtier

Mette marit knows how to dress she has looked wonderful at events. I don't know what is wrong maybe she is just over getting dressed up.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
I say 'Poor Mette-Marit'

She loves her husband, who happens to be a Crown Prince and she is willing to do her part and participate in public appearances which involve dressing up, but this need for fancy-ness doesn't sit well with MM's natural modestness and reservedness...So when choosing attire for occassions like this I think she errs on the side of conservativeness and economy (perhaps) and chooses the less showy and less costly option and this is the result...

We can't change MM's natural personality and we can't make her wear something she is not comfortable in...but we just have to look at how happy she is and how happy her husband is with her to realise, it really doesn't matter :)
Crown Princess Mette-Marit does not mind attending fashion galas in New York City and wearing expensive designer labels such as Valentino. Her "modesteness and reservedness" are quite selective. She could have put a nice ensemble together with gala dresses she has got in her wardrobe.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Courtier

What the hell was she thinking! Awful dress, old hair style ---was she going shopping at Wal-Mart? Looked matronly, like Granny at a wedding
Old 04-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe the dress is very expensive and from a famous brand but it just not looking good on
MM !!
Old 04-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by marta19pl View Post
Too me it is the worst evening dress that day.
I think it is Valentino's dress...
Can anyone confirm if that is from Valentino????
Really,I can not understand,usually they make nice stuff...on a positive note:I like the print and the top part of the dress,however it would have looked better if the lower part was less flowy and more fitted.
Any woman would have looked bigger than her size in such a dress,I feel really sorry for Mette-Marit
. Helen Keller
Old 04-30-2013, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Can anyone confirm if that is from Valentino????
Really,I can not understand,usually they make nice stuff...on a positive note:I like the print and the top part of the dress,however it would have looked better if the lower part was less flowy and more fitted.
Any woman would have looked bigger than her size in such a dress,I feel really sorry for Mette-Marit
dazzling said in post#15, it might be a Giambattista Valli dress.
It was also said in a Norwegian article.
Mette-Marit på galla i nye designerkjoler minmote.no
Google Translation
"The pattern is from the spring/summer 2013 collection, but this dress never showed up on the catwalk - it's most likely custom made."

Tags
crown princess mette-marit, eveningwear, fashion, princess mette-marit's dresses, princess mette-marit's eveningwear, princess mette-marit's fashion