Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 9: March 2017 - June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen pictures of MM in a bikini—

She is definitely not large, but stately and majestic. And her face is so beautiful, it doesn’t matter what she’s wearing.

:previous: I completely agree with Lady Nimue. there is a difference between not liking what someone wears and it being inappropriate.
MM's choices are always ladylike, modest, inoffensive. Many of you don't like them. Fine.

But she is less wrinkled, more covered, better basically groomed and less likely to offend than some stuff other royals are wearing.

I also think comments about how big her fashion choices make her look step very close to body shaming and also over the boundaries of the rules here on the forums.

Personally, I think it's wonderful that she has a unique style that she alone wears and that it seems to make her feel good. That, in my opinion, is how "fashion" best serves society.

I don't dress like her and I would not buy what she buys. But I defend to the death her choices to wear what she likes. As long as it is not offensive, soiled or otherwise outre. I honor her fashion vibe! :flowers:

I completely agree with Lady Nimue. there is a difference between not liking what someone wears and it being inappropriate. MM's choices are always ladylike, modest, inoffensive. Many of you don't like them. Fine. But she is less wrinkled, more covered, better basically groomed and less likely to offend than some stuff other royals are wearing. I also think comments about how big her fashion choices make her look step very close to body shaming and also over the boundaries of the rules here on the forums.

I have to say it has been a unique experience posting about fashion.

Who'd a thought such a fluffy topic could be so fraught. :huh:

What troubles me is the unkindness, but in saying that I do not mean to be then unkind to those who are exuberant with their posting. That's not the point. For myself I like to look at fashion to get ideas. I still think MM's dress is a jumper (you can see the red material emerging from below the hem of the black overdress). I look at that and think: how cool! Would I wear it like that? Actually, no, but I think it looks fine on MM. Why? Because it is her choice and her style. But it gives me ideas. I think: if I owned that black overdress, how would I wear it? Likely I'd use gold-chained necklaces to break up the black, or would use a shawl or scarf in some way. If it is an overdress, I would use pale patterned blouses or perhaps a silk turtleneck in a pale color, and so I would think. That's what I do with most of what I look at: would I wear that, maybe yes, maybe no, maybe not exactly like that but with certain changes. Are my changes 'better'? more superior to the choice presented to me? more 'fashionable'? Dunno. It's just my opinion, my penchant.

When discussing fashion becomes edgy, and the person themselves start to get mauled (let alone the poster) it becomes unpleasant. Isn't there enough unpleasantness in the world? Can't a fashion thread be a happy place? Fun? I'd like to hear how others would wear an outfit, but it goes down bitter if the different way is presented as a better way than the one chosen which (clearly :huh:) also shows how dumb and clueless the person being critiqued is. :rolleyes:

I am aware that I am on a bit of a rant but it's been bothering me. I tend not to say anything and just move on but if some of these women were sitting in front of one, and one sees how much they try and are gentle souls themselves, could anyone be harsh and hectoring? Besides which, why should they change on anyone's say-so? Just some thoughts. Thank you for listening.

Personally, I think it's wonderful that she has a unique style that she alone wears and that it seems to make her feel good. That, in my opinion, is how "fashion" best serves society. I don't dress like her and I would not buy what she buys. But I defend to the death her choices to wear what she likes. As long as it is not offensive, soiled or otherwise outre. I honor her fashion vibe! :flowers:

I agree. :flowers: It is only if one is actively trying to 'sell' an image that one will go down the 'fashionable' rabbit hole. Actresses are selling an image, as are certain royals (for sure). They represent a country and there is a 'brand' that needs 'feeding', that is expected, etc.. (One particular royal lady comes to mind who overall has a fine sense of her own preferences but still undergoes relentless displeasure by 'fans' for not abiding by that 'fashion sell' image at every instant).

All these designers go to watch 'regular people' at cafes and at restaurants and at malls to see fashion trends, and get ideas for their line. It's true.

Okay, I'm done. :flowers:

Last edited:

Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the World Economic Forum in Davos today, January 23:

** Upper part **

Mette-Marit in black and white opening a new ward for mental health care at Lovisenberg Deaconal Hospital today, January 31:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Crown Princess Mette-Marit looking lovely while welcoming the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Oslo Gardermoen Airport today, February 1:

And later at the Royal Palace:

** Full view **

For a visit to the Princess Ingrid Alexandra Sculpture Park she wore an outfit in blue and white:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **

Last edited:
Mette-Marit looks so good in this type of coat with a flare skirted bottom.

She looks really good today! I love the first coat she wore.
I’ve often wished MM would go a little less blonde, or at least add a couple of low lights to the blonde she has, but I have to say her hair looks fantastic today.

90 percent of the time I do not care for what MM wears. This is one of the few times I really like her coat/look (airport). Great color, great shape and love the burgundy belt...and the scarf with a pop of color (although I wish more burgundy).

Not as crazy about the white coat during the outing.

I agree (camelot) I wish she would go less blonde. I think it would suit her skin tones better if she did.

LaRae

Crown Princess Mette-Marit looking lovely while welcoming the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Oslo Gardermoen Airport today, February 1:

And later at the Royal Palace:

** Full view **

For a visit to the Princess Ingrid Alexandra Sculpture Park she wore an outfit in blue and white:

The coat, the dress, the shoes, everything was perfect and suited her !!!! Wonderful !

MM looked great today, all day IMO :flowers:

I especially love the airport look, with the pop of color in the scarf. ?

Looked pretty at the sculpture park though I preferred the first look.

Her outfits today were very beautiful. I love the coat.

Outfit number 1 for Mette-Marit on day 2 of the visit of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge today, February 2:

And outfit number 2 at Holmenkollen:

** Full view **

Last edited:
Mette Marit looks quite sombre (though perhaps in respect for Henrik of Denmark's death) but nevertheless still nice and very cosy.

She wore grey gloves just to lift my spirits. ;)

Seriously, I like all the pieces even if they are black and I think there should be a rule that royals not wear black in January and February. In the upper N hemisphere, it's so hard to get through dark days. I yearn for COLOR.

I am surprised to say I like the black turtleneck sweater with the beige pleated lightweight skirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom