Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 8: May 2015 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she looked great both times .... appropriate for the occasion. The children are certainly handsome children.

They are both nice casual outfits but that's it, nothing special.

BTW, why is she wearing 2 outfits in the same day? Or wasn't it in the same day?

I really like the skirt in No. 2, but it needs something more delicate and in a prettier colour up top. :flowers:

The dress she's chosen for the religius wedding looks like the perfect outfit for Oktoberfest. This is a wedding in the Italian summer, not Bavaria in the autumn! :):):)

The dress she's chosen for the religius wedding looks like the perfect outfit for Oktoberfest. This is a wedding in the Italian summer, not Bavaria in the autumn! :):):)

I'm pretty sure its a dress by Giambattista Valli, an Italian designer (who was at the wedding). I thought she looked great.

Christinacg and Dazzling, I respect your views, we have different fashion preferences ;)

Flip flops at a wedding?? I think not.

Debbies i'm with you. Summer and Italy this dress go away:ohmy:

I never liked MM. Nevertheless I was always saying that her evening dresses were her strong point. But in the last years MM has a clash! She is unable to choose (or to be helped to do so) outfits for her body. On the name of God it is not so impossible to find dresses in her size and for her body type. Ok she gained some weight but nothing serious. She is always wrong, choosing outfits shoeing her defaults and of wrong size. And these hair almost white with black roots with failed hairdos. With all the money and the support she could have rather that a future queen she gives the image of a poor peseant wearing someone else's clothes.

I never liked MM. Nevertheless I was always saying that her evening dresses were her strong point. But in the last years MM has a clash! She is unable to choose (or to be helped to do so) outfits for her body. On the name of God it is not so impossible to find dresses in her size and for her body type. Ok she gained some weight but nothing serious. She is always wrong, choosing outfits shoeing her defaults and of wrong size. And these hair almost white with black roots with failed hairdos. With all the money and the support she could have rather that a future queen she gives the image of a poor peseant wearing someone else's clothes.

Her hair looks overbleached and damaged and she should take better care of it as far as I can see. ;)

MM can look stunning, but not recently. In a word/s .... she has really let herself go. There is no excuse for it given all that is available to her. She looked sloppy travelling, she looked horrific in the "jogging" picture even though I know one doesn't "dress up" to jog, but still ..... her evening dress may be by GV but it does not look good on her and honestly when I first saw it I wondered if she might be pregnant again. Really too bad because she can look stunning. I know everything is not about looks but she has come a long way .... down!

sandals

Flip flops at a wedding?? I think not.

I noticed that quite a few of the women were wearing similar sandals- they must have been warned about the dangers of the dock situation!

I don't appreciate much the black lace on this kind of dress, but it is beautiful anyway !

Sometimes, Mette-Marit appears to dress like a person who is depressed and/or so busy that she can't be bothered looking her best for people. Perhaps she doesn't like taking advice from professionals about her wardrobe and hair/makeup. I wonder whether we'll see a change once she's the Queen of Norway?

Mette-Marit is a lovely young woman. That being said the dresses are atrocious. But all the guests at this wedding wore atrocious outfits.

She looks great in both outfits. I like the dress, maybe a pair of ballet flats would have been better? Love the scarf for the casual attire.

I like the casual outfit. The dress is nice, but it doesn't do MM's waist any favors.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The blue dress is beautiful.

I like both outfits - you can never beat a nice crisp white top or shirt and the blue dress is nice and summery.

Guess I'm in the minority here but I think the blue dress is just awful, eyelet and beads and tight on the bust and waist doing her figure no favors! In fact, only a very young girl, around eight years old could wear that dress well. Really, just a day version of her little house on the prairie style. Plus, wearing it to church with white sneakers?
The other all white pants outfit seemed fine from what I could see.

I'm not so sure about MM's latest dress. Sometimes I like it, and sometimes I don't. I also don't think those plimsolls (?) work too well with it. For once I like her hair, though.

I'm not so sure about MM's latest dress. Sometimes I like it, and sometimes I don't. I also don't think those plimsolls (?) work too well with it. For once I like her hair, though.
Maybe the plimsoles were a health and safety thing? A CP slipping, falling etc. would not be a pretty sight and the world or is it just myself has seen enough of royal underwear, no doubt through no fault of their own, for this lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom