The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-19-2014, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mette-Marit today, at Ingrid-Alexandra's first day of school, photo call for the press.
http://www.semana.es/wp-content/blog...dra.jpg?d4fa2b

A nice casual outfit although not really getting the open sandals with a heavy jacket and turtleneck shirt

Old 08-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not getting it either, polyesco.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Add me to the list! It certainly looks chilly to be wearing such little sandals. :(
Old 08-20-2014, 01:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Odd look is she hoping for summer getting "winter" in summer or what ?????
Old 08-20-2014, 02:21 AM
Courtier

Thanks for pointing that out, whoa, those pinkies are cold I bet...
Old 08-20-2014, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Odd look is she hoping for summer getting "winter" in summer or what ?????
I agree, I found the sandals a little strange, given the fact that her mother, Haakon and the children are wearing winter clothes. Judging by the others' outfits, I can imagine that it's quite cold in Norway at the moment. I reckon she wore them because we're still in August, so it's not quite summer but it's not quite autumn/winter either. Sometimes I do that - I wear short sleeved tops with jeans and winter shoes.

In general though, Mette-Marit looks nice and her fleecy pullover looks really comfortable.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 08-20-2014, 01:32 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

The outfit is a mess and MM looks absolutely awful with her over-tanned face & over-bleached hair.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...e-marit--a.jpg
http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...-marit1--a.jpg
Old 08-20-2014, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The outfit is a mess and MM looks absolutely awful with her over-tanned face & over-bleached hair.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...e-marit--a.jpg
http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...-marit1--a.jpg
The jeans are a great fit but the turtleneck seemed to wintery IMO. The hair is too bleached.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

September 5, 2014 - MM in a long sleeved printed dress. Lovely dress if it fitted properly, it looks like it's 2 sizes too small. Her shoes looks really nice so did her hair style.

Close up ** Full/side view
Old 09-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not flattering at all horror show I am embarrassed for her and the hair is so bleached!!IMO
Old 09-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

This has to be one of the worst outfits I have seen on her. Terrible fit, color, style... Most unattractive.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do like MM's style but this dress is a little to snug on her. She has put on some weight (not judging just stating a fact) and her choices are not flattering to her figure right now.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

To try and put this in the nicest way possible, I don't think Mette-Marit doesn't quite "get it". A lot of her outfits seem to be mismatched or too big/too small. In this case, I think the dress is a little tight on her. It's a pretty dress in itself however, I love the colours. I also think Mette-Marit should dye her hair a different colour - I much prefer how it was at the time of her engagement to Haakon, it looked more natural back then.

This is a genuine question so not meant in a snarky way at all, but I was just wondering if Mette-Marit has a stylist or fashion adviser?
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 09-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Courtier

I also don't get it regarding her, most of the time her clothes just are *what I think looks pretty* and she goes for it. Not the way to buy clothes, not all high fashion designers clothes are for everybody. In looking at the pictures, it does seem like she has put on weight in the wrong place ( something I tend to do sometimes if I don't watch it), the color of the dress fades with her coloring, the dress does not fit properly, her roots are showing, all in all, she is messy and this is the future queen/consort whatever of Norway............hummmm she is in need of a stylist for sure.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post

I also don't get it regarding her, most of the time her clothes just are *what I think looks pretty* and she goes for it. Not the way to buy clothes, not all high fashion designers clothes are for everybody. In looking at the pictures, it does seem like she has put on weight in the wrong place ( something I tend to do sometimes if I don't watch it), the color of the dress fades with her coloring, the dress does not fit properly, her roots are showing, all in all, she is messy and this is the future queen/consort whatever of Norway............hummmm she is in need of a stylist for sure.
I think, the Problem is, that
1) she gained some extra Kilos (on the wrong places)
2) having designer the one day and Second Hand the other day make me belive, that she is unsure about her style (recently - maybe since she gained extra weight?).

What a pity, as I thought some years ago - GREAT, SHE HAS IT - (i.e. at the wedding of CP Victoria, she was one of the best dressed!)

Why has she lost the sense for Fashion, which really suits her?

BYe Bine
Old 09-08-2014, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

September 6, 2014 - In a printed dress at fretex

Full view ** Close up
Old 09-08-2014, 05:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the last two dresses were poor choices. They make her look dowdy, in my opinion. And is her hair not naturally blonde? I was wondering and now people are talking about it being bleached. If she's going to bleach it, she should make sure to regularly bleach the roots. I think it's time for a new hairdresser and a different colour and style.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't get it. Mette-Marit's natural hair colour is so much more flattering than bleached blonde. I would go further and say bleached white is more correct and her hair is showing the strain of years of bleaching. What was once a beautiful fall of hair is now white crimped and a bit strangly on the ends.

It is as if some image stylist got hold of her really early on and drilled three cardinal princess rules into her. First, she must never age, second, bleached hair is absolutely her very best friend and third, frills and ruffles are essential for the Crown Prince of Norway.

Essentially it seems her natural style has been stunted, nipped in the bud no less. I look at that beautiful, magical wedding ensemble, from the tiara and hair to the veil on the floor, it was stunning, so who destroyed her natural pared down style?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-_...t2001Gowns.jpg

And ta dah! We now have a new plastic princess. What a ghastly metamorphesus. From simple, elegant character to bland, monotonous frills. Each and every frilly evening dress morphs seamlessly into the next. The only thing that changes is the colour.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-A...t2010Gowns.jpg

It's like some strange reversal of fortune, or rather taste, to be honest. She started out elegantly uncluttered and by 2010 was turned into a mind numbingly awful "Princess Ruffle" wearing the evening gowns she should have been wearing ten years before and been well over them.

I am aware she was unskilled at the beginning and she didn't wear a lot of makeup even for her wedding, but the bones of her personal style was there and someone has bent it, twisted it and shaped it until now, in 2014 she is often found wearing 'Little House on the Prairie' styles covered in Laura Ashley type prints with ruffles at the neck, wrists and bottom. This is not a good look on any woman older than 18!

Couldn't her natural style have been allowed to grow and flourish? I think I would have really liked that Mette-Marit and I would have loved to see her hair in a more natural state.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...it_Tiara_2.JPG

But I take heart that every once in a while she throws us a bone!http://www.harpersbazaar.com/cm/harp...n-79012312.jpg
http://royalista.com/wp-content/imag...ox500@1.5x.jpg
Old 09-08-2014, 05:59 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

IMO MM is the worst dresser of CPs and Queens her age. The bleached hair/tanned face is getting more horrible with age, the recent coat/dress is 60s housewife wear, I am thinking where are the curlers to complete the look? Its ok for a women mid fourties who had 3 children to have fuller figure, but MM is dressing in such an unflattering way, dresses too tight what makes her look fat/matronly or with impossible cut, stressing exactly those areas of her body that should not be stressed.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
September 6, 2014 - In a printed dress at fretex

Full view ** Close up
This looks like it was made from some curtains that my mother had in our family room.

Tags
crown princess mette-marit's daytime fashion, princess mette-marit, princess mette-marit daytime fashion, princess mette-marit fashion and style