Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 7: June 2013 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it is time to retire that jacket, it is way too small and does her no favors.

I love the jacket but with such a jacket that has ruffles on the front hair her should be pulled back completely. The dress looks like it's Pucci.

I like this outfit, nice colours and i like the jacket, but it seems too small.

I liked the jacket a lot but I think it's just a bit unflattering. But she looks good.

I had this bag already a few years ago. I was violently jealous of her because of it !!!! I am happy to see it again.....

I liked the ensemble as it is unfussy and elegant. The bag is all right.

Nice outfit minus the thick black tights and brown pumps!
Cute green bag.

Beautiful Prada bag, i remember it in the Milan galleria Vittorio Emmanuele Prada shop, 8000 euros.

She looks lovely love the blue ....

I'm not overly keen on the jacket, but I like that shade of blue. It suits Mette-Marit.

The ensemble is all right. The hair colour, on the other hand, is odd.

I guess I'm alone in thinking that it is really awful. A belted jacket over a box pleated skirt is only for those who are severely underweight, a few royals come to mind who would look good in this look. She looks absolutely rotund with this combo, the thick black tights, super bleached hair pulled back bring it to the really bad category.

I quite like this look. Very nice colors.
Only thing that I don t like at all is the belt. Completely unnecessary.

I guess I'm alone in thinking that it is really awful. A belted jacket over a box pleated skirt is only for those who are severely underweight, a few royals come to mind who would look good in this look. She looks absolutely rotund with this combo, the thick black tights, super bleached hair pulled back bring it to the really bad category.
I tend to agree with you on this one. While I like the color combination, I think it might be better if the jacket was blue and the skirt was black. As it is, with the blue on the bottom with the pleats, it makes her hips look as big as the side of a barn (old expression of my grandmother's). The skirt would probably be better in a straight or A line silhouette. The heavy tights always remind me of Maria in "The Sound of Music" and don't seem dressy enough but I get that it tends to be colder in Europe. I am surprised her hair isn't falling out from the over-bleaching.

In spite of everything, for once she is appropriately dressed for an engagement. So I will take this, imperfect though it may be.

Last edited:
I like the dress and coat, but not together. The second outfit is nice and I like that shade of purple, although the shoes don't really go with it IMO.

Although I am not a fan of lace dresses, I have to say a cream-coloured coat paired with a white lace dress is an excellent ensemble. It is so airy feminine. Other ensembles are all right. The purple dress, however, is very very unflattering. It emphasises Crown Princess Mette-Marit's not-so-svelte figure as well as it is crumpled.

Last edited:
The green coat is lovely. The purple coat is a lovely door on her but its just so tight.

I just wonder why did MM need coat in Vietnam? It is so hot there.

Purple one is way too tight. The green one looks very good, that is a good style for her and waistline. don't know why she wore the white coat over the lace dress.

It appears that the mauve and the black and white dresses have bra issues they are nice garments but really she couldn't get that right IMO a bit messy but they could have been stunning on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom