Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 6: August 2012 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the resources and designers at her disposal, she could look amazing every day. I really don't understand why it's so hard for many of these royal women to find a properly tailored suit.

I assume the scarf is there because of cold weather since it's so bulky. The suit is alright, but those shooties again make another unflattering appearance. And I dislike those thick opaque black tights. But my favorite fashion accessory is Haakon!;)

Agree with your assessment. The shoes are truly horrific.

Dress looks okay, a bit chaotic, but I think her hair is very cute.

That looks awful again. Today's occasion deserved something better.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit reminded me of a peasant girl attending a funfair.

Last edited:
Infinitely better than last nights atrocity, but why would anybody dress from Valentino, now the maestro has retired, and the house that bears his name is producing such horrors ?

Truth be told ... There are some nice pieces produced by the current team. However, it appears that Crown Princess Mette-Marit opts for flowery patterns.

Last edited:
I would have liked the dress better if there were a sash or belt at the waist. I would have given her shape some definition.

I would have liked the dress better if there were a sash or belt at the waist. I would have given her shape some definition.

I agree and what is in her hair?

I thought the inauguration ceremony dress looked like drapes.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are perfect examples of just because its on a model does not mean you should wear it. MM has been a princess long enough she should know this. She should look in the mirror and say to the designer...I dont think so. It would be acceptable if she was trying to make some kind of ridiculous statement and was wearing off the rack for the money aspect...but this is Valentino...come on!

It's better than what she wore last night, but it's still not a great look.

Like others have said, it seems a little shapeless and would probably have benefited from a belt or something.

I don't mind the dress-it's very simple and does have a defined waist, but I wish she would have chosen a nice cream-colored hat or fascinator.

It seems a little (gulp)-matronly and aging for her. She's a beautiful woman no doubt about that but it would have been nice to see her in something a little lighter and appealing.

19.000 krone what is that in euro's. Mette-Marit is a beautiful woman but this is not a good dress for her. She looks bigger than she actually is. A good example that expensive dresses don't always do a good thing for you.

Not a great look on MM - she needed a more substainal fascinator rather than that net of petals. The dress is just wrong - the fabric, print, shape just dont work

19.000 krone what is that in euro's. Mette-Marit is a beautiful woman but this is not a good dress for her. She looks bigger than she actually is. A good example that expensive dresses don't always do a good thing for you.

19.000 kroner are about 2500 Euro. It's actually the price of the Valentino clutch :ohmy:

A bit better than last night but the dress would be far better in a slimmer body ! Too much pattern
on the dress !! And the head piece is just not formal and not good looking !!

I agree GG there is just nothing to say .. nothing....

Ugh, another miss for M-M. Someone get her a stylist, QUICKLY!

Oh no! Did she have to take down the drapes in the hotel room and whip this one up herself?
The cut of the dress only serves to accentuate the negative. And, she is proving she doesn't want to wear a hat? And doesn't have to?
Her "hippie" style is showing this outing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom