Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 3: November 2009 - August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 3
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Marmi, TheTruth & dazzling

Originally Posted by Laurentienne post #481
"What IS it with US citizens and CP Mette-Marits dark stockings? :D"

Laurentienne, I've considered your point, and hope you meant no offense to the US posters in TRF. So I went back thru the previous thread, and found many European friends in Germany, Spain & Poland had posted a dislike for CP Mette-Marit's black tights as well as those of us from the United States who dont like them.

Princess Beatrix ask in post # 406 in the previous thread:

Her haircolor is so nice. Is blonde her natural haircolor?

Crown Princess Mette Marit has not her original haircolor, and have not had it since before she was known as the girlfriend of CP Haakon. Her real color is dark blond, in a ashy way, not in a golden way.

If you think of Infanta Elena of Spain, that is about how dark CP Mette-Marit is with her natural hair color. You might find pictures of Infanta Elena in this board.

Over the years CP Mette-Marits hair has changed from a golden blonde (early years of marriage) to a more silver blonde like she has now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Laurentienne post #481
"What IS it with US citizens and CP Mette-Marits dark stockings? :D"

Laurentienne, I've considered your point, and hope you meant no offense to the US posters in TRF. So I went back thru the previous thread, and found many European friends in Germany, Spain & Poland had posted a dislike for CP Mette-Marit's black tights as well as those of us from the United States who dont like them.

Dark stockings are worn here in the US as well.........but not with every..single..dress..we..own. :winkiss:

As stated previously, people in the US wear dark stockings as well. But, I haven't seen anyone (celebrities and other people in public eye) wear it as much as MM does. IMO, they detract from the overall outfit, as the eye is immediately drawn to the darker item. With MM, the top part is usually a pastel, or an earthy color but the legs are encased in the darkest stockings possible.

Since its cold outside, she should definitely wear stockings, but go for lighter black or nude stockings that don't detract but balance the overall look.

Dark stockings are worn here in the US as well.........but not with every..single..dress..we..own. :winkiss:

I know I know. :winkiss:
I agree with you too pdas1201.

And CP Mette-Marit wear them with almost every outfit she wears.
I'm happy to see that you probably understood that I was joking in my previous post. I don't think every person in USA wear skin color or light stockings to jut any outfit. Quite a few people from USA are married to some of my relatives so I have them in my family. Great women all of them!

I only wish Patra could quote the whole post I made when quoting me,
and not tear it apart and just comment on one sentence. It is mportant to see the context, and I'm offended when quoted incorrectly or with some text missing.

But I do to some point agree with people who think that CP Mette-Marit should have variations when it comes to stockings, and not wear the thick kind she often use. Even a thinner stocking would be better than a stocking that comes across as totally black. And I would love to see her with other colors too.

I hope CP Mette-Marit will go for a lighter shade in her warderobe in the spring. I have seen her in a white dress with black stockings, but I hope that never happens again!

And I just want to point out that there are photos of her that I see in magazines in my country, that never make it to these boards. When I cannot find a link to a picture on the internet, it is almost impossible to post pictures of her without breaking rules. I cannot violate the copyrights. She has from time to time fantastic outfits that never makes it in here, and it is sad that so few people are able to see it. I'm sure it is the same with other royal people.

Well a lot of posters in here find so many georgeous photos, and I'm very grateful for that! :flowers:

I know I know. :winkiss:
I agree with you too pdas1201.

And CP Mette-Marit wear them with almost every outfit she wears.
I'm happy to see that you probably understood that I was joking in my previous post. I don't think every person in USA wear skin color or light stockings to jut any outfit. Quite a few people from USA are married to some of my relatives so I have them in my family. Great women all of them!

I only wish Patra could quote the whole post I made when quoting me,
and not tear it apart and just comment on one sentence. It is important to see the context, and I'm offended when quoted incorrectly or with some text missing.

But I do to some point agree with people who think that CP Mette-Marit should have variations when it comes to stockings, and not wear the thick kind she often use. Even a thinner stocking would be better than a stocking that comes across as totally black. And I would love to see her with other colors too.

I hope CP Mette-Marit will go for a lighter shade in her warderobe in the spring. I have seen her in a white dress with black stockings, but I hope that never happens again!

And I just want to point out that there are photos of her that I see in magazines in my country, that never make it to these boards. When I cannot find a link to a picture on the internet, it is almost impossible to post pictures of her without breaking rules. I cannot violate the copyrights. She has from time to time fantastic outfits that never makes it in here, and it is sad that so few people are able to see it. I'm sure it is the same with other royal people.

Well a lot of posters in here find so many georgeous photos, and I'm very grateful for that! :flowers:

Laurentienne, I hope you don't think I was jumping on you for saying women in the US wear dark stockings. Even if they do, what can I do about it. Its not a crime! I was merely responding to a section of your posts. But, I agree that I should have read the complete post (unfortunately it was in the previous thread). I apologize if you felt you were inaccurately quoted.

Also, I have seen MM look wonderful on several occasions myself. I don't have access to the magazines but I have seen several pics elsewhere. My above comments were more to do with dark stockings that we see her wear inordinate amount of times, at least from what I see on the board. Because, I can only comment on what I see. With some of her outfits, if only she had removed the dark stockings, it would have been a definite success. So, it was just a bit of constructive criticism from me to MM:) And I see from your above comments that you agree with me on that.

The outfit doesn't flatter her figure at all. Makes her look short and stocky. But a nice handbag. Don't care for her shoes.

Not the most flattering coat and skirt on MM. Everything is too full, and hits her figure in all the wrong places, IMO.

Gorgeous bag, but I don't care for the rest of the outfit. Although the golden buttons are nice IMO, the coat is very unflattering around the waist and the skirt is too frumpy and unflattering too.

The jacket is ok; the skirt, IMO, is very unflattering. Again the outfit is too dark, it would be nicer in other colour. The shoes are great and I love the bag.

I love the color of this blue-ish dress too. It's different.

This is a lovely outfit and it has color. The dress looks very pretty, the detailing on it on top look very interesting. The sweater looks very warming and matches the dress.
The brown belt was a very nice match.
Hair was done nicely, it looked beautiful when put to the side.

The black suit is great - I like the fur in the collar.
The blue-green dress with cardigan is nice. I do like the hair do - very romantic :flowers:

Love the blue-green dress and cardigan! She looks beautiful, the dress the makeup and the hair were all wonderful. I love seeing her in color and not black all the time.

I didn't like the black dress MM wore for the World Aids Day. And the reasons for that are twofold. Firstly, I am not a huge fan of the all Black look, which she's sporting a lot these days. Secondly, I might have overlooked the first, if she had worn a better fitting dress. In the picture, I have posted below, her jacket is stretched at the bust, its tight in the arms and overall not sitting properly on her upper body.

I wish MM would wear more color, she looks amazing in it. The case in point being the Green/Blue dress. It also helps when the hair is styled properly, which wasn't the case with the Black dress.

Imageshack - 610xp
(Credit: Daylife)

The dress and suit were both nice and I really like the braid over her forehead. The black and red shoes are one of my favorites and I've noticed other Princesses with the same so they must be popular.

The dress and suit were both nice and I really like the braid over her forehead. The black and red shoes are one of my favorites and I've noticed other Princesses with the same so they must be popular.

They are Louboutins. The red soles are their signature. Yes, they are pretty popular with the other princesses, such as Mary, Madeleine etc., also popular with the celebrity crowd. I would have definitely liked them for myself, if I could afford it;)

Wow, the blue/green dress is my favorite color on CPrincess Mette-Marit, it looks fantastic with her blonde locks, and fair complexion!

Quite like the colour on her wonder if she is wearing the dreaded opaques I am not sure about the hair she tends to get the Hiedi thing happening and it looks a little strange IMO.

Boring as always. No nice hair, make up. Always dark colours. Not nice. The best on her outfits are the shoes.

I think that this dress is lovely, but I don´t like the brown belt with it. The hairdo is very nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom