Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 9: March 2017 - June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Mette-Marit looks simple, but elegant and understated. She seems to have died her hair a more subtle blonde lately, and I much prefer it like that.

Understated elegance at its best. Wonderful and appropriate look for event :flowers:

Crown Princess Mette-Marit looking lovely at the opening of the conference "Women's Leadership for Sustainable Development" in Oslo this morning, November 27:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **

She looks so good recently (with her pink outfits!)

Crown Princess Mette-Marit visited Medarbeiderne (The Co-Workers) in Oslo today, December 8. She and Haakon gave a helping hand during a waste disposal tour, which explains the boots and her outfit later on:

** Full view ** Look 2 ;) **

Gorgeous dress! And still waiting she wears a pillbox rather than a headband...

Last edited by a moderator:
That coat is loud. Can’t decide if I like it or not. Please get rid of the black tights!

I am glad she doesn't pull a pill box. They don't suit everyone. It takes a certain person to make them look fresh and stylish, not old fashioned. I don't think one would suit her at all.

I am usually not one for busy prints but I quite like this look. She looks great :flowers:

I don't like her earlier look. The weird ruffle front top is just awkward :sad:

I forgot until looking at the photos, how more casual the Oslo nobels are.

What a modern take on the floral craze- love it!

Mette-Marit in a nice, simple outfit of black top and white skirt visiting =Oslo and their café =Kaffe today, December 11:

** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

iceflower said:
And later at the Nobel Peace Prize 2017 ceremony:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 **

I don't like the pairing of the stripe skirt with a very busy floral print coat

Mette-Marit at an audience and at the Save The Children's Peace Prize party in connection with the Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo today, December 10:

** Full view ** Upper part **

the ruffle on the top is weird, don't like it

Last edited by a moderator:
iceflower;2049251 And later at the Nobel Peace Prize 2017 ceremony: ** [URL="http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/members-of-the-norwegian-royal-family-king-harald-v-of-norway-his-picture-id889349500" said:

I adore this outfit on her. It has all the elements she loves (and we mostly all hate) but it is such a fresh take. I love the play of the underdress and the floral overcoat! The fit is good. It does not overshadow the event but is a really worthy combo for her station here. It's pretty and quirky which is MM at her best!
This is nothing I would wear, but within her wheelhouse, I think this is a complete winner on MM. :flowers:

CP Mette Marit is becoming one of my favorite for style. :flowers: Love this! I don't wear black at all, but I can see one could do a lot of interesting things with that jumper dress, with shawls and scarves, and patterned blouses.

I adore this outfit on her. It has all the elements she loves (and we mostly all hate) but it is such a fresh take. I love the play of the underdress and the floral overcoat! The fit is good. It does not overshadow the event but is a really worthy combo for her station here. It's pretty and quirky which is MM at her best!

This is nothing I would wear, but within her wheelhouse, I think this is a complete winner on MM. :flowers:

So curious, why 'we mostly all hate'? She's a very accessible dresser imo, especially for colder climes. I totally get how she dresses, and why. I have always assumed her style is very Norwegian. Not so?

Lovely skirt and top I also loved her polka dot gown for Noble prize she can look really lovely ... and then the outfit from hell ... a real hit or miss!!!

Love the floral top with the nice coat and yea, no black tights! That awful black dress with the red sleeves really is an eyesore. Q Sonia always looks so put together, love her outfit in the picture

The black dress with red sleeves not a fan. I love the color, and even the style but the black looks like cheap pleather.

I love todays look. The blouse much better on MM then Victoria. Lovely skirt :flowers:

This is a woman who has the very best of very thing in the way of clothing, nothing is ever stopping her from dressing for her body type yet *rarely* does she ever look like she knows how to dress. Amazing with her money and access to designers, stylist, and anything else, can she really put on a piece of clothing that fits her and looks nice. That red sleeved fake leather dress is a disgrace to even wear to an event for royal duties, and that is just one outfit. She has a perfect example of a lady and how to put clothing together right there next to her, her mother-in-law always looks so well put together, color, style, accessories, shoes/boots, anything and MM looks like she is lost in the closet on what to wear all the time.

:previous: Wow, My.Payton. :huh: A disgrace? I don't get the intensity regarding another person's efforts. It really puzzles me. Why so negative? Not everyone (and I am certainly one) applauds the buy-in to the fashion industry designers and stylists by so many. When one finds someone who is their own person, it's refreshing. JMO.

:previous:
I do get it Lady nimue, MM does not know how to dress for her body type. I see so many women buying expensive designer clothes all because the designer or someone who is a sales person tell a woman this looks great on her and it doesn't. People want to make money and those with lots of money are willing to listen to anyone who is popular, in the know and in the *in* group, and that is not the reason to buy clothes. What I see on some of these society ladies is laughable, not saying everyone has to dress alike yet know your body and what you feel comfortable in and not what someone is trying to sell you to make a name and money. That red sleeved dress with what look like fake leather was *not appropriate* for any event. I apologize for the word *disgrace* so now it is *inappropriate* for make her look larger then she is and the material looked on the internet here cheap. Queen Sonja really comes across as a lady, MM comes across as what is expensive and not always appropriate for her body type.?

I do get it Lady nimue, MM does not know how to dress for her body type.

So we have a difference of opinion. ;) I think she dresses fine for her body type.

I see so many women buying expensive designer clothes all because the designer or someone who is a sales person tell a woman this looks great on her and it doesn't. People want to make money and those with lots of money are willing to listen to anyone who is popular, in the know and in the *in* group, and that is not the reason to buy clothes.

Here we differ. :ermm: I see very few women buying expensive designer clothes. My 'crowd' is very pedestrian, I guess. The only time 'expensive designer clothes' become an issue is with a gala or with a red carpet event, and even then, the general rule is to 'look nice', presentable (to the cameras, as far as that is possible to do), no more. The real pizzazz gowns and stuff belong to the A-Listers or soon-to-be-A-Listers, or in that category.

What I see on some of these society ladies is laughable, not saying everyone has to dress alike yet know your body and what you feel comfortable in and not what someone is trying to sell you to make a name and money.

I would say the same, and I think that applies to MM (as well as at least one other royal lady we both watch). She wears what is comfortable and not what 'critics' demand she wear. She is unique and very accessible. It's not about body type really. That idea is driven by current biases regarding the female body. JMO.

That red sleeved dress with what look like fake leather was *not appropriate* for any event.

Why not appropriate? She blended in with the Queen and the Queen's husband. The pictures of them all looked good to my eyes, except maybe one could fault Haakon for his blue suit. ;) (BTW I thought it was a jumper with a red blouse).

I apologize for the word *disgrace* so now it is *inappropriate* for make her look larger then she is and the material looked on the internet here cheap.

So what if what she wore made her look larger? Why does that matter? :huh: The camera is not a friend. You know the old adage: the camera puts on 10 pounds. In fact it's one of the first issues people (usually women) have when they see themselves photographed, and they start to diet (starve) themselves to get that svelte look the camera lens 'loves'. (We all know of one famous princess who had serious eating issues precisely because of this). It's one of the issues actresses are always dealing with when the producers/directors send down instructions to an actress to 'lose weight'.

Truthfully, if MM was a 'big woman' I'd say more power to her! She looks great. Thing is she is not. She is just right, and if that looks 'large' then it is we as the observer who need to adjust our sights.

It's very possible we approach fashion in a different way: for me I am looking at someone's style, not my style. Some times what they wear jives with my style and so I like what I see. Sometimes what I see is not my style, but I assume it is theirs, that they like what they are wearing, that they chose it after all, and I try to be respectful of a person's choices as I would were I to be sitting at lunch with them.

Queen Sonja really comes across as a lady, MM comes across as what is expensive and not always appropriate for her body type.?

It's interesting what we see. :flowers: I like the look of MM. Looks all business to me (and 'cheap' can be 'inexpensive' and that's okay in my book). I would never comment on Queen Sonja but because I am making a point I will (though I hate to do so because I know she put thought into what she wore, and likes what she chose, so I would normally respect that, and to heck with what the camera 'sees'). So saying, I plunge in, and say, it is the Queen's dress that looks ill-fitting (but so what?). She could have dispensed with the scarf, thus accentuating the black belt with the black necklace/collar and black boots. I am aware that some of you go so far as to mention bra issues (I wince!), so one could mention the Queen has a support issue with that dress. :rolleyes: (please forgive me, o my Queen). Now what about any of this makes Sonja 'a lady'? She looks a bit rumpled to me, but so what? MM looks sleek and I liked what I saw so mentioned it. Others were being rough on her so it may have prompted me to offer the contrary view for balance, but nothing about MM's dress/jumper (whatever it is) warrants such vehemence in my book. It's always a puzzle.

P.S. From everything I see regarding MM she is every bit the lady as is Queen Sonja. Maybe it has something to do with 'casual' versus something seen as a bit more 'dressy'? That could be a valid point though I think that may be a generational thing, but I do accept that context (casual vs dressy). BTW it's Haakon who ruins the group picture. ? He should have been dressed in black, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom