Crown Princess Masako's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2008 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her dress and hat looked very proper and discreet; in tune to Japanese royal fashion.
I feel like Baroness of Books: more public appeances from her!

I'm glad she made an appearance, but I don't like her outfit.

It is a usual court dress: discreet and refined. I am sure silk the dress is made of is high quality. Crown Princess Masako wore it before. Unlike other Crown Princesses and Princesses, Japanese royal ladies do not name their designers.

:previous: Ah yes, I thought I had seen her wear it before. So wonderful to this lady appearing with the other royal ladies.:flowers: Are the princes and princesses of Japan the worlds' only Imperial Highnesses?

Horrible dress, but I expect she would have worn sackcloth and ashes if it got her out of Japan. Poor lady

Masako in the dress in 2005 and in the Netherlands
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
I have to be honest, the 2005 dress, while very, very, modest, did fit beautifully. More than that . . . she glowed in it. Unfortunately, while she still glowed, there are few women who fit the clothes they wore 8 years ago and Masako is not one of them. Perhaps her clothing allowance is not quite as generous as some of the other CP's.

Still . . . like most everyone else, I think it was great to see her and hope for more opportunities to see her again. She always manages to look so serene and her smile is so lovely. Seeing her and her husband together was a treat and they both looked like they were thoroughly enjoying themselves!

Yes, her shape has changed since 2005 and the dress should have been modified with it if she didn't wear a new dress. It looks tight across her abdomen in the current photo.

It's just such a treat to have finally seen Masako publicly and I hope she escape her guards and appear more often!

I have to be honest, the 2005 dress, while very, very, modest, did fit beautifully. More than that . . . she glowed in it. Unfortunately, while she still glowed, there are few women who fit the clothes they wore 8 years ago and Masako is not one of them. Perhaps her clothing allowance is not quite as generous as some of the other CP's.

Still . . . like most everyone else, I think it was great to see her and hope for more opportunities to see her again. She always manages to look so serene and her smile is so lovely. Seeing her and her husband together was a treat and they both looked like they were thoroughly enjoying themselves!

Masako leaved Japan wearing a new Chanel suit, so I guess her allowance isn't low at all. Maybe she decided to attend a few days before the ceremony and didn't have time to have a new dress? or maybe she just preferred to go with the dress she liked (she wore it again in 2010), and I guess no one would ever tell her that the dress is now tight, and people won't simply care because we just wanted to see her! :D

Masako wearing a suit in orange on day 1 of the state visit from the Netherlands, October 29 - a very lovely gesture towards their guests, whose national colour is orange.

** Full view ** Upper part **

Not crazy about the suit, yet it is a nice color on her. It is nice to see that smile and sparkle in her eyes.

Masako wearing a suit in orange on day 1 of the state visit from the Netherlands, October 29 - a very lovely gesture towards their guests, whose national colour is orange.

** Full view ** Upper part **

It is firstly wonderful to see Crown Princess Masako! It is also lovely to see her in this amazing colour as we normally see her in cream or beige colours and I think she looks spectacular in such a vibrant suit. The suit itself and the hat are beautifully made and of a neat, impeccable design, which is a requirement of the Imperial Court.

The color is fine, but I think the style of the hat is ugly. (Looks like an inverted chamber pot).

It is firstly wonderful to see Crown Princess Masako! It is also lovely to see her in this amazing colour as we normally see her in cream or beige colours and I think she looks spectacular in such a vibrant suit. The suit itself and the hat are beautifully made and of a neat, impeccable design, which is a requirement of the Imperial Court.
I could not have said it better.:flowers::flowers: The orange colour of the ensemble is quite unexpected for me.

She looks lovely and the color is very flattering on her-always great to see her out!

She looks lovely and stunning :) its gold to See her smiling ?

She looks very lovely in the orange suit for the arrival ceremony.

Great color & style/cut of the suit. I'm just not a fan of the hat.

CP Masako made a trip to Tonga for the coronation of the new king. I like her traveling ensemble. It's very crisp and cool looking.:flowers:

Crown Princess Masako's arrival in Tonga: Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako visit Tonga | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

Here is her formal dress for the coronation. The embroidery is beautiful.
Royal visitors mingle at Coronation events | Matangi Tonga

She wore this summery shade of blue for the trip back to Japan.
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...-meeting-with-japanese-in-tonga/#.VZs8w_lVikp

Last edited:
Her gown was stunning. Amazing details. One of her best looks. The blue outfit is also beautiful.

Her wardrobe is understated but always made of beautiful materials. Now that she's doing more appearances, this thread should be busier! :)

Nice choices from Masako. Especially the white dress is amazing.

Her wardrobe is understated but always made of beautiful materials. Now that she's doing more appearances, this thread should be busier! :)

Thanks for the links yo previously posted. It is always a treat to see CP Masako appearing in public and to see the lovely clothes she wears.

She was Imperial for the Coronation in Tonga . Happy for the Crown Prince !

Beautiful! Such a vibrant colour she's wearing, and I love the detail work on her hat. Now if only she's could raise her hemline a wee bit.:flowers:

The purple suit is exquisite.

It's nice to see Masako out and about and looking cheerful - that shade of purple is wonderful on her.

She surely stands out in the crowd and it's great seeing her in such a string color after seeing her for a while in grey, beige and black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom