Crown Princess Mary's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary is gorgeous and I'm sure she's getting tired at this stage as carrying the twins is getting harder and she's probably now just at the stage of "let's get this over!"

I totally agree with you, Lumut! I cannot add another adjective to your post...

I have to sound in and agree here the colour of the gown is really gorgeous on her the hair even the brooch position is tastful and the opera coat is beautiful.

Mary looked great apart from the neckline, in my opinion showing off such a dekolletee is inappropriate for a royal woman.

Mary looked great apart from the neckline, in my opinion showing off such a dekolletee is inappropriate for a royal woman.
I agree, Mary was perfect from hair to toe: hair, skin, makeup, body and this lovely colour of her dress, is my preferred one....
I agree for the decolleté thing, it's not only inappropriate for royal women, but for every well respected woman, who doesn't display her body as meat on a bucher shop...but from a pregnant woman, it's cute, it's more maternal than "sexy".

Mary looks stunning tonight, although I agree the neckline is too low. Beautiful color on her and I love the cape.

Mary looks wonderful. I wouldn't wear the neckline but I know what it is like to have more than usual because of pregnancy. I wonder if she will make it till January or if the babies will make their appearance in time for Christmas.

Really beautiful color on Mary. Love the earrings, would have loved a necklace to take the eyes off the merchandise!!

The dress is too long and there is way too much cleavage showing. Again. Not a good look for a Crown Princess, not a good look for a lady.

Clothes do not make a lady. She's a woman, she's pregnant, she has larger breasts than she normally would. That's life. Unless she's supposed to walk around in high-collared Victorian gowns, her bosoms will be apparent at this stage in her pregnancy. Nothing vulgar was shown.

Clothes do not make a lady. She's a woman, she's pregnant, she has larger breasts than she normally would. That's life. Unless she's supposed to walk around in high-collared Victorian gowns, her bosoms will be apparent at this stage in her pregnancy. Nothing vulgar was shown.

No, they don't, but a lady should wear appropriate outfits. This outfit was not. And while I understand she is pregnant, there are many outfits (and I am not talking typical maternity outfits only) suitable for pregnant women NOT showing the cleavage so much. Not necessarily "Victorian", not necessarily high-collared gowns, but a little higher neckline would look way better.

I didn't think she showed that much cleavage, but we'll agree to disagree on that. 'Tis fine. :)

Maybe she is not wanting to buy new maternity gowns since this will probably be her last pregnancy. She looks lovely and every inch a lady as Mary always does. Is she wearing the daisy brooch in her hair?

Maybe she is not wanting to buy new maternity gowns since this will probably be her last pregnancy. She looks lovely and every inch a lady as Mary always does. Is she wearing the daisy brooch in her hair?
whre did you see the daisy brooch?

What is the big deal if she is showing some cleavage? How was this dress not appropriate? I find it every inch appropriate and the cleavage showing is very normal.

Mary's belly is really growing,she looks beautiful : )
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vnePtJdCZcs/TOjkoz6pFBI/AAAAAAAAJ38/l20axLRmjcg/s1600/7.jpg

I love the dress,this colour is good on her

Yeap, she looked truly great! I don't mind such cleavages at all, she wasn't going to a church service and I don't find it vulgar when a royal woman wears cleavage (though I'm not a fan of pregnant women with too much cleavage, but that's personal taste). The dress' color is gorgeous, so are her earrings. :flowers:

Last edited:
Princess Mary is glowing in this dark blue gown and black cape!! She looks stunning from head to toe - updo and earrings are perfect as well!! :flowers: I have a question regarding the fabric of the gown: is it silk or velvet? It looks awesome on her pale complexion!

The gown is silk, cape is velvet.

Sure, it was obvious that the cape was velvet. I just couldn't tell about the gown. It's a beautiful combination of the two fabrics and great choices for an evening event in general. Thanks for replying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom