Crown Princess Mary's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the outfit and make-up. Mary looks very elegant. Her hair looks shiny and healthy, maybe because of the pregnancy.

Now this is the Mary I love. The outfit is so elegant, perfect makeup and just the right amount of jewels.
This is my favorite look of hers in a while......Perfection!!!!

Tres ordinary chic..i want glamour, feathers n' glitter all over..bling me up, my dear, n' i'm yours forever! :wub:

You can forget about that, dear Hermes. It won't happen. She doesn't look bad here, though.

Does Mary ever look glamour? I mean, I saw her in elegant clothes, casual clothes, bad and good outfits, but cannot recall (although cannot say I saw her every outfit) her looking really glamour. Maybe she's just not into that?

Tres ordinary chic..i want glamour, feathers n' glitter all over..bling me up, my dear, n' i'm yours forever! :wub:

Why? She isn't a stupid celebrity with only her assests to show off you know.

I love the concert outfit.

Darlings, she doesn't really rock the so-called "chic" outfits either. She's a simple girl from the Australian province,she could bling it up just a bit to keep us interested..no offence meant..luv u all! :winkiss:

Does Mary ever look glamour? I mean, I saw her in elegant clothes, casual clothes, bad and good outfits, but cannot recall (although cannot say I saw her every outfit) her looking really glamour. Maybe she's just not into that?

The first thing that popped into my head about Mary looking glamorous is her appearance at Prince Charles' 60th birthday party in 2008. As I recall, the dress was the subject of much debate (what isn't around here) but I do think she was going for a glamorous look overall:

Princess Mary Pictures - Guests Arriving For Prince Charles's 60th Birthday Party (USA AN - Zimbio

I agree, though, Mary is a sometimes elegant often classic dresser but not really glamorous per se. I happen to like it that way. :flowers:

Edit: Here is a full-length view

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:19,s:0&biw=1429&bih=847

I think glamour is something that has nothing to do with clothes or jewellery. Either you are glamorous or not. I don't think Mary is a glamorous person and though some here will cry out that I say this because I don't like her, it isn't the case. Because 1) I have never said that I dislike her and 2) there are a few royal ladies that I don't like but nonetheless I find them glamorous.

Marie-Chantal, Crown Princess of Greece is glamorous without an effort..Diana of Wales was naturally glamorous, too. Blackadder has a point, Mary doesn't look glamorous even if she tries hard for it n' that doesn't mean we hate her..i wanna see her marriage succeeding in the end n' why not, maybe become Queen of Denmark one day! Luv n' hugs to u! :wub:

MC isn't a real Princess.
And Mary will become Queen of Denmark, unless she divorces Frederik. No maybe about it.
What does how she dress, have to do with her marriage succeding?

I think glamour is something that has nothing to do with clothes or jewellery. Either you are glamorous or not. I don't think Mary is a glamorous person and though some here will cry out that I say this because I don't like her, it isn't the case. Because 1) I have never said that I dislike her and 2) there are a few royal ladies that I don't like but nonetheless I find them glamorous.

I think you got a point here. Did not think about that. Maybe she's just not the "glamour" person per se. Maybe it's just not her style, not her personality.

personally, I think that too much emphasis is being put on her comparisons to her past 2 pregnancies and this pregnancy. I don't think that anybdoy has taken into mind that her body is way different than with the past 2 pregnancies. She is probably much larger at this time than she was in the past at this stage. she looks as if she is carrying the babies very high this time, as well as probably being wider on the sides this time with the twins. With this in mind, she will probably be dressing much differently than in the past to accomdate these different changes. She is also probably more tired at this stage than she was in the past thus dressing nice probably takes a little more effort. Dressing to impress, with bling, feathers, ect. ect. is probably not high on her list of priorities right now. Dressing nice, and dressing for comfort most likely is.
All I can say is, whatever her maternity style is this time around works for her and that's all that matters. Right now she is performing her job perfectly. She has time to become glamourous later in life when her children are older and she becomes Queen. just my opinion.

personally, I think that too much emphasis is being put on her comparisons to her past 2 pregnancies and this pregnancy. I don't think that anybdoy has taken into mind that her body is way different than with the past 2 pregnancies. She is probably much larger at this time than she was in the past at this stage. she looks as if she is carrying the babies very high this time, as well as probably being wider on the sides this time with the twins. With this in mind, she will probably be dressing much differently than in the past to accomdate these different changes. She is also probably more tired at this stage than she was in the past thus dressing nice probably takes a little more effort. Dressing to impress, with bling, feathers, ect. ect. is probably not high on her list of priorities right now. Dressing nice, and dressing for comfort most likely is.
All I can say is, whatever her maternity style is this time around works for her and that's all that matters. Right now she is performing her job perfectly. She has time to become glamourous later in life when her children are older and she becomes Queen. just my opinion.

I think if she would be opting so much for the comfort or if she would be very tired she would not be wearing the high heels. Heels are not the most comfortable shoes ever, therefore I doubt she thinks about the comfort while dressing. Or at least doesn't seem it's her priority.

well for some, high heels are comfortable. I wore 4 inch pointed toe stilletos up until I went into the hospital to deliver my daughter and that is only because I had her on a Saturday. otherwise I would have been in heels. Once your muscles get used to heels, it is uncomfortable to wear any other shoe that does not have a heel. So to you and others, it may be uncomfortable. For myself and "probably" some others, heels are just the norm and are more comfortable than flats.

well for some, high heels are comfortable. I wore 4 inch pointed toe stilletos up until I went into the hospital to deliver my daughter and that is only because I had her on a Saturday. otherwise I would have been in heels. Once your muscles get used to heels, it is uncomfortable to wear any other shoe that does not have a heel. So to you and others, it may be uncomfortable. For myself and "probably" some others, heels are just the norm and are more comfortable than flats.

No, don't get me wrong, I love heels, I wear heels almost every day, as well as some flat shoes, all depending on what I do, it's not a problem for my muscles to switch from heels to flats and the other way. Actually, both heels and flats are equally comfortable for me.
I just thought that maybe when one is pregnant at some point heels will not be the most comfortable ever.

Evidently, Mary Is comfortable or she wouldn't be foolish enough to wear them. She seems to be able to wear both flats and heels, with equal ease, and be comfortable wearing both. I applaud her. :)

Also, we have to consider that CP Mary is not a typical working mom who goes to a job for over 8 or more hours a day. Her engagements last from 1 hr to 2 hrs max, and most of the time she's sitting down. She doesn't have to take the bus or train or drive to her official duties - she is driven in a luxury vehicle by a chauffeur. She can take the heels off in the car. Her last official engagement...she wore boots. So her footwear varies with the type of official duties.
I've also noticed that there is more space between her official duties now...so it looks like she's going to start winding down.

Well said, Terri, and I agree with you! It is about time that she is winding down and I am happy to see that she is doing so. :)

I see everyone has had time to regroup and we are going to play the glamour card. Funny how this just keeps going round and round.

Also, we have to consider that CP Mary is not a typical working mom who goes to a job for over 8 or more hours a day. Her engagements last from 1 hr to 2 hrs max, and most of the time she's sitting down. She doesn't have to take the bus or train or drive to her official duties - she is driven in a luxury vehicle by a chauffeur. She can take the heels off in the car. Her last official engagement...she wore boots. So her footwear varies with the type of official duties.
I've also noticed that there is more space between her official duties now...so it looks like she's going to start winding down.

Well, that's true. I somehow forgot she isn't really "working" all day long.

She is due in January, correct? So yes, winding down seems like a good idea now. I am guessing the twins must be heavy ;).

the only thing we should to add to the 1 to 2 hour engagment it is the time she takes to get ready considering she has her hair done and make up with her stylist person and asume the cloths had been chosen before hand so between this and the driving and the actual engagment she might dedicate 4 hours a day and not every day, I would call it part time job!by the way which i would love to have!

the only thing we should to add to the 1 to 2 hour engagment it is the time she takes to get ready considering she has her hair done and make up with her stylist person and asume the cloths had been chosen before hand so between this and the driving and the actual engagment she might dedicate 4 hours a day and not every day, I would call it part time job!by the way which i would love to have!

I am right there with you! I love fashion and can only imagine how much fun would I have being able to choose from so many clothes, jewelry, shoes, boots, accessories, etc!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom