Crown Princess Mary's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary looks absolutely smashing at this event and I love the dress no matter where it came from.:flowers: It's elegant and classy.
O/T as far as a Princess loaning or giving away outfits, many times Diana's dresses would be worn by Sarah Ferguson or her sister Sarah.;)

I think that CP Mary would have brought this dress at the same time she brought the jacket. Both the jacket and the dress came from the same designer.
Imageshack - 519sm.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user (Jacket worn in 2005)
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10101004.jpg (Dress from the same 2005 fashion line worn on October 10)

it is from the same collection as a dress:

Clements Ribeiro Spring 2005 Ready-to-Wear Collection Slideshow on Style.com

Denmark doesn't have many designers therefore the outfits would be seen on quite a few people (if gone for Danish designers). Marie & Mary have been seen in same dresses different color. Carine has been seen in the same dress and jacket that Mary owns. To me, its more of shopping at the same place than lending clothes to one another.

The 'scarf/tie/belt/sash' is very good for disguising the bump, escpecially when it has suddenly got a little bigger in the last few days. I'm so envious
I agree, she looks like she is starting to really push out. I like this dress, its different and still flattering. Maybe she has had it a while and not worn it or not been able to fit into it. She did lose a lot of weight.

That green belt is absolutely gorgeous in the grey dress, but it's a summer dress to me not a Autum dress!

Denmark doesn't have many designers therefore the outfits would be seen on quite a few people (if gone for Danish designers). Marie & Mary have been seen in same dresses different color. Carine has been seen in the same dress and jacket that Mary owns. To me, its more of shopping at the same place than lending clothes to one another.

Caroline wore the same Heartmadejacket to the Tivoli, that Mary wore in Aarhus, 2 October 2010 :) I doubt that Mary lent it to her :)

I agree, she looks like she is starting to really push out. I like this dress, its different and still flattering. Maybe she has had it a while and not worn it or not been able to fit into it. She did lose a lot of weight.

I don't quiet understand your post. Mary lost some weight before her marriage, but not during her first pregnancy. (The dress is from 2005)

Caroline wore the same Heartmadejacket to the Tivoli, that Mary wore in Aarhus, 2 October 2010 :) I doubt that Mary lent it to her :)

Exactly, at the end of the day, Mary is dressing from off the rack pieces which like by Malene Birger, heartmade, boss and so on, such brands are affordable and especially affordable by the people in her circle. I mean, come on, its not a couture dress that's going round in circles :lol:

What is the big deal about being seen in the same outfit as someone else? It's ridiculous, if Mary buys off the rack designer clothes, which she does, and mixes with a particular echelon of people that can afford these clothes also, it stands to reason that it will show up on someone else...Most famous case in point, the purple evening gown with wraparound satiny sashes worn by Sarah Ferguson, then shows up on Mary who wears it more than once, you all must know the dress I am referring to?

I am not saying Sarah gave Mary the dress, no, no...but just to make my point that Mary has been seen in a dress photographed on someone else (famous) before her and it is obviously not an issue for Mary...so wearing a hand-me-down from a friend less photographed than her, would not present any problem as far as I'm concerned...

And all I am doing is speculating and having a bit of fun with it, surely it is not an important issue to take so seriously...Your defence of Mary is admirable, but I think she does alright on her own...

If, like you said, they can afford those clothes, why borrow them from each other? If I can afford a completly new dress, I won't borrow a used one. Guess Mary CAN afford a new dress...

Who was defending her? We (i.e. me) were simply disagreeing with your statements, but I do not see defenses in the posts.

I think that CP Mary would have brought this dress at the same time she brought the jacket. Both the jacket and the dress came from the same designer.
Imageshack - 519sm.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user (Jacket worn in 2005)
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10101004.jpg (Dress from the same 2005 fashion line worn on October 10)

Better view of the jacket which was worn in 2005 while pregnant with Prince Christian
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2009/2/~/media/BilledBladet/Gallerier/Billeder/Kongelige/2009/Mary%20gravid/3.ashx

Is it just me but Mary seemed to pay more attention to her wardrobe when she was pregnant 1st and 2nd time. IMO she cares less this time.:ermm:

But she is re-using some of the same maternity clothing that she wore during her first and second pregnancies. At least 2 of the evening dresses (the recent one worn on Sunday, October 10 and the dark brown Prada dress from the Navy dinner in August ) were from 2005 design collections, we just hadn't seen them publicly until this current pregnancy. This 3rd pregnancy is different because of the twins of course, but she's also had 2 previous pregnancies and she's more experienced now. In addition, this current pregnancy may be her last so she may not want to buy so many maternity clothes this time around if she isn't going to be using them again.:flowers:

Very good points, Terri. I certainly have to agree with you! :)

Mary's dress doesn't look that summery and besides pregnant women are always hot due to hormones, as we all know!:flowers: In the dead of winter I went without a coat or had it open while my friends were bundled up, I was always roasting.:flowers:

Is it just me but Mary seemed to pay more attention to her wardrobe when she was pregnant 1st and 2nd time. IMO she cares less this time.:ermm:

I guess maybe she is quite tired and not really focusing on her wardrobe this time round. So far, she has been doing a great job IMO.

But she is re-using some of the same maternity clothing that she wore during her first and second pregnancies. At least 2 of the evening dresses (the recent one worn on Sunday, October 10 and the dark brown Prada dress from the Navy dinner in August ) were from 2005 design collections, we just hadn't seen them publicly until this current pregnancy. This 3rd pregnancy is different because of the twins of course, but she's also had 2 previous pregnancies and she's more experienced now. In addition, this current pregnancy may be her last so she may not want to buy so many maternity clothes this time around if she isn't going to be using them again.:flowers:

I agree totally. They both seem to be elated about the birth of these new babies. Why spend money to buy new clothes when she has a closet full of clothes from Christian and Isabella. I know they stated they wanted many children, but I have found out talking about it and doing it are entirely different. I am sure four will be a wonderful number for them epically since the last two will be twins. Four children under the age of six is going to be a wonderful adventure for all of them. One I am sure they are thinking will be more than enough! I had the joy of keeping a set of nine month old crawling twins twice and it almost killed me. I would find one and lose the other one.:ROFLMAO: I do not know how their mom did it since she had a three year old. I think your fears are unfounded Lakshmi on them not being happy about these babies and her lack of wardrobe wow. They have many more things to worry about like moving, setting up a nursery for two, dealing with the two older ones adjusting and the new babies. MOO my wardrobe would be the lowest priority on my list at this time.

Exactly Dee4855. Well said.

I agree totally. They both seem to be elated about the birth of these new babies. Why spend money to buy new clothes when she has a closet full of clothes from Christian and Isabella. I know they stated they wanted many children, but I have found out talking about it and doing it are entirely different. I am sure four will be a wonderful number for them epically since the last two will be twins. Four children under the age of six is going to be a wonderful adventure for all of them. One I am sure they are thinking will be more than enough! I had the joy of keeping a set of nine month old crawling twins twice and it almost killed me. I would find one and lose the other one.:ROFLMAO: I do not know how their mom did it since she had a three year old. I think your fears are unfounded Lakshmi on them not being happy about these babies and her lack of wardrobe wow. They have many more things to worry about like moving, setting up a nursery for two, dealing with the two older ones adjusting and the new babies. MOO my wardrobe would be the lowest priority on my list at this time.

The only thing is, they are not going to take care of the four kids all by themselves. Your friend with the three year old and twins most probably did it all on her own, whereas Mary will surely have a huge help, a nanny, probably more than one, and such. It's nothing to compare, a commoner and a Princess.

They are very hands on parents. The CP stated the babies all stayed in their bedroom from day one when they were feeding. Being a royal of course is very different than the rest of us, but I do not see them pushing the kids off on others when they try to do so much themselves. We see both parents taking them to school and picking them up, taking them places. They both stated early on they wanted as normal a childhood as possible with their situation. We may see a Nanny with them, but you can tell Mom and Dad are very much in charge when they are there with the children. Just because you are a royal does not mean you are not a hands on parent.

They are very hands on parents. The CP stated the babies all stayed in their bedroom from day one when they were feeding. Being a royal of course is very different than the rest of us, but I do not see them pushing the kids off on others when they try to do so much themselves. We see both parents taking them to school and picking them up, taking them places. They both stated early on they wanted as normal a childhood as possible with their situation. We may see a Nanny with them, but you can tell Mom and Dad are very much in charge when they are there with the children. Just because you are a royal does not mean you are not a hands on parent.

I am not saying they are not. I was refering to your story about your friend with the three year ols and twins. All I am saying is they, being Royals, have way more help, than your friend has. Anyone will admit that. That's why the comparison makes no sense.

Cinderella, I am not getting into a discussion with you I have seen where they go. I do not care if it makes sense to you or not. I am not on this board for you to harp on me about something you do not like or does not make sense to you. I am done now and I hope you are also. I like and admire this family very much, and that is the last I am saying on this subject.

What on earth does Mary's maternity's fashions have to do with whether or not she and Frederik are hands on (or off) parents?

Back on topic....

Most women that I know when they realize that they are on their last pregnancy (after having one or two) don't spend a lot of money on new maternity clothes. Though since Mary is expecting twins, that might change as the pregnancy progresses. Its looks like IMO that she is having good and bad days with her fashion...like most pregnant woman. Some days they feel comfortable and some days not.

Last edited:
What on earth does Mary's maternity's fashions have to do with whether or not she and Frederik are hands on (or off) parents?

Back on topic....

Most women that I know when they realize that they are on their last pregnancy (after having one or two) don't spend a lot of money on new maternity clothes. Though since Mary is expecting twins, that might change as the pregnancy progresses. Its looks like IMO that she is having good and bad days with her fashion...like most pregnant woman. Some days they feel comfortable and some days not.

It all started about how she was not dressing as well as she had before with her previous pregnancy my post 955. Sorry Zonk! I do not know how we got where we are now.

Cinderella, I am not getting into a discussion with you I have seen where they go. I do not care if it makes sense to you or not. I am not on this board for you to harp on me about something you do not like or does not make sense to you. I am done now and I hope you are also. I like and admire this family very much, and that is the last I am saying on this subject.

That wasn't nice. All I did was respond to your posts. Not my fault we're different and we don't agree. We are both entitled to our own opinions though.

I think somehow we got into a discussion not quite in the topic though.

Back on topic....

Zonk darling, she is not most women you know. she's a CROWN PRINCESS, I want more aplomb, lively outfits, elegance, glamour! If you wear Prada, Chanel and divine Louboutin heels, then you must show us that you're worth it.

I came in here seeing that someone new had posted expecting to see new photos of Mary at recent events...Let's just say, i am very disappointed...More Mary maternity clothes! Less talk and chatter!

How many events has she got coming up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom