Crown Princess Mary's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the blouse, but I liked it the most when she wore it at the first time (with white pants I think). With the skirt I didn´t like it at all, and with the pants she chose yesterday it doesn´t look right, IMO.
The coat is too baggy for this look and the shoes don´t match. Overall I find this look pretty bad.

I love this blouse, the colour is lovely and I think really suits Mary, she looks great.

I really don't like Mary in any shade of orange, whether it being like the New Year dress or Hugo Boss dress she has - or apricot or pastel orange. Colors like orange and yellow suit people with darker skin better, or someone with a tan like for example Maxima. People with fair skin tones like for example Mary, Mathilde shouldn't wear orange.

Once she took off the coat, it was ok. Not one of her best looks, but not horrid either

The shoes helped make up for it. And no big deal on the heel height. Obviously she is comfortable wearing heels and there is no danger. I wore 3 inch heels until a week before I delivered and they were my most comfortable shoes. People need to calm down and give her a break!

I like her outfit of the dusky pink top, dark pants, leopard print shoes and great floppy coat (love this coat, looks so warm and comfy)...There is one thing I do like about how Mary dresses and it is that she is not too matchy-matchy...She has eclectic tastes and likes to mix things/patterns/fabric up a bit...I think it was just the right mix of feminine/maternal (pink top), funky (shoes), professionalism (pants) and boho comfort (coat) that really just says Mary Mary Mary!!!

I think it is time for Mary to stop recycling and start moving into true maternity clothes....But, darn it, she Still manages to look good! :)

I think that's what she is doing, she doesn't want to wear maternity clothes

It almost seems that way, doesn't it, Lyndell... ?

I think it's funny (amusing, not strange) to call a Prada handbag "recycled" -- can you imagine using it just once and never again? The sweater is probably the same, though it looks a bit darker in the photo from Australia in August.

I think you'll find those clothes Mary is wearing, jeans and t-shirts are most probably, maternity jeans, with an elastic top or pouch which we can't see under her maternity t-shirts which have more give out out front...They just might not look like maternity wear...Maybe Mary has had enough of empire line tops and baggy shirts?

Mary in Tivoli. October 09, 2010

Full lenght view * The bag

Love the green top. She has the same in a blush pink (worn with a leather skirt). I liked her relaxed look.

I think it is time for Mary to stop recycling and start moving into true maternity clothes....But, darn it, she Still manages to look good! :)

If she can still fit into her clothes why should she go for maternity clothes? Many women these days don't go for the typical maternity outfits but normal clothes in bigger sizes.

I think there is nothing wrong when woman tries to avoid maternity clothing. If her pregnancy allows her why not?:) I personally dislike maternity clothing because I feel frumpy. ;) I can only hope Mary does not squeeze herself in her outfits. :ohmy:

I love the outfit, It does amaze me how she can look very pregnant in some outfits and not in others. :)
I think the same! With some outfits seems she has not belly.

Mary just looks a little too casual for me. Green top is nice, cardigan doesn't match.
I am a big believer that casual can still look put together. I know I'm showing my years!!!

Mary does look amazing, though. Hardly pregnant, and still those great legs.

CP Mary took her kids to the theatre so she's supposed to be casual. It was after all a kids event. And why should she buy maternity clothes if she has clothes that she can still fit into? This would likely be her last pregnancy so it makes no sense to buy a lot of maternity clothing that are not going to be worn again. Actually, the current trend in maternity clothing is to buy the clothes that you usually wear in bigger sizes.
She looks pretty pregnant here!
Kronprinsesse Marys små pirater - Billede 23 | MSN Starlounge

I dont see why Mary has to be dressed up for this event. It was about her relaxing and having a good time. Her outfit is perfect for that. She is wearing jeans on her own free time, the top is very pretty & the sweater is nothing out if the ordinary, its a look anyone if us would pick for the same event.

Mary really has an astonishing body. The fact that she's about 6 months pregnant with twins and still looks so fit... and well, if she can, why not continue wearing normal clothes? Which is what she's doing, and I think it's pretty clear, through her fashion choices, we can see that she is really avoiding to look pregnant, she could emphasize the belly but she isn't at all, she's hiding it .... which I have to say, I think, is a shame! A pregnant women with a big belly is one of the most beautiful things I can think of, so to hide it, I think it's a shame ESPECIALLY as this is probably the last pregnancy she'll ever have.

I don't think that she's hiding her baby bump.:flowers: How can she? When she's out in public, the media focuses on her baby bump all of the time. It is the first thing we as royal watchers look out for as well.:) But even though she's pregnant, she's also still attending to her official duties and I think that she's trying as much as possible to keep the focus on those official events rather than on her growing baby bump!:p For example, at the the Social Prize Ceremony last week, she refused to talk about her twin pregnancy in favor of highlighting the awardees of the various prizes.:)

This was a private occasion, no? Sorry, but I haven't followed her much lately. It's a plain outfit, I can't say more. The bag looks great.

I like the outfit. If Mary can still fit in normal clothes no need to start wearing maternity clothes.

I think you'll find those clothes Mary is wearing, jeans and t-shirts are most probably, maternity jeans, with an elastic top or pouch which we can't see under her maternity t-shirts which have more give out out front...They just might not look like maternity wear...Maybe Mary has had enough of empire line tops and baggy shirts?

I don't think you guys read my post the first time! I think you'll find those jeans and tops ARE maternity wear, just in normal casual style, it's an illusion...Having had four kids myself, I can tell you it is possible to get maternity wear in any style, even slim fit jeans (but they have a elastic waist band that you can't see if you cover them with longer shirts, which Mary has done)...I think it is just everyone's expectations that are way off, which are that she wear semi-formal, blatantly obvious maternity wear, like smock tops and empire waistlines...I think she might just be keeping royal watchers on their toes, by constantly changing her style and experimenting ;)

Mary really has an astonishing body. The fact that she's about 6 months pregnant with twins and still looks so fit... and well, if she can, why not continue wearing normal clothes? Which is what she's doing, and I think it's pretty clear, through her fashion choices, we can see that she is really avoiding to look pregnant, she could emphasize the belly but she isn't at all, she's hiding it .... which I have to say, I think, is a shame! A pregnant women with a big belly is one of the most beautiful things I can think of, so to hide it, I think it's a shame ESPECIALLY as this is probably the last pregnancy she'll ever have.

I don't think she trying to avoid looking pregnant. She can't! She's clearly showing.

Mary's belly is now getting big, must be a heck of a strain on a women's body carrying two babies. Mary is nice and fit, which should help her cope.

The dress and belt seems to be from the same fabric as the Clements Ribeiro jacket Mary wore on August 11, 2005 when she was at a Munthe and Simmonsen fashion show with Anja and Helle :)

On my computer screen, the background of the dress looks like a dark gray. I can also see green in the leaf print of the dress, which would be why part of the sash has green in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom