Crown Princess Mary's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lovely, simple, classic. The brooch is a nice touch.

I really love both tops. They drape nicely and Mary looks lovely in them. But then again, she looks amazing in pretty much anything she wears IMO.

Not the best color for her and definetly not the the best neckline, it makes her look pale and sick.

I don't like the color of this dress. CP Mary looks pale :sad:

I feel like Mary got up that day and said, "I'm tired of wearing maternity clothes. Let's get back into the regular stuff." ;) Her bump creates pulling in the fabric and especially the pockets. The color is OK, but I would have spiced it up with a brightly colored scarf. Not her best maternity look. :whistling:

Suits Mary better than the model whose wearing it.
I love the fact that she's still wearing "business woman" clothes through her pregnancy.

I completely agree with you. When I saw the picture of the model versus the shot of Mary wearing this dress, I thought how much nicer Mary wore it. I, too, also love that she's still wearing tailored clothing through her pregnancy.

Great shoes, too!

I like the gray dress and love the shoes. The dress is a bit tight because of her being pregnant, but to wear it, being almost 5 and a half months pregnant with twins is remarkable. Actually, it makes me kind of want to barf because I could never get away with it if you saw me.;)

Not a massive fan of the the dress as i find it abit tight on Mary at this stage in her pregnancy - also the colour washes her out
At least she looks like a princess, a bit pale but a princess. She's allways correct!

I soo agree with you, MYK! CP Mary is is the epitome of how a princess should dress and rarely does she make a mistake. She is always elegant, chic, and regal, IMHO.

The grey dress isn't a maternity dress and you see it easily at the pockets. It is too tight around the waist. It would be a lovely dress for a not pregnant woman but looks just too tight for a pregnant one. ;)

:previous: I totally agree, Princess Beatrix. It doesn't look right for a pregnant woman at all. Simply too tight.

Lovely coat. Mary has that special glow back again.

Have always loved this coat, and today it looks as lovely as ever. I wonder if the buttons have been moved or it still fits, just lifts in the right place for her tummy?

IMO she dresses a bit as if she doesn't want to appear pregnant. Great outfit, love the shoes and coat!

I'd never expect to see this coat on Mary while pregnant, simply because the coat seemed/looked fitted when she was no expecting.
It's a beautiful coat & the detailing is very pretty.

The coat seems to close fairly high up the waist.
So, the only place where there is still enough room to close a coat when pregnant.

The outfit looked very nice yesterday, and the coat always looks beautiful.

IMO she dresses a bit as if she doesn't want to appear pregnant. Great outfit, love the shoes and coat!

Maybe she wants to wear non-maternity clothes for as long as possible. At some point in the very near future she won't be able to hide her pregnancy even if she wanted to!

I think that this pregnancy with her twins will be Mary's last pregnancy and she is using clothes from her existing wardrobe that still fit at this stage. At some stage, she will go off on maternity leave and will not need clothing for official events anymore. No sense in buying a whole lot of maternity clothes if you're not going to use them again.
As a matter of fact, the new outfits that we have seen her in can be altered to when she isn't pregnant - smart move!

Maybe she wants to wear non-maternity clothes for as long as possible. At some point in the very near future she won't be able to hide her pregnancy even if she wanted to!

I think it is quite sensible that she is using "normal" clothes as much as she can, so she can buy fewer maternity clothes.

I think it is quite sensible that she is using "noirmal" clothes as much as she can, so she can buy fewer maternity clothes.

and since they still fit, why not wear them :)
I do see her wearing differently when she is in her later stages of her pregnancy.

I love the details on the coat. On the collar and sleeves. It's a great coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom