The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
How her putting her hand on her belly is considered to have anything to do with a photo of Demi Moore I am totally missing. Mary is fully dressed in a beautiful red gown. Seeing a mommy to be with her hand on her pregnant belly is not something unusual. I see women do that all the time. There was nothing indecent about any outfit she had on. The gold gown was just beautiful on her and very royal looking. The red gown is very close to many gowns of that style we have seen her wearing.
Demi Moore when she was pregnant posed like that but she was covered in body paint. So that is what the comparison is about. I makes no sense to me either I stood that way when pregnant well before Demi.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the red velvet gown, itīs so stunning.
And, donīt hate me, I think she looks indeed like Demi Moore, but for me thatīs a compliment! Demi was as pretty when she was pregnant as Mary is

I didnīt like the cover picture, but the others are quite fine. Love the one with Mary and Isabella in the floor.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 12-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

did anyone found the vogue in one of thestores here in the US?
Old 12-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
Demi moore didn't invent that pose I'm pretty sure I stood like that when I was pregnant and so have a lot of other women. It could be she was just comfortable like that nothing to do with Demi.
I agree... for someone who's as pregnant as Mary esp with twins, comfort is really the only way to go no matter what.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm sorry to say this, but I personally dislike the pose and the dress (from what I can see). Though I normally find that red looks great on Mary, the material of this dress looks somehow cheap to me.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
Demi Moore when she was pregnant posed like that but she was covered in body paint. So that is what the comparison is about. I makes no sense to me either I stood that way when pregnant well before Demi.
Thank you 4pam and princess carmen. Another something about nothing that has to do with Mary. I love to see pregnant moms hug their babies like that. That bond you have with your precious gift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
did anyone found the vogue in one of thestores here in the US?
Some were talking about looking for it and finding it on the main thread ashelen.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
I love the red velvet gown, itīs so stunning.
And, donīt hate me, I think she looks indeed like Demi Moore, but for me thatīs a compliment! Demi was as pretty when she was pregnant as Mary is

I didnīt like the cover picture, but the others are quite fine. Love the one with Mary and Isabella in the floor.
There was no cover picture. This is the cover http://abo.vogue.de/_files/images/dy...11_120x156.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
I'm sorry to say this, but I personally dislike the pose and the dress (from what I can see). Though I normally find that red looks great on Mary, the material of this dress looks somehow cheap to me.
It is velvet.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Most likely and velvet isn't my cup of tea in general. Especially not in red.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:34 AM
Serene Highness

hehe, I can partly understand that
Old 12-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Nobility

I thought Mary looked beautiful in the gold dress. So did her family. I didn't care for the boxes/set, but they all looked really nice. I can't believe she is so tiny for being so far along in her pregnancy! And with twins, no doubt!
Old 12-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

{edit}

In general and especially in this context I find the gold dress decadent and, together with the hairstyle, makes Mary look like a tinsel angel.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I could call myself a Mary Fan, but even I can except the fact that she doesn't look right in particular outfits. You can't be perfect enough to look gorgeus in every outfit can you?

Everyone is allowed their own opinion and nobody should be attacked for what they write.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Aristocracy

Well said, Lumutqueen.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Well said, indeed, Lumut. I agree with you 100%. I am a Mary fan, but even She cannot look great in everything she wears. She is only human, after all.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Well said, indeed, Lumut. I agree with you 100%. I am a Mary fan, but even She cannot look great in everything she wears. She is only human, after all.
Yes, I agree as well. It's that old saying: Nobody's perfect. If some would just realize how true that saying is, life would be easier
Old 12-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

NO body's perfect. Period. It's as easy as that, isn't it Cinderella? :)
Old 12-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Administrator

From where I stand, its not that everyone thinks she is perfect as she is certainly not. There may be a few who take it to a different degree but that is not the case for everyone

The issue is that in some cases (from what I can observe) is that sometimes the criticism is a bit much and really unnecessary.

Saying that you don't care for Mary's outfit for the Vogue shoot is legit, saying that you question on whether or not such a shoot cheapens the monarchy is legit as well...BUT placing all the blame on Mary (as well as the economic situation that the world faces it on) when Frederik is sitting right next to her smilling is a big much. Last I checked, he was born in the DRF so he should (one would hope) have a better idea of what is and what is not acceptable in the DRF.

The fact is since the beginning of time there have been the haves and the have not. And if you are going to hammer Mary for flaunting her wealth than it should be something that goes across the board. And from where I stand (and I view a lot of the threads) that doesn't happen and so some people feel like Mary is being targeted. And frankly, that does come across in a lot of the Mary threads. And that does not happen in the Letizia and/or Charlene threads. They have their own issues but its nothing like Mary.

And frankly, all of this is off topic, so I expect the Fashion mods to do something with this as well.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
Yes, I agree as well. It's that old saying: Nobody's perfect. If some would just realize how true that saying is, life would be easier
And the most important, it's about time we make this forum a better place for everyone. More democratic, more pluralistic, more FAIR! Remember Voltaire? 'I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it'. Anything else is just excuses and childish, classless attitudes towards fellow posters.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
And the most important, it's about time we make this forum a better place for everyone. More democratic, more pluralistic, more FAIR! Remember Voltaire? 'I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it'. Anything else is just excuses and childish, classless attitudes towards fellow posters.
I agree with you Noor. Not liking someone's outfit doesn't mean that they are attacking someone. Everyone's entitled to their opinion whether everyone agrees with that opinion or not. Mary has worn some beautiful clothes, but just like everyone else on earth, she's also worn things that didn't look good on her. I like her in the color red, for example, but that red velvet dress in the Vogue shoot looked kind of cheap IMO. The red dress that she wore to the gala before her wedding, on the other hand, was absolutely beautiful. I loved that purple velvet cape that she wore to that recent military event, but the dress underneath was too low cut for my taste. Purple and red are definitely her best colors IMO. Sometimes her clothes look nice and sometimes they don't. Not a big deal.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:10 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I liked Mary's Vogue shoot gowns and thought she looked beautiful especially with her hair pulled back and sort of curled. I know there's a separate thread, but I'm commenting on her gowns only except I viewed the entire shoot as a "tongue in cheek" shoot which Vogue is famous for.

Tags
crown princess mary, maternity fashion