The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Isabella is at the side of the picture and has seemingly been cut out.
If you look at this picture, 3rd to the bottom and is entitled Royal Style, you can see Isabella in a white ballerina dress.
http://www.vogue.de/suche/1/0/0/mary%2Band%2Bfrederik

Old 12-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Courtier

Why is everyone so shocked it looks posed and photo shopped. It was a magazine shoot just like the one Charlene had done recently. They are going to be posed and photo shopped. They were doing what they were asked to do by the photographer and Vogue.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

For my taste there's too much gold and light beige colors in that picture, so the dress can't really shine. I like the cut of the gown, not sure about the material.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Larger photo

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Ed7KEPTG8b.../s1600/552.jpg
Old 12-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I don't like it. Mary wears a gown of the same colour as the walls and boxes. The whole picture look so fake .
Old 12-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
Why is everyone so shocked it looks posed and photo shopped. It was a magazine shoot just like the one Charlene had done recently. They are going to be posed and photo shopped. They were doing what they were asked to do by the photographer and Vogue.
Yes, Charlenes Tatler pictures are equally awful. But by chosing these kind of magazines its clear what kind of pictures the royals in question would get: tacky and airbrushed posing. In this case the choice of magazin reveals the personal taste
Old 12-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Serene Highness

Oh well, again the posts in this thread have nothing to do with fashion...
Old 12-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Oh well, again the posts in this thread have nothing to do with fashion...
Vouge is a fashion magazine and they did a photoshoot for Vouge. It has a lot to do with the fashion.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

Talking about Charlenes Tatler photos, and all the airbrushing involved isn't about fashion.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Talking about Charlenes Tatler photos, and all the airbrushing involved isn't about fashion.
I can agree about Charlene, as it doesn't belong here, but, after all, the Vouge shoot was a fashion shoot, with the airbrushig involved. I guess mentioning the photoshoping is just stating opinions on how the fashion shoot looks to some.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
But it's quite a bit about style, IMO. And most of the threads are called "XY's fashion and style" ...
Old 12-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Yes, Charlenes Tatler pictures are equally awful. But by chosing these kind of magazines its clear what kind of pictures the royals in question would get: tacky and airbrushed posing. In this case the choice of magazin reveals the personal taste
A personal taste shared by a lot or royals then? According to Zonk (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1175987 #125 royals have appeared in Vogue since 1909. The choice of magazine can hardly be major news then

The pics are fun, edgy and nice to look at. Love the similar colour theme reflected in the colour of the boxes and Mary's dress.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I couldn't agree more, UserDane! I love the whole idea... it's different and fun, for a change. Nothing stuffy here.. lol
Old 12-15-2010, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I recall that nice Vogue photoshoot shortly after F&M wedding. Those pictures were just wonderful, like if they were taken from a fairy tale, and Mary´s dresses were awsome.
This photo, however, is so tacky and awful. The golden dress like courtains, Isabella as a ballerina, all those glitters all around and the jewells...just too much, awful taste. Only Christian looks good, IMO.
I don´t know who is the photographer, but this isn´t a good job (imo, of course )

Old 12-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Courtier

I don't think the photographer should cop all the flak, after all big shoots like this employ the services of a team of stylists...All the photographer does is point and shoot...blame the stylists if you are not happy!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Well, I really don´t know the making-of of these kind of shoots, but I´ve always though that the photographer was the one that thinks how the photos should be, and the others (ex. the stylists) thinks about the clothes, situation and so according to him...Anyway, there´s no need to blame anybody, I´ve just say that I don´t like the photos, some others can like them, it´s a matter of taste. Also, Mary and Frederick should have liked them, if they´ve published them (once again, I´m thinking that the client also have the right to decide about the final result), and I wouldn´t blame them for that.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Serene Highness

I think Fred and Mary were having fun not being so serious and if they hadn't approved the pictures wouldn't have been made public.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Wheee, Good for you, princess carmen! Tis the season to be jolly, and I believe that is just what Frederik and Mary had in mind with this almost tongue in cheek photo. There will be plenty of "formal" photos taken after the twins are born!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

airbrush or not, photoshop or no taky or not, I like the photos! wish I could have the same photos and look so gorgeous like Mary! just i think Isabella it is a little far away but who knows may be the photographer took the photo of each separtely and after he placed in the bacground as he wanted, doesn not mean that they were all at the same time in that psotion.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Nobility

This family is picturesque. They all withhold and have a remarking atmosphere. I really employ all the gala into my well being coming here to the forum witnessing their attest. I like them and wish them forever to serve and lead in the eyes of us men. They are great and astounding. Someday maybe we will see a gathering and devotion from the people of the land. Cheers to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
More pics of Mary, Frederick & the children; scroll down

myroyal's

Tags
crown princess mary, maternity fashion