The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88hermes View Post
Tres ordinary chic..i want glamour, feathers n' glitter all over..bling me up, my dear, n' i'm yours forever!
Why? She isn't a stupid celebrity with only her assests to show off you know.

I love the concert outfit.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Gentry

Darlings, she doesn't really rock the so-called "chic" outfits either. She's a simple girl from the Australian province,she could bling it up just a bit to keep us interested..no offence meant..luv u all!

Old 11-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
Does Mary ever look glamour? I mean, I saw her in elegant clothes, casual clothes, bad and good outfits, but cannot recall (although cannot say I saw her every outfit) her looking really glamour. Maybe she's just not into that?
The first thing that popped into my head about Mary looking glamorous is her appearance at Prince Charles' 60th birthday party in 2008. As I recall, the dress was the subject of much debate (what isn't around here) but I do think she was going for a glamorous look overall:

Princess Mary Pictures - Guests Arriving For Prince Charles's 60th Birthday Party (USA AN - Zimbio

I agree, though, Mary is a sometimes elegant often classic dresser but not really glamorous per se. I happen to like it that way.

Edit: Here is a full-length view

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1429&bih=847
Old 11-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
Does Mary ever look glamour? I mean, I saw her in elegant clothes, casual clothes, bad and good outfits, but cannot recall (although cannot say I saw her every outfit) her looking really glamour. Maybe she's just not into that?
I think glamour is something that has nothing to do with clothes or jewellery. Either you are glamorous or not. I don't think Mary is a glamorous person and though some here will cry out that I say this because I don't like her, it isn't the case. Because 1) I have never said that I dislike her and 2) there are a few royal ladies that I don't like but nonetheless I find them glamorous.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88hermes View Post
Tres ordinary chic..i want glamour, feathers n' glitter all over..bling me up, my dear, n' i'm yours forever!
You would really want to see her dressed like this? You must be joking.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Gentry

Marie-Chantal, Crown Princess of Greece is glamorous without an effort..Diana of Wales was naturally glamorous, too. Blackadder has a point, Mary doesn't look glamorous even if she tries hard for it n' that doesn't mean we hate her..i wanna see her marriage succeeding in the end n' why not, maybe become Queen of Denmark one day! Luv n' hugs to u!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

MC isn't a real Princess.
And Mary will become Queen of Denmark, unless she divorces Frederik. No maybe about it.
What does how she dress, have to do with her marriage succeding?
Old 11-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
I think glamour is something that has nothing to do with clothes or jewellery. Either you are glamorous or not. I don't think Mary is a glamorous person and though some here will cry out that I say this because I don't like her, it isn't the case. Because 1) I have never said that I dislike her and 2) there are a few royal ladies that I don't like but nonetheless I find them glamorous.
I think you got a point here. Did not think about that. Maybe she's just not the "glamour" person per se. Maybe it's just not her style, not her personality.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Courtier

personally, I think that too much emphasis is being put on her comparisons to her past 2 pregnancies and this pregnancy. I don't think that anybdoy has taken into mind that her body is way different than with the past 2 pregnancies. She is probably much larger at this time than she was in the past at this stage. she looks as if she is carrying the babies very high this time, as well as probably being wider on the sides this time with the twins. With this in mind, she will probably be dressing much differently than in the past to accomdate these different changes. She is also probably more tired at this stage than she was in the past thus dressing nice probably takes a little more effort. Dressing to impress, with bling, feathers, ect. ect. is probably not high on her list of priorities right now. Dressing nice, and dressing for comfort most likely is.
All I can say is, whatever her maternity style is this time around works for her and that's all that matters. Right now she is performing her job perfectly. She has time to become glamourous later in life when her children are older and she becomes Queen. just my opinion.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Now this is the Mary I love. The outfit is so elegant, perfect makeup and just the right amount of jewels.
This is my favorite look of hers in a while......Perfection!!!!
Everything is just perfect, even the jewels.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
personally, I think that too much emphasis is being put on her comparisons to her past 2 pregnancies and this pregnancy. I don't think that anybdoy has taken into mind that her body is way different than with the past 2 pregnancies. She is probably much larger at this time than she was in the past at this stage. she looks as if she is carrying the babies very high this time, as well as probably being wider on the sides this time with the twins. With this in mind, she will probably be dressing much differently than in the past to accomdate these different changes. She is also probably more tired at this stage than she was in the past thus dressing nice probably takes a little more effort. Dressing to impress, with bling, feathers, ect. ect. is probably not high on her list of priorities right now. Dressing nice, and dressing for comfort most likely is.
All I can say is, whatever her maternity style is this time around works for her and that's all that matters. Right now she is performing her job perfectly. She has time to become glamourous later in life when her children are older and she becomes Queen. just my opinion.
I think if she would be opting so much for the comfort or if she would be very tired she would not be wearing the high heels. Heels are not the most comfortable shoes ever, therefore I doubt she thinks about the comfort while dressing. Or at least doesn't seem it's her priority.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Courtier

well for some, high heels are comfortable. I wore 4 inch pointed toe stilletos up until I went into the hospital to deliver my daughter and that is only because I had her on a Saturday. otherwise I would have been in heels. Once your muscles get used to heels, it is uncomfortable to wear any other shoe that does not have a heel. So to you and others, it may be uncomfortable. For myself and "probably" some others, heels are just the norm and are more comfortable than flats.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
well for some, high heels are comfortable. I wore 4 inch pointed toe stilletos up until I went into the hospital to deliver my daughter and that is only because I had her on a Saturday. otherwise I would have been in heels. Once your muscles get used to heels, it is uncomfortable to wear any other shoe that does not have a heel. So to you and others, it may be uncomfortable. For myself and "probably" some others, heels are just the norm and are more comfortable than flats.
No, don't get me wrong, I love heels, I wear heels almost every day, as well as some flat shoes, all depending on what I do, it's not a problem for my muscles to switch from heels to flats and the other way. Actually, both heels and flats are equally comfortable for me.
I just thought that maybe when one is pregnant at some point heels will not be the most comfortable ever.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Evidently, Mary Is comfortable or she wouldn't be foolish enough to wear them. She seems to be able to wear both flats and heels, with equal ease, and be comfortable wearing both. I applaud her. :)
Old 11-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Courtier

Also, we have to consider that CP Mary is not a typical working mom who goes to a job for over 8 or more hours a day. Her engagements last from 1 hr to 2 hrs max, and most of the time she's sitting down. She doesn't have to take the bus or train or drive to her official duties - she is driven in a luxury vehicle by a chauffeur. She can take the heels off in the car. Her last official engagement...she wore boots. So her footwear varies with the type of official duties.
I've also noticed that there is more space between her official duties now...so it looks like she's going to start winding down.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Well said, Terri, and I agree with you! It is about time that she is winding down and I am happy to see that she is doing so. :)
Old 11-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Courtier

I see everyone has had time to regroup and we are going to play the glamour card. Funny how this just keeps going round and round.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Also, we have to consider that CP Mary is not a typical working mom who goes to a job for over 8 or more hours a day. Her engagements last from 1 hr to 2 hrs max, and most of the time she's sitting down. She doesn't have to take the bus or train or drive to her official duties - she is driven in a luxury vehicle by a chauffeur. She can take the heels off in the car. Her last official engagement...she wore boots. So her footwear varies with the type of official duties.
I've also noticed that there is more space between her official duties now...so it looks like she's going to start winding down.
Well, that's true. I somehow forgot she isn't really "working" all day long.

She is due in January, correct? So yes, winding down seems like a good idea now. I am guessing the twins must be heavy .
Old 11-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

the only thing we should to add to the 1 to 2 hour engagment it is the time she takes to get ready considering she has her hair done and make up with her stylist person and asume the cloths had been chosen before hand so between this and the driving and the actual engagment she might dedicate 4 hours a day and not every day, I would call it part time job!by the way which i would love to have!
Old 11-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
the only thing we should to add to the 1 to 2 hour engagment it is the time she takes to get ready considering she has her hair done and make up with her stylist person and asume the cloths had been chosen before hand so between this and the driving and the actual engagment she might dedicate 4 hours a day and not every day, I would call it part time job!by the way which i would love to have!
I am right there with you! I love fashion and can only imagine how much fun would I have being able to choose from so many clothes, jewelry, shoes, boots, accessories, etc!!

Tags
crown princess mary, maternity fashion