The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-28-2010, 04:39 AM
Royal Highness

Some front pictures of the dress (a bit whitened so that the cut of the top is more visible)

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Old 10-28-2010, 07:01 AM
Commoner

The pony tail is very sleek and very much in keeping with the elegant outfit.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by monic View Post
I don't like the top of the dress. And the tights are way too dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
I think lraitelli was just making a point of having a quick no-fuss hairdo/spending time with kids vs complicated style/2 hours later
Quote:
Originally Posted by lraitelli View Post
Thank you AnnaNotherThing. I don't appreciate the ludicrous comments when I merely mean that she probably needed a "no fuss" style. Can we show a little more grace around here?

One thing: she is a Crown Princess, representing her country, wherever she goes (unless it's a strict private event). Therefore she cannot afford a "quick no-fuss" style.
Besides, highly doubt she was getting ready between spending time with kids. Most likely someone (nanny, perhaps?) took care of them, while Mary was getting ready. I am quite certain she has enough time during the day to do both properly.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Agreed. I highly doubt that Mary would be reading to her children and have to pull her hair back and dash out the door! Sounds a little ludicrous to me...

Perhaps she didn't do the ponytail herself, but she might have done it, after she read a story to her children A ponytail is no big deal, if I am capable of doing it, she is, too
Old 10-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Mary needs a hair dresser to do a ponytail? I can understand having one for a state event where a tiara is needed, but not to do a ponytail.

And i'm sure Mary would read her children a bed time story.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Aristocracy

IMO it looks as if she had her hair styled but then for some reason put it in a ponytail last minute.

As for reading bed time stories I am sure she does but it wouldn't suprise me at all if Frederik reads to them as well especially when Mary is getting ready.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
Highly doubt she did her own hair. Most likely her hairdresser did it, as usual.
Well, of course. I don't imagine any of the CPS do their own hair for the most part. I have the impression that Mary spends a lot of time with her children She seems like a wonderful loving mom
Old 10-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness

Unless Mary states it (which is unlikely to happen) we probably won't learn who really did the ponytail - Mary herself or someone else .
The point is the hairstyle was nice and most of us like it.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Aristocracy

I like the dress, hair and jewelery.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
One thing: she is a Crown Princess, representing her country, wherever she goes (unless it's a strict private event). Therefore she cannot afford a "quick no-fuss" style.
Besides, highly doubt she was getting ready between spending time with kids. Most likely someone (nanny, perhaps?) took care of them, while Mary was getting ready. I am quite certain she has enough time during the day to do both properly.
I don't think number of bobby pins used or time spent doing hairstyle equates to level of prestige...I think the expectation that the Crown Princess needs complicated hairstyles to match her status is ridiculous...Aren't the royals the ones that make the rules?...So if Mary wants to wear a simple style to a formal event, isn't that HER perogative and not the place of commoners to look down their noses and say, 'Hmm, the princess not styled and royal enough...humpf!'

It's just weird to even worry about those things that have no bearing on anything important at all?!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don't think number of bobby pins used or time spent doing hairstyle equates to level of prestige...I think the expectation that the Crown Princess needs complicated hairstyles to match her status is ridiculous...Aren't the royals the ones that make the rules?...So if Mary wants to wear a simple style to a formal event, isn't that HER perogative and not the place of commoners to look down their noses and say, 'Hmm, the princess not styled and royal enough...humpf!'

It's just weird to even worry about those things that have no bearing on anything important at all?!
Interesting... I remember reading many posts stating this or that Princess isn't dressed well enough / too simple for her status. This time I think that about Mary. Her hairstyle wasn't good enough for the event. Was too simple.

Besides: no, not today, my dear. Times when royals were making the rules are long gone.

It is my privilege to state my opinion, on Mary or anyone who is a public figure. On a dress, style, hair-do, make-up, behavior... anything.

This is fashion thread, and her hair style is a part of her fashion, therefore my comments ARE and WILL BE regarding her fashion, not something more important. A place for something more important is in a different thread.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Courtier

Were is it written in the Royal Hairstyle Manual that an evening style should be a certain way? It's Mary's choice, that's what I meant about making the rules...being royal today is more about personal choice and doing it your own way rather than being constrained by some archaic outdated historical guidelines...

As for the importance of Mary's hair, well, I am sure not many of the audience members at the concert (or whatever it was) were preoccupied and aghast that the Princess had a ponytail...I am sure they were more focused on other things, so not that important, relatively speaking...
Old 10-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Were is it written in the Royal Hairstyle Manual that an evening style should be a certain way? It's Mary's choice, that's what I meant about making the rules...being royal today is more about personal choice and doing it your own way rather than being constrained by some archaic outdated historical guidelines...

As for the importance of Mary's hair, well, I am sure not many of the audience members at the concert (or whatever it was) were preoccupied and aghast that the Princess had a ponytail...I am sure they were more focused on other things, so not that important, relatively speaking...
Once again, I was stating my personal opinion on how Mary's hair looked that night. For me, it was too simple. Where and when did I say, it was not her way, not her choice? I said, and I still think so, it was her hairdresser who put them in a ponytail, but never said it was not her choice. How do I know? How do anybody? I can only speculate, which I did.

To answer your question: I don't know, never read one, you? Do you know, assuming the Royal Hairstyle Manual exists, what is and what is not written there? Your irony was unnecessary, believe me...

And once again, why would I care what the audience was / was not preoccupied with that night? I stated my opinion on Mary's hairstyle, in the thread that is suitable for such a statemenet. Afterall, THIS IS a fashion thread
Old 10-29-2010, 02:27 AM
Royal Highness

My opnion is that the ponytail looked fine for the occasion. It was after all a 'made-up' ponytail, not a randomly made one - the same way that Letizia's ponytail in Monic's avatar is made up and looks fine and suitable for an evening event. Victoria uses ponytails all the time - too many times for my liking I admit - but I see nothing wrong with a ponytail that is beautifully made and only used as a variation of other evening hair-dos.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:46 AM
Courtier

Thank you! Personally I am indifferent to it...Doesn't move me either way and in general hair styles/issues never do...I am more interested in clothes and shoes
Old 10-29-2010, 04:25 AM
Courtier

Funny how some liked the ponytail on CP Letizia when she wore it the other night, yet Mary gets criticized for wearing the same hairstyle a few days later. What is good for one CP is not good enough for another? Different rules for different ones? I think Mary and Letizia both looked lovely with their ponytails. They were not your normal throw your hair in a ponytail and run out the door. I also have a right to my own opinion. It is lucky that I have a good memory on previous post on ponytails. It there is any doubt about previous post check CP Letizia evening wear thread page 13 I believe post 244.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Ahh dee4855 some people are like that, Victoria is well known for her ponytail and I think some people get critical of something when it occurs too often. But I don't think Mary wears a ponytail too often.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Ahh dee4855 some people are like that, Victoria is well known for her ponytail and I think some people get critical of something when it occurs too often. But I don't think Mary wears a ponytail too often.
I know Lumutqueen. Mary looked beautiful the other night just as Letizia did. It just galls me how it is OK for CP Letizia, yet be so critical of Mary for wearing the same hairstyle a few nights later. How all of a sudden it is not appropriate for a CP. They were both attending formal functions, both had on a LBD.

We have all gotten used to Victoria wearing a ponytail and most do not care for it. We know that is just Victoria. All of us complaining is not going to change a thing as far as she is concerned.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Put some people suit ponytails more than others, perhaps that's what other posters were saying.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
Funny how some liked the ponytail on CP Letizia when she wore it the other night, yet Mary gets criticized for wearing the same hairstyle a few days later. What is good for one CP is not good enough for another? Different rules for different ones? I think Mary and Letizia both looked lovely with their ponytails. They were not your normal throw your hair in a ponytail and run out the door. I also have a right to my own opinion. It is lucky that I have a good memory on previous post on ponytails. It there is any doubt about previous post check CP Letizia evening wear thread page 13 I believe post 244.
Dee,you have stolen the words from my mouth.
Anyway,Mary dress was pretty,her hair was nice too
She looks very nice for a 6th month pregnant woman with twins.

Tags
crown princess mary, maternity fashion