The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
I love the outfit, but I think the pale coat would be nicer in a brighter color. The style of it is nice.

Today's event must be an incredibly humbling visit for the CP couple, or for anyone for that matter. I can't imagine visiting these men trying to rebuild their lives after injuries and amputation and not being moved.
I do love the coat (in this color but other versions would be nice too). Its cut is very professional, besides; Mary looks very pretty when pregnant.
I also agree with you, Emmily, that Mary (and Frederic for sure as well) looked very touched while interacting with the injured soldiers.

A bigger photo of the lovely coat:
Mary et Frederik de Danemark visitaient, le 26 octobre 2010, le centre de rééducation dédié aux

Old 10-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

October 26, 2010 - Mary in a black empire cut short dress.
I find the dress very boring. I find the hair pulled back nicely and put in a nice ponytail.

Hair ** Full view ** Close up

Old 10-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
October 26, 2010 - Mary in a black empire cut short dress.
I find the dress very boring. I find the hair pulled back nicely and put in a nice ponytail.

Hair ** Full view ** Close up
Hard to see the dress. Make-up seems too strong, esp in the first picture. Don't like the necklace.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Boring?? On the contrary. I find Mary to be well dressed and elegant, as usual. Love her hair and necklace. (What I find boring are the plates that the food is served on in the first pic... Yuck)
Old 10-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Courtier

Boring? Perhaps...but practical, comfortable and event appropriate, YES...Here we go with the contradictory posts...When she was squeezing into non-maternity dresses, people were asking her to wear more pregnancy-appropriate clothing...Now that she is, she is criticised for not being interesting...Can't win?
Old 10-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

An elegant black dress is never boring IMO. I think Mary looks gorgeous. I would so love to see her with a very simple diamond riviere necklace, not that I don't like the black one shes wearing, I just think this is the perfect occasion for a simple diamond necklace!(It doesn't need to be big stones even)
Old 10-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kudos to you, Anna, for a well written post!!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
An elegant black dress is never boring IMO. I think Mary looks gorgeous. I would so love to see her with a very simple diamond riviere necklace, not that I don't like the black one shes wearing, I just think this is the perfect occasion for a simple diamond necklace!(It doesn't need to be big stones even)
Yes I just wish they would all ditch their costume jewellery and wear
at least one simple piece that is real jewels.

I personally do not like it when the princesses put their hair in a ponytail.
To me it is a cope out.

The little short jacket was cute, camel / beige is very much in, but a bright
colour would have been so nice. It would have given some brightness in
such a sombre place.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
And?
Does she have to wear million pound jewellery every day?
No she does not. But if you go and look into any high end jewelry store or just nice departments stores like, Neiman Marcus, Berdorfs, Bloomingdales or Saks, you will see in their finer jewelry section a lot of these rather gaudy huge flowery rings in bold colors with a high price tag [some in the thousand range]. I don't really like but I think that they could be fun. So, I actually don't believe that Mary is wear the $4.95 model from Woolworths or QVC or M & S. But, even if she was, so what. It's fun to go a bit over the top with things every once-in-awhile.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I like both ensembles. The trousers and short jacket were right for visiting disabled Veterans because it allows Mary to bend or squat to talk to the soldiers yet it was an overly casual look.
You can't go wrong with a black dress. The necklace I didn't mind although a diamond necklace would have been pretty or her wedding tiara converted into the necklace. I like her hair pulled back in that way.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I love the dress, just wish it would have been in a colour rather than black.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

All black is bad!
The dress is OK, but not actually my cup of tea! The make-up is way too dark even for an evening time. The hair, not really working as an evening hairdo.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:37 AM
Royal Highness

No, all black is definitely not bad The most elegant clothes are often made in black.

But if you notice most of the other ladies present, Mary and Marie are both dressing very much according to the 'unofficial Scandinavian winter dressing code'. When it is dark most of the time outside, we tend to wear really dark colours, lots of black.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
Boring? Perhaps...but practical, comfortable and event appropriate, YES...Here we go with the contradictory posts...When she was squeezing into non-maternity dresses, people were asking her to wear more pregnancy-appropriate clothing...Now that she is, she is criticised for not being interesting...Can't win?
Practical true & I dont read any contradictory posts so far. I thought that discussion was over about the maternity outfits or not

Im not a fan of black dresses and I think you loose all the beautiful details when its in black but thats my opinion.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Boring?? On the contrary. I find Mary to be well dressed and elegant, as usual. Love her hair and necklace. (What I find boring are the plates that the food is served on in the first pic... Yuck)

I find her dress very elegant and very suitable for her pregnancy. The necklace is beautiful but I am not a fan of her poney tail.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:45 AM
Royal Highness

I agree with both of you. The black dress suits perfectly for the event and so does the necklace. I think the make-up is strong but it's a nice change for a pregnant woman. The ponytail is fine by me.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Someone said cute and I agree I like this look and love the hair.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Commoner

Ponytail or not? At six months pregnant, two small children, end of the day event I might go for a ponytail simply because lack of time might dictate a quick, easy fix. If it came down to reading a story to my kids or sitting in front of a mirror and taking time to style my hair I would read the book, pull my hair back and dash out the door. Go, Mary, Go!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Royal Highness

I like the hair, make-up and necklace. The dress is appropriate for occasion, elegant. I wish to see some color on CP (accessories maybe) but overall is ok.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Mary looks great, a little black dress is a classic, I love the necklace, the outfit would be boring without it.

Tags
crown princess mary, maternity fashion