Crown Princess Mary's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone so shocked it looks posed and photo shopped. It was a magazine shoot just like the one Charlene had done recently. They are going to be posed and photo shopped. They were doing what they were asked to do by the photographer and Vogue.

For my taste there's too much gold and light beige colors in that picture, so the dress can't really shine. I like the cut of the gown, not sure about the material.

Why is everyone so shocked it looks posed and photo shopped. It was a magazine shoot just like the one Charlene had done recently. They are going to be posed and photo shopped. They were doing what they were asked to do by the photographer and Vogue.

Yes, Charlenes Tatler pictures are equally awful. But by chosing these kind of magazines its clear what kind of pictures the royals in question would get: tacky and airbrushed posing. In this case the choice of magazin reveals the personal taste :eek:

Oh well, again the posts in this thread have nothing to do with fashion...

Talking about Charlenes Tatler photos, and all the airbrushing involved isn't about fashion.

Talking about Charlenes Tatler photos, and all the airbrushing involved isn't about fashion.

I can agree about Charlene, as it doesn't belong here, but, after all, the Vouge shoot was a fashion shoot, with the airbrushig involved. I guess mentioning the photoshoping is just stating opinions on how the fashion shoot looks to some.

But it's quite a bit about style, IMO. And most of the threads are called "XY's fashion and style" ...

Yes, Charlenes Tatler pictures are equally awful. But by chosing these kind of magazines its clear what kind of pictures the royals in question would get: tacky and airbrushed posing. In this case the choice of magazin reveals the personal taste :eek:
A personal taste shared by a lot or royals then? According to Zonk (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...art-8-october-2010-a-29064-7.html#post1175987 #125 royals have appeared in Vogue since 1909. The choice of magazine can hardly be major news then:cool:

The pics are fun, edgy and nice to look at. Love the similar colour theme reflected in the colour of the boxes and Mary's dress.

I couldn't agree more, UserDane! I love the whole idea... it's different and fun, for a change. Nothing stuffy here.. lol

I recall that nice Vogue photoshoot shortly after F&M wedding. Those pictures were just wonderful, like if they were taken from a fairy tale, and Mary´s dresses were awsome.
This photo, however, is so tacky and awful. The golden dress like courtains, Isabella as a ballerina, all those glitters all around and the jewells...just too much, awful taste. Only Christian looks good, IMO.
I don´t know who is the photographer, but this isn´t a good job (imo, of course :flowers:)

I don't think the photographer should cop all the flak, after all big shoots like this employ the services of a team of stylists...All the photographer does is point and shoot...blame the stylists if you are not happy! ;)

Well, I really don´t know the making-of of these kind of shoots, but I´ve always though that the photographer was the one that thinks how the photos should be, and the others (ex. the stylists) thinks about the clothes, situation and so according to him...Anyway, there´s no need to blame anybody, I´ve just say that I don´t like the photos, some others can like them, it´s a matter of taste. Also, Mary and Frederick should have liked them, if they´ve published them (once again, I´m thinking that the client also have the right to decide about the final result), and I wouldn´t blame them for that.

Last edited:
I think Fred and Mary were having fun not being so serious and if they hadn't approved the pictures wouldn't have been made public.

Wheee, Good for you, princess carmen! Tis the season to be jolly, and I believe that is just what Frederik and Mary had in mind with this almost tongue in cheek photo. There will be plenty of "formal" photos taken after the twins are born!

airbrush or not, photoshop or no taky or not, I like the photos! wish I could have the same photos and look so gorgeous like Mary! just i think Isabella it is a little far away but who knows may be the photographer took the photo of each separtely and after he placed in the bacground as he wanted, doesn not mean that they were all at the same time in that psotion.

This family is picturesque. They all withhold and have a remarking atmosphere. I really employ all the gala into my well being coming here to the forum witnessing their attest. I like them and wish them forever to serve and lead in the eyes of us men. They are great and astounding. Someday maybe we will see a gathering and devotion from the people of the land. Cheers to you. :rainbow: :unicorn:

More pics of Mary, Frederick & the children; scroll down

myroyal's

Last edited:
Love the red dress on Mary. She really looks fantastic.

I am speechless. The beauty of ALL of these photos are just beyond belief, imo. Thank you for sharing these, 4Pam.

These photos are rather off the wall, and certainly not what we have come to expect from this family, but I love them. Very tongue in cheek and fun. You can tell they had a good time doing them and are throwing us a wink and asking us to come along and smile with them. ;)

00320m.jpg
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2011RTW-TRUNHOF/#slide=31
I think this is the dress?

Love the red dress photo of Mary and her bump looks so tiny to have twins in there!...so maybe they really will come in January, as stated ;) Mary might just 'pop out' in the next few weeks...

Great find ashelen! It is a really beautiful gown and suits Mary very well.

Great find ashelen! It is a really beautiful gown and suits Mary very well.
Thank you dee4855 ! I think Mary looks stunning and in the red dress too! I wonder how many people work on her to look so fablous!

Thank you dee4855 ! I think Mary looks stunning and in the red dress too! I wonder how many people work on her to look so fablous!

The red dress is amazing on her. To be that beautiful and that pregnant is not something I can wrap my mind around. I bet it is not as many as we would think to get her that glam. She has such beautiful hair I bet it is just making the decision on the style they are wanting. We all know how gorgeous her skin is so that would not be to hard either. I wonder if these are her gowns since it did not say fashion designer names under the photos, or if they brought them for her. Either way she looked so beautiful. :flowers:

I really like all the dresses that Mary wore for these photos. She's so elegant and beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom