The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentino1012 View Post
Zonk darling, she is not most women you know. she's a CROWN PRINCESS, I want more aplomb, lively outfits, elegance, glamour! If you wear Prada, Chanel and divine Louboutin heels, then you must show us that you're worth it.
I love seeing Mary wearing designer clothes as much as the next person. However, for all intents and purposes this is perhaps her last pregnancy. What's the point of buying new designer clothes that she may never wear again.

And since Mary is a WOMAN regardless if she is a Crown Princess, a Supreme Court Justice or some lady on the street.....any WOMAN pregnant with twins is going to go with comfort in looking for her pregnancy clothes. Regardless of the designer label.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Zonk darling, she is not most women you know. she's a CROWN PRINCESS, I want more aplomb, lively outfits, elegance, glamour! If you wear Prada, Chanel and divine Louboutin heels, then you must show us that you're worth it.
She's a Crown Princess not a celebrity, so no, she shouldn't be strutting around at every opportunity showing 'us' she is worth the cloth she wears by arranging a wardrobe consisting entirely of high end designer labels. Any such vindiction is not necessary and would be quite unbecoming of a woman in her position.

There are, as we are all aware, certain expectations of how someone in public life should act and dress, and Mary does this with much aplomb no matter the cost or label.

As was stated by Zonk, it is logical that any woman, regardless of their occupation or station in life, should wear what is most comfortable to them whilst pregnant. If it's a label, then great. If it's not, then who really should care? It does not change who they are or what they represent as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, I, like yourself, enjoying seeing these women dressed to the nines, and dripping in diamonds where possible, but it's a naive expectation that everything they wear should be of a high end fashion price tag.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Mary is in the position of other Princesses now, she's damned if she comes out with an all new maternity wardrobe as being a spendthrift and damned if she recycles outfits from past pregnancies or recycled altered outfits for pregnancy.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
How many events has she got coming up?
October 25th - HRH Crown Princess is the patron present during the presentation of the Christmas Seal 2010 at the National Museum, Copenhagen at 14:00pm.
October 26th - Royal Couple hold concert for representatives of the Danish research and science in Fredensborg Palace Church, followed by supper at Fredensborg Castle. Crown Prince couple and HRH Princess Marie participating in the event at. 19.00.
November 1st - H.K.H. Crown Princess Mary hands over the government's Integration Awards at the Circus Building, 8 Railway Street, Copenhagen at. 15.40.
November 3 - H.K.H. Crown Princess will report, as patron visits Danish Refugee Network Lærdansk and Integrationsnet at Lærdansk, 32 East Street, Cape pm. 11.00.
November 6 - H.K.H. Crown Princess participates in Children Heart Fund Scholarship Distribution in Eksperimentarium, Hellerup.

Every CP is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Everyone has their opinions on royal outfits, but Mary is a Crown Princess and not a celebrity.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:09 AM
Courtier

So far I liked almost all of her pregnancy outfits. For my taste I think she wore a good mixture of recycled and new clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Well spotted Terri Terri. The members of TRF's never fail to amaze and delight me
That is why I do like this page so much. You guys are amazing! Mary's dress was so familiar to me but I knew I never it on her before so it made me wonder. Now when I see the picture of the jacket I know that I saw not the dress but the style and fabric on her before. Thank you Terri Terri :-)
Old 10-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Courtier

5 more events!!! Yippee, more opportunities to see that great maternity style that Mary is famous for and that people love about her

3 daytime, 1 evening and 1 for kids...we should see lots of variety then...Bring it on!
Old 10-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Serene Highness

Perhaps some more will be added for November and December :)
Old 10-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Serene Highness

When is she due?
Old 10-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

The first part of December. I doubt very much that we will see her out in December! She will probably not be seen in November either as twins tend to come early.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Excellent post! I haven't followed her during her other two pregnancies, but from what I have seen so far, her maternity fashion doesn't really fascinate me. She tends to mix up things a lot leaving me speechless most of the times. Perhaps she thinks she's being trendy and hip-hop, she doesn't persuade me though. JMO
Old 10-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
When is she due?
Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
The first part of December. I doubt very much that we will see her out in December! She will probably not be seen in November either as twins tend to come early.
Officially, she is due in January.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Courtier

http://i53.tinypic.com/30c3er9.jpg

What the heck is a blouse doing underneath an otherly wise very nice dress?!?!?!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Perhaps that is the way the dress is.
It looks very nice, and Mary does not look pregnant.

With a coat
Old 10-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe she was cold!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Royal Highness

I like the outfit with the coat. Not sure about the blouse. Her hair look great.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Royal Highness

She looks almost indecently good for a 6 months twin pregnant soon-to-be-mother-of-four I am not keen on the small black sleeves but just love the beautiful blue colour of the blouse underneath.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Ha! I was just talking about her mixing up things, fabrics, colours in an odd way. Now look at that! I bought a similar black dress from Zara and I simply combined it with a white shirt underneath. Can't be so difficult to see that this blue see-through blouse looks just odd with this dress. Coat, bag and hair are very pretty.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsh1n3 View Post
Maybe she was cold!
Than she could've wear a long sleeve dress. This combination looks odd and do not match.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I think she looks great.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I dont really like the outfit but her hair and make up are quite nice today.

Tags
crown princess mary, maternity fashion