The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #941  
Old 10-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown, Barbados
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I think that CP Mary would have brought this dress at the same time she brought the jacket. Both the jacket and the dress came from the same designer.
Imageshack - 519sm.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user (Jacket worn in 2005)
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10101004.jpg (Dress from the same 2005 fashion line worn on October 10)
Better view of the jacket which was worn in 2005 while pregnant with Prince Christian
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2009/2/~/media/BilledBladet/Gallerier/Billeder/Kongelige/2009/Mary%20gravid/3.ashx
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #942  
Old 10-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Cinderella5x's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, United States
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post

Jacket is cute, but still too much of the prints for me.
__________________

__________________
NOTHING IS FORGOTTEN... NOTHING IS EVER FORGOTTEN...
But what is truth? Not easy to define. We both have truths, are yours the same as mine?
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE! Feed an animal in need, click for free: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Reply With Quote
  #943  
Old 10-12-2010, 09:39 PM
lyndell75's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern California, United States
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
She looks cute there
__________________
Violet Flower
Reply With Quote
  #944  
Old 10-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
Is it just me but Mary seemed to pay more attention to her wardrobe when she was pregnant 1st and 2nd time. IMO she cares less this time.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Reply With Quote
  #945  
Old 10-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown, Barbados
Posts: 662
But she is re-using some of the same maternity clothing that she wore during her first and second pregnancies. At least 2 of the evening dresses (the recent one worn on Sunday, October 10 and the dark brown Prada dress from the Navy dinner in August ) were from 2005 design collections, we just hadn't seen them publicly until this current pregnancy. This 3rd pregnancy is different because of the twins of course, but she's also had 2 previous pregnancies and she's more experienced now. In addition, this current pregnancy may be her last so she may not want to buy so many maternity clothes this time around if she isn't going to be using them again.
Reply With Quote
  #946  
Old 10-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Troy, United States
Posts: 3,948
Very good points, Terri. I certainly have to agree with you! :)
Reply With Quote
  #947  
Old 10-13-2010, 02:06 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Omaha, United States
Posts: 1,691
Cool

Mary's dress doesn't look that summery and besides pregnant women are always hot due to hormones, as we all know! In the dead of winter I went without a coat or had it open while my friends were bundled up, I was always roasting.
Reply With Quote
  #948  
Old 10-13-2010, 02:29 AM
ada's Avatar
ada ada is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: pomona, Australia
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I think that CP Mary would have brought this dress at the same time she brought the jacket. Both the jacket and the dress came from the same designer.
Imageshack - 519sm.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user (Jacket worn in 2005)
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10101004.jpg (Dress from the same 2005 fashion line worn on October 10)
Well spotted Terri Terri. The members of TRF's never fail to amaze and delight me
Reply With Quote
  #949  
Old 10-13-2010, 06:27 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
Is it just me but Mary seemed to pay more attention to her wardrobe when she was pregnant 1st and 2nd time. IMO she cares less this time.
I guess maybe she is quite tired and not really focusing on her wardrobe this time round. So far, she has been doing a great job IMO.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #950  
Old 10-13-2010, 01:00 PM
dee4855's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
But she is re-using some of the same maternity clothing that she wore during her first and second pregnancies. At least 2 of the evening dresses (the recent one worn on Sunday, October 10 and the dark brown Prada dress from the Navy dinner in August ) were from 2005 design collections, we just hadn't seen them publicly until this current pregnancy. This 3rd pregnancy is different because of the twins of course, but she's also had 2 previous pregnancies and she's more experienced now. In addition, this current pregnancy may be her last so she may not want to buy so many maternity clothes this time around if she isn't going to be using them again.
I agree totally. They both seem to be elated about the birth of these new babies. Why spend money to buy new clothes when she has a closet full of clothes from Christian and Isabella. I know they stated they wanted many children, but I have found out talking about it and doing it are entirely different. I am sure four will be a wonderful number for them epically since the last two will be twins. Four children under the age of six is going to be a wonderful adventure for all of them. One I am sure they are thinking will be more than enough! I had the joy of keeping a set of nine month old crawling twins twice and it almost killed me. I would find one and lose the other one. I do not know how their mom did it since she had a three year old. I think your fears are unfounded Lakshmi on them not being happy about these babies and her lack of wardrobe wow. They have many more things to worry about like moving, setting up a nursery for two, dealing with the two older ones adjusting and the new babies. MOO my wardrobe would be the lowest priority on my list at this time.
Reply With Quote
  #951  
Old 10-13-2010, 01:42 PM
4Pam's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 2,965
Exactly Dee4855. Well said.
Reply With Quote
  #952  
Old 10-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Cinderella5x's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, United States
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
I agree totally. They both seem to be elated about the birth of these new babies. Why spend money to buy new clothes when she has a closet full of clothes from Christian and Isabella. I know they stated they wanted many children, but I have found out talking about it and doing it are entirely different. I am sure four will be a wonderful number for them epically since the last two will be twins. Four children under the age of six is going to be a wonderful adventure for all of them. One I am sure they are thinking will be more than enough! I had the joy of keeping a set of nine month old crawling twins twice and it almost killed me. I would find one and lose the other one. I do not know how their mom did it since she had a three year old. I think your fears are unfounded Lakshmi on them not being happy about these babies and her lack of wardrobe wow. They have many more things to worry about like moving, setting up a nursery for two, dealing with the two older ones adjusting and the new babies. MOO my wardrobe would be the lowest priority on my list at this time.
The only thing is, they are not going to take care of the four kids all by themselves. Your friend with the three year old and twins most probably did it all on her own, whereas Mary will surely have a huge help, a nanny, probably more than one, and such. It's nothing to compare, a commoner and a Princess.
__________________
NOTHING IS FORGOTTEN... NOTHING IS EVER FORGOTTEN...
But what is truth? Not easy to define. We both have truths, are yours the same as mine?
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE! Feed an animal in need, click for free: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Reply With Quote
  #953  
Old 10-13-2010, 06:19 PM
dee4855's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 623
They are very hands on parents. The CP stated the babies all stayed in their bedroom from day one when they were feeding. Being a royal of course is very different than the rest of us, but I do not see them pushing the kids off on others when they try to do so much themselves. We see both parents taking them to school and picking them up, taking them places. They both stated early on they wanted as normal a childhood as possible with their situation. We may see a Nanny with them, but you can tell Mom and Dad are very much in charge when they are there with the children. Just because you are a royal does not mean you are not a hands on parent.
Reply With Quote
  #954  
Old 10-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Cinderella5x's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, United States
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
They are very hands on parents. The CP stated the babies all stayed in their bedroom from day one when they were feeding. Being a royal of course is very different than the rest of us, but I do not see them pushing the kids off on others when they try to do so much themselves. We see both parents taking them to school and picking them up, taking them places. They both stated early on they wanted as normal a childhood as possible with their situation. We may see a Nanny with them, but you can tell Mom and Dad are very much in charge when they are there with the children. Just because you are a royal does not mean you are not a hands on parent.
I am not saying they are not. I was refering to your story about your friend with the three year ols and twins. All I am saying is they, being Royals, have way more help, than your friend has. Anyone will admit that. That's why the comparison makes no sense.
__________________
NOTHING IS FORGOTTEN... NOTHING IS EVER FORGOTTEN...
But what is truth? Not easy to define. We both have truths, are yours the same as mine?
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE! Feed an animal in need, click for free: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Reply With Quote
  #955  
Old 10-13-2010, 08:30 PM
dee4855's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 623
Cinderella, I am not getting into a discussion with you I have seen where they go. I do not care if it makes sense to you or not. I am not on this board for you to harp on me about something you do not like or does not make sense to you. I am done now and I hope you are also. I like and admire this family very much, and that is the last I am saying on this subject.
Reply With Quote
  #956  
Old 10-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,330
What on earth does Mary's maternity's fashions have to do with whether or not she and Frederik are hands on (or off) parents?

Back on topic....

Most women that I know when they realize that they are on their last pregnancy (after having one or two) don't spend a lot of money on new maternity clothes. Though since Mary is expecting twins, that might change as the pregnancy progresses. Its looks like IMO that she is having good and bad days with her fashion...like most pregnant woman. Some days they feel comfortable and some days not.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #957  
Old 10-13-2010, 08:41 PM
dee4855's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
What on earth does Mary's maternity's fashions have to do with whether or not she and Frederik are hands on (or off) parents?

Back on topic....

Most women that I know when they realize that they are on their last pregnancy (after having one or two) don't spend a lot of money on new maternity clothes. Though since Mary is expecting twins, that might change as the pregnancy progresses. Its looks like IMO that she is having good and bad days with her fashion...like most pregnant woman. Some days they feel comfortable and some days not.
It all started about how she was not dressing as well as she had before with her previous pregnancy my post 955. Sorry Zonk! I do not know how we got where we are now.
Reply With Quote
  #958  
Old 10-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Cinderella5x's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, United States
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
Cinderella, I am not getting into a discussion with you I have seen where they go. I do not care if it makes sense to you or not. I am not on this board for you to harp on me about something you do not like or does not make sense to you. I am done now and I hope you are also. I like and admire this family very much, and that is the last I am saying on this subject.
That wasn't nice. All I did was respond to your posts. Not my fault we're different and we don't agree. We are both entitled to our own opinions though.

I think somehow we got into a discussion not quite in the topic though.
__________________
NOTHING IS FORGOTTEN... NOTHING IS EVER FORGOTTEN...
But what is truth? Not easy to define. We both have truths, are yours the same as mine?
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE! Feed an animal in need, click for free: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Reply With Quote
  #959  
Old 10-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
What on earth does Mary's maternity's fashions have to do with whether or not she and Frederik are hands on (or off) parents?

Back on topic....

Most women that I know when they realize that they are on their last pregnancy (after having one or two) don't spend a lot of money on new maternity clothes. Though since Mary is expecting twins, that might change as the pregnancy progresses. Its looks like IMO that she is having good and bad days with her fashion...like most pregnant woman. Some days they feel comfortable and some days not.
Zonk darling, she is not most women you know. she's a CROWN PRINCESS, I want more aplomb, lively outfits, elegance, glamour! If you wear Prada, Chanel and divine Louboutin heels, then you must show us that you're worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #960  
Old 10-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 615
I came in here seeing that someone new had posted expecting to see new photos of Mary at recent events...Let's just say, i am very disappointed...More Mary maternity clothes! Less talk and chatter!

How many events has she got coming up?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
crown princess mary, maternity fashion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 4: September 2008 - January 2009 dazzling Archives 429 01-03-2009 10:06 AM
Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 3: March - September 2008 dazzling Archives 396 09-13-2008 10:58 AM
Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - May 2008 Josefine Archives 396 05-29-2008 04:18 PM
Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 2: June 2007 - March 2008 Mandy Archives 399 03-28-2008 11:44 AM
Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2004 - June 2007 tornadoes Archives 669 06-21-2007 03:55 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit biography catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece haakon kate middleton king abdullah ii king abdullah in australia king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander madeleine member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess marie fashion princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises