The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I think that CP Mary would have brought this dress at the same time she brought the jacket. Both the jacket and the dress came from the same designer.
Imageshack - 519sm.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user (Jacket worn in 2005)
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10101004.jpg (Dress from the same 2005 fashion line worn on October 10)
Better view of the jacket which was worn in 2005 while pregnant with Prince Christian
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2009/2/~/media/BilledBladet/Gallerier/Billeder/Kongelige/2009/Mary%20gravid/3.ashx

Old 10-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Jacket is cute, but still too much of the prints for me.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Gentry

Quote:
She looks cute there
Old 10-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Serene Highness

Is it just me but Mary seemed to pay more attention to her wardrobe when she was pregnant 1st and 2nd time. IMO she cares less this time.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Courtier

But she is re-using some of the same maternity clothing that she wore during her first and second pregnancies. At least 2 of the evening dresses (the recent one worn on Sunday, October 10 and the dark brown Prada dress from the Navy dinner in August ) were from 2005 design collections, we just hadn't seen them publicly until this current pregnancy. This 3rd pregnancy is different because of the twins of course, but she's also had 2 previous pregnancies and she's more experienced now. In addition, this current pregnancy may be her last so she may not want to buy so many maternity clothes this time around if she isn't going to be using them again.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Very good points, Terri. I certainly have to agree with you! :)
Old 10-13-2010, 02:06 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Mary's dress doesn't look that summery and besides pregnant women are always hot due to hormones, as we all know! In the dead of winter I went without a coat or had it open while my friends were bundled up, I was always roasting.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I think that CP Mary would have brought this dress at the same time she brought the jacket. Both the jacket and the dress came from the same designer.
Imageshack - 519sm.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user (Jacket worn in 2005)
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10101004.jpg (Dress from the same 2005 fashion line worn on October 10)
Well spotted Terri Terri. The members of TRF's never fail to amaze and delight me
Old 10-13-2010, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
Is it just me but Mary seemed to pay more attention to her wardrobe when she was pregnant 1st and 2nd time. IMO she cares less this time.
I guess maybe she is quite tired and not really focusing on her wardrobe this time round. So far, she has been doing a great job IMO.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
But she is re-using some of the same maternity clothing that she wore during her first and second pregnancies. At least 2 of the evening dresses (the recent one worn on Sunday, October 10 and the dark brown Prada dress from the Navy dinner in August ) were from 2005 design collections, we just hadn't seen them publicly until this current pregnancy. This 3rd pregnancy is different because of the twins of course, but she's also had 2 previous pregnancies and she's more experienced now. In addition, this current pregnancy may be her last so she may not want to buy so many maternity clothes this time around if she isn't going to be using them again.
I agree totally. They both seem to be elated about the birth of these new babies. Why spend money to buy new clothes when she has a closet full of clothes from Christian and Isabella. I know they stated they wanted many children, but I have found out talking about it and doing it are entirely different. I am sure four will be a wonderful number for them epically since the last two will be twins. Four children under the age of six is going to be a wonderful adventure for all of them. One I am sure they are thinking will be more than enough! I had the joy of keeping a set of nine month old crawling twins twice and it almost killed me. I would find one and lose the other one. I do not know how their mom did it since she had a three year old. I think your fears are unfounded Lakshmi on them not being happy about these babies and her lack of wardrobe wow. They have many more things to worry about like moving, setting up a nursery for two, dealing with the two older ones adjusting and the new babies. MOO my wardrobe would be the lowest priority on my list at this time.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Exactly Dee4855. Well said.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
I agree totally. They both seem to be elated about the birth of these new babies. Why spend money to buy new clothes when she has a closet full of clothes from Christian and Isabella. I know they stated they wanted many children, but I have found out talking about it and doing it are entirely different. I am sure four will be a wonderful number for them epically since the last two will be twins. Four children under the age of six is going to be a wonderful adventure for all of them. One I am sure they are thinking will be more than enough! I had the joy of keeping a set of nine month old crawling twins twice and it almost killed me. I would find one and lose the other one. I do not know how their mom did it since she had a three year old. I think your fears are unfounded Lakshmi on them not being happy about these babies and her lack of wardrobe wow. They have many more things to worry about like moving, setting up a nursery for two, dealing with the two older ones adjusting and the new babies. MOO my wardrobe would be the lowest priority on my list at this time.
The only thing is, they are not going to take care of the four kids all by themselves. Your friend with the three year old and twins most probably did it all on her own, whereas Mary will surely have a huge help, a nanny, probably more than one, and such. It's nothing to compare, a commoner and a Princess.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Courtier

They are very hands on parents. The CP stated the babies all stayed in their bedroom from day one when they were feeding. Being a royal of course is very different than the rest of us, but I do not see them pushing the kids off on others when they try to do so much themselves. We see both parents taking them to school and picking them up, taking them places. They both stated early on they wanted as normal a childhood as possible with their situation. We may see a Nanny with them, but you can tell Mom and Dad are very much in charge when they are there with the children. Just because you are a royal does not mean you are not a hands on parent.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
They are very hands on parents. The CP stated the babies all stayed in their bedroom from day one when they were feeding. Being a royal of course is very different than the rest of us, but I do not see them pushing the kids off on others when they try to do so much themselves. We see both parents taking them to school and picking them up, taking them places. They both stated early on they wanted as normal a childhood as possible with their situation. We may see a Nanny with them, but you can tell Mom and Dad are very much in charge when they are there with the children. Just because you are a royal does not mean you are not a hands on parent.
I am not saying they are not. I was refering to your story about your friend with the three year ols and twins. All I am saying is they, being Royals, have way more help, than your friend has. Anyone will admit that. That's why the comparison makes no sense.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Courtier

Cinderella, I am not getting into a discussion with you I have seen where they go. I do not care if it makes sense to you or not. I am not on this board for you to harp on me about something you do not like or does not make sense to you. I am done now and I hope you are also. I like and admire this family very much, and that is the last I am saying on this subject.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Administrator

What on earth does Mary's maternity's fashions have to do with whether or not she and Frederik are hands on (or off) parents?

Back on topic....

Most women that I know when they realize that they are on their last pregnancy (after having one or two) don't spend a lot of money on new maternity clothes. Though since Mary is expecting twins, that might change as the pregnancy progresses. Its looks like IMO that she is having good and bad days with her fashion...like most pregnant woman. Some days they feel comfortable and some days not.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
What on earth does Mary's maternity's fashions have to do with whether or not she and Frederik are hands on (or off) parents?

Back on topic....

Most women that I know when they realize that they are on their last pregnancy (after having one or two) don't spend a lot of money on new maternity clothes. Though since Mary is expecting twins, that might change as the pregnancy progresses. Its looks like IMO that she is having good and bad days with her fashion...like most pregnant woman. Some days they feel comfortable and some days not.
It all started about how she was not dressing as well as she had before with her previous pregnancy my post 955. Sorry Zonk! I do not know how we got where we are now.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Cinderella, I am not getting into a discussion with you I have seen where they go. I do not care if it makes sense to you or not. I am not on this board for you to harp on me about something you do not like or does not make sense to you. I am done now and I hope you are also. I like and admire this family very much, and that is the last I am saying on this subject.
That wasn't nice. All I did was respond to your posts. Not my fault we're different and we don't agree. We are both entitled to our own opinions though.

I think somehow we got into a discussion not quite in the topic though.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

Back on topic....

Zonk darling, she is not most women you know. she's a CROWN PRINCESS, I want more aplomb, lively outfits, elegance, glamour! If you wear Prada, Chanel and divine Louboutin heels, then you must show us that you're worth it.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Courtier

I came in here seeing that someone new had posted expecting to see new photos of Mary at recent events...Let's just say, i am very disappointed...More Mary maternity clothes! Less talk and chatter!

How many events has she got coming up?

Tags
crown princess mary, maternity fashion