The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #921  
Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown, Barbados
Posts: 662
Publicly, yes. She may have worn it privately in 2005 while pregnant with Prince Christian. Of course she could have also worn it privately in late 2006 or early 2007 as she didn't wear it publicly during her pregnancy with Princess Isabella either. CP Mary sure is getting maximum use out of her old maternity clothes.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #922  
Old 10-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 615
Who exactly knows what or who Mary's sources are for her clothes...Me personally, I don't think she buys all her stuff and she is surrounded by stylish and wealthy friends who can afford such clothes and then when they are finished with them might pass them on to Mary...and vice versa
Possible scenario: it is Caroline Heering's old maternity dresses, her daughters are older, I don't know, 8 years and 6 years, Caroline is not having more children, has a wardrobe spring clean and and Mary's LIW thinks that particular dress might work on Mary and passes it on, and Mary wears it 5 years after it was shown on the catwalks ...So maybe she didn't buy it 5 years ago, maybe it wasn't hers to begin with...These are all the things i like to know about Mary's clothes, their provenance and how she came to acquire them...?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #923  
Old 10-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 127
I don't think that Mary would wear anything passed on to her...if anything she might pass clothes on to her sisters or friends. Or give them to charities. Her husband is wealthy enough to clothe her adequately.
Reply With Quote
  #924  
Old 10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 615
I don't even think wealth has anything to do with it...I think it is more practicality and common sense...Why, if one of Mary's friends, had an awesome designer dress, would they NOT offer it to Mary and why would she NOT wear it...Where is the shame in that? I think Mary is not too proud to accept this kind of token from friends...
Reply With Quote
  #925  
Old 10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown, Barbados
Posts: 662
I think that CP Mary would have brought this dress at the same time she brought the jacket. Both the jacket and the dress came from the same designer.
Imageshack - 519sm.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user (Jacket worn in 2005)
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10101004.jpg (Dress from the same 2005 fashion line worn on October 10)
Reply With Quote
  #926  
Old 10-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
I don't even think wealth has anything to do with it...I think it is more practicality and common sense...Why, if one of Mary's friends, had an awesome designer dress, would they NOT offer it to Mary and why would she NOT wear it...Where is the shame in that? I think Mary is not too proud to accept this kind of token from friends...

Oh no shame at all, under normal circumstances. I just don't think the the Crown Princess of Denmark would care to be photographed in a dress that her friend had owned and also might have been photographed wearing. And perhaps even the reverse might be true.
Reply With Quote
  #927  
Old 10-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Cinderella5x's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, United States
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosana View Post
Oh no shame at all, under normal circumstances. I just don't think the the Crown Princess of Denmark would care to be photographed in a dress that her friend had owned and also might have been photographed wearing. And perhaps even the reverse might be true.
Yes, I do not think it would be something anyone would like to happen, esp if one is a publiuc, well know figure like Mary is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I think that CP Mary would have brought this dress at the same time she brought the jacket. Both the jacket and the dress came from the same designer.
Imageshack - 519sm.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user (Jacket worn in 2005)
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10101004.jpg (Dress from the same 2005 fashion line worn on October 10)
Well, maybe she wore it before, we may just don't know about it. I highly doubt we are able to follow Mary's, or any Princesses for that matter, dress / skirt / blouse etc. Just seems impossible.
__________________
NOTHING IS FORGOTTEN... NOTHING IS EVER FORGOTTEN...
But what is truth? Not easy to define. We both have truths, are yours the same as mine?
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE! Feed an animal in need, click for free: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Reply With Quote
  #928  
Old 10-11-2010, 11:29 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,676
Certenly I don't think her friends would pass her maternity cloths or anyother kind for the fact she can afford to buy anything she wants and still i am sure she gets a lot of presents form the companies, just tu make publicity from them! a lot of times she might not like the cloths but when you got it asa present she might use it anyway even if she doesn't like it!
__________________
Ashelen
Reply With Quote
  #929  
Old 10-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 615
What is the big deal about being seen in the same outfit as someone else? It's ridiculous, if Mary buys off the rack designer clothes, which she does, and mixes with a particular echelon of people that can afford these clothes also, it stands to reason that it will show up on someone else...Most famous case in point, the purple evening gown with wraparound satiny sashes worn by Sarah Ferguson, then shows up on Mary who wears it more than once, you all must know the dress I am referring to?

I am not saying Sarah gave Mary the dress, no, no...but just to make my point that Mary has been seen in a dress photographed on someone else (famous) before her and it is obviously not an issue for Mary...so wearing a hand-me-down from a friend less photographed than her, would not present any problem as far as I'm concerned...

And all I am doing is speculating and having a bit of fun with it, surely it is not an important issue to take so seriously...Your defence of Mary is admirable, but I think she does alright on her own...
Reply With Quote
  #930  
Old 10-12-2010, 01:32 AM
greenways's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 270
Yes, it's just an outfit - there will be another very soon!!
Reply With Quote
  #931  
Old 10-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Omaha, United States
Posts: 1,690
Cool

Mary looks absolutely smashing at this event and I love the dress no matter where it came from. It's elegant and classy.
O/T as far as a Princess loaning or giving away outfits, many times Diana's dresses would be worn by Sarah Ferguson or her sister Sarah.
Reply With Quote
  #932  
Old 10-12-2010, 03:11 AM
sofajr's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Petrozavodsk, Russia
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I think that CP Mary would have brought this dress at the same time she brought the jacket. Both the jacket and the dress came from the same designer.
Imageshack - 519sm.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user (Jacket worn in 2005)
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10101004.jpg (Dress from the same 2005 fashion line worn on October 10)
it is from the same collection as a dress:

Clements Ribeiro Spring 2005 Ready-to-Wear Collection Slideshow on Style.com
Reply With Quote
  #933  
Old 10-12-2010, 04:36 AM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
And all I am doing is speculating and having a bit of fun with it
Uhm, right...

Quote:
Your defence of Mary is admirable, but I think she does alright on her own...
People just stated that they don't agree with your opinion. That doesn't equal defending Mary.
Reply With Quote
  #934  
Old 10-12-2010, 05:56 AM
ada's Avatar
ada ada is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: pomona, Australia
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofajr View Post

The 'scarf/tie/belt/sash' is very good for disguising the bump, escpecially when it has suddenly got a little bigger in the last few days. I'm so envious
Reply With Quote
  #935  
Old 10-12-2010, 06:37 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,317
Denmark doesn't have many designers therefore the outfits would be seen on quite a few people (if gone for Danish designers). Marie & Mary have been seen in same dresses different color. Carine has been seen in the same dress and jacket that Mary owns. To me, its more of shopping at the same place than lending clothes to one another.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #936  
Old 10-12-2010, 07:09 AM
missjane's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
The 'scarf/tie/belt/sash' is very good for disguising the bump, escpecially when it has suddenly got a little bigger in the last few days. I'm so envious
I agree, she looks like she is starting to really push out. I like this dress, its different and still flattering. Maybe she has had it a while and not worn it or not been able to fit into it. She did lose a lot of weight.
Reply With Quote
  #937  
Old 10-12-2010, 08:26 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 3,116
That green belt is absolutely gorgeous in the grey dress, but it's a summer dress to me not a Autum dress!
__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Reply With Quote
  #938  
Old 10-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Denmark doesn't have many designers therefore the outfits would be seen on quite a few people (if gone for Danish designers). Marie & Mary have been seen in same dresses different color. Carine has been seen in the same dress and jacket that Mary owns. To me, its more of shopping at the same place than lending clothes to one another.
Caroline wore the same Heartmadejacket to the Tivoli, that Mary wore in Aarhus, 2 October 2010 :) I doubt that Mary lent it to her :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjane View Post
I agree, she looks like she is starting to really push out. I like this dress, its different and still flattering. Maybe she has had it a while and not worn it or not been able to fit into it. She did lose a lot of weight.
I don't quiet understand your post. Mary lost some weight before her marriage, but not during her first pregnancy. (The dress is from 2005)
Reply With Quote
  #939  
Old 10-12-2010, 11:55 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Caroline wore the same Heartmadejacket to the Tivoli, that Mary wore in Aarhus, 2 October 2010 :) I doubt that Mary lent it to her :)
Exactly, at the end of the day, Mary is dressing from off the rack pieces which like by Malene Birger, heartmade, boss and so on, such brands are affordable and especially affordable by the people in her circle. I mean, come on, its not a couture dress that's going round in circles
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #940  
Old 10-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Cinderella5x's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, United States
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
What is the big deal about being seen in the same outfit as someone else? It's ridiculous, if Mary buys off the rack designer clothes, which she does, and mixes with a particular echelon of people that can afford these clothes also, it stands to reason that it will show up on someone else...Most famous case in point, the purple evening gown with wraparound satiny sashes worn by Sarah Ferguson, then shows up on Mary who wears it more than once, you all must know the dress I am referring to?

I am not saying Sarah gave Mary the dress, no, no...but just to make my point that Mary has been seen in a dress photographed on someone else (famous) before her and it is obviously not an issue for Mary...so wearing a hand-me-down from a friend less photographed than her, would not present any problem as far as I'm concerned...

And all I am doing is speculating and having a bit of fun with it, surely it is not an important issue to take so seriously...Your defence of Mary is admirable, but I think she does alright on her own...
If, like you said, they can afford those clothes, why borrow them from each other? If I can afford a completly new dress, I won't borrow a used one. Guess Mary CAN afford a new dress...

Who was defending her? We (i.e. me) were simply disagreeing with your statements, but I do not see defenses in the posts.
__________________

__________________
NOTHING IS FORGOTTEN... NOTHING IS EVER FORGOTTEN...
But what is truth? Not easy to define. We both have truths, are yours the same as mine?
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE! Feed an animal in need, click for free: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
crown princess mary, maternity fashion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 4: September 2008 - January 2009 dazzling Archives 429 01-03-2009 10:06 AM
Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 3: March - September 2008 dazzling Archives 396 09-13-2008 10:58 AM
Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - May 2008 Josefine Archives 396 05-29-2008 04:18 PM
Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 2: June 2007 - March 2008 Mandy Archives 399 03-28-2008 11:44 AM
Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2004 - June 2007 tornadoes Archives 669 06-21-2007 03:55 PM




Popular Tags
andrew scott cooper ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coronation coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dictatorship duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy murder new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 october and november 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess mette-marit fashion and style queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises