The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Courtier

Publicly, yes. She may have worn it privately in 2005 while pregnant with Prince Christian. Of course she could have also worn it privately in late 2006 or early 2007 as she didn't wear it publicly during her pregnancy with Princess Isabella either. CP Mary sure is getting maximum use out of her old maternity clothes.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Courtier

Who exactly knows what or who Mary's sources are for her clothes...Me personally, I don't think she buys all her stuff and she is surrounded by stylish and wealthy friends who can afford such clothes and then when they are finished with them might pass them on to Mary...and vice versa
Possible scenario: it is Caroline Heering's old maternity dresses, her daughters are older, I don't know, 8 years and 6 years, Caroline is not having more children, has a wardrobe spring clean and and Mary's LIW thinks that particular dress might work on Mary and passes it on, and Mary wears it 5 years after it was shown on the catwalks ...So maybe she didn't buy it 5 years ago, maybe it wasn't hers to begin with...These are all the things i like to know about Mary's clothes, their provenance and how she came to acquire them...?

Old 10-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think that Mary would wear anything passed on to her...if anything she might pass clothes on to her sisters or friends. Or give them to charities. Her husband is wealthy enough to clothe her adequately.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Courtier

I don't even think wealth has anything to do with it...I think it is more practicality and common sense...Why, if one of Mary's friends, had an awesome designer dress, would they NOT offer it to Mary and why would she NOT wear it...Where is the shame in that? I think Mary is not too proud to accept this kind of token from friends...
Old 10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Courtier

I think that CP Mary would have brought this dress at the same time she brought the jacket. Both the jacket and the dress came from the same designer.
Imageshack - 519sm.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user (Jacket worn in 2005)
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10101004.jpg (Dress from the same 2005 fashion line worn on October 10)
Old 10-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
I don't even think wealth has anything to do with it...I think it is more practicality and common sense...Why, if one of Mary's friends, had an awesome designer dress, would they NOT offer it to Mary and why would she NOT wear it...Where is the shame in that? I think Mary is not too proud to accept this kind of token from friends...

Oh no shame at all, under normal circumstances. I just don't think the the Crown Princess of Denmark would care to be photographed in a dress that her friend had owned and also might have been photographed wearing. And perhaps even the reverse might be true.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosana View Post
Oh no shame at all, under normal circumstances. I just don't think the the Crown Princess of Denmark would care to be photographed in a dress that her friend had owned and also might have been photographed wearing. And perhaps even the reverse might be true.
Yes, I do not think it would be something anyone would like to happen, esp if one is a publiuc, well know figure like Mary is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I think that CP Mary would have brought this dress at the same time she brought the jacket. Both the jacket and the dress came from the same designer.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10101004.jpg (Dress from the same 2005 fashion line worn on October 10)
Well, maybe she wore it before, we may just don't know about it. I highly doubt we are able to follow Mary's, or any Princesses for that matter, dress / skirt / blouse etc. Just seems impossible.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Certenly I don't think her friends would pass her maternity cloths or anyother kind for the fact she can afford to buy anything she wants and still i am sure she gets a lot of presents form the companies, just tu make publicity from them! a lot of times she might not like the cloths but when you got it asa present she might use it anyway even if she doesn't like it!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Courtier

What is the big deal about being seen in the same outfit as someone else? It's ridiculous, if Mary buys off the rack designer clothes, which she does, and mixes with a particular echelon of people that can afford these clothes also, it stands to reason that it will show up on someone else...Most famous case in point, the purple evening gown with wraparound satiny sashes worn by Sarah Ferguson, then shows up on Mary who wears it more than once, you all must know the dress I am referring to?

I am not saying Sarah gave Mary the dress, no, no...but just to make my point that Mary has been seen in a dress photographed on someone else (famous) before her and it is obviously not an issue for Mary...so wearing a hand-me-down from a friend less photographed than her, would not present any problem as far as I'm concerned...

And all I am doing is speculating and having a bit of fun with it, surely it is not an important issue to take so seriously...Your defence of Mary is admirable, but I think she does alright on her own...
Old 10-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Nobility

Yes, it's just an outfit - there will be another very soon!!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Mary looks absolutely smashing at this event and I love the dress no matter where it came from. It's elegant and classy.
O/T as far as a Princess loaning or giving away outfits, many times Diana's dresses would be worn by Sarah Ferguson or her sister Sarah.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
it is from the same collection as a dress:

Clements Ribeiro Spring 2005 Ready-to-Wear Collection Slideshow on Style.com
Old 10-12-2010, 04:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
And all I am doing is speculating and having a bit of fun with it
Uhm, right...

Quote:
Your defence of Mary is admirable, but I think she does alright on her own...
People just stated that they don't agree with your opinion. That doesn't equal defending Mary.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofajr View Post

The 'scarf/tie/belt/sash' is very good for disguising the bump, escpecially when it has suddenly got a little bigger in the last few days. I'm so envious
Old 10-12-2010, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Denmark doesn't have many designers therefore the outfits would be seen on quite a few people (if gone for Danish designers). Marie & Mary have been seen in same dresses different color. Carine has been seen in the same dress and jacket that Mary owns. To me, its more of shopping at the same place than lending clothes to one another.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
The 'scarf/tie/belt/sash' is very good for disguising the bump, escpecially when it has suddenly got a little bigger in the last few days. I'm so envious
I agree, she looks like she is starting to really push out. I like this dress, its different and still flattering. Maybe she has had it a while and not worn it or not been able to fit into it. She did lose a lot of weight.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Heir Apparent

That green belt is absolutely gorgeous in the grey dress, but it's a summer dress to me not a Autum dress!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Denmark doesn't have many designers therefore the outfits would be seen on quite a few people (if gone for Danish designers). Marie & Mary have been seen in same dresses different color. Carine has been seen in the same dress and jacket that Mary owns. To me, its more of shopping at the same place than lending clothes to one another.
Caroline wore the same Heartmadejacket to the Tivoli, that Mary wore in Aarhus, 2 October 2010 :) I doubt that Mary lent it to her :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjane View Post
I agree, she looks like she is starting to really push out. I like this dress, its different and still flattering. Maybe she has had it a while and not worn it or not been able to fit into it. She did lose a lot of weight.
I don't quiet understand your post. Mary lost some weight before her marriage, but not during her first pregnancy. (The dress is from 2005)
Old 10-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Caroline wore the same Heartmadejacket to the Tivoli, that Mary wore in Aarhus, 2 October 2010 :) I doubt that Mary lent it to her :)
Exactly, at the end of the day, Mary is dressing from off the rack pieces which like by Malene Birger, heartmade, boss and so on, such brands are affordable and especially affordable by the people in her circle. I mean, come on, its not a couture dress that's going round in circles
Old 10-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
What is the big deal about being seen in the same outfit as someone else? It's ridiculous, if Mary buys off the rack designer clothes, which she does, and mixes with a particular echelon of people that can afford these clothes also, it stands to reason that it will show up on someone else...Most famous case in point, the purple evening gown with wraparound satiny sashes worn by Sarah Ferguson, then shows up on Mary who wears it more than once, you all must know the dress I am referring to?

I am not saying Sarah gave Mary the dress, no, no...but just to make my point that Mary has been seen in a dress photographed on someone else (famous) before her and it is obviously not an issue for Mary...so wearing a hand-me-down from a friend less photographed than her, would not present any problem as far as I'm concerned...

And all I am doing is speculating and having a bit of fun with it, surely it is not an important issue to take so seriously...Your defence of Mary is admirable, but I think she does alright on her own...
If, like you said, they can afford those clothes, why borrow them from each other? If I can afford a completly new dress, I won't borrow a used one. Guess Mary CAN afford a new dress...

Who was defending her? We (i.e. me) were simply disagreeing with your statements, but I do not see defenses in the posts.

Tags
crown princess mary, maternity fashion