The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-10-2010, 01:02 AM
Courtier

I think you'll find those clothes Mary is wearing, jeans and t-shirts are most probably, maternity jeans, with an elastic top or pouch which we can't see under her maternity t-shirts which have more give out out front...They just might not look like maternity wear...Maybe Mary has had enough of empire line tops and baggy shirts?

Old 10-10-2010, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Mary in Tivoli. October 09, 2010

Full lenght view * The bag
Love the green top. She has the same in a blush pink (worn with a leather skirt). I liked her relaxed look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
I think it is time for Mary to stop recycling and start moving into true maternity clothes....But, darn it, she Still manages to look good! :)
If she can still fit into her clothes why should she go for maternity clothes? Many women these days don't go for the typical maternity outfits but normal clothes in bigger sizes.

Old 10-10-2010, 03:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
I think it is time for Mary to stop recycling and start moving into true maternity clothes....But, darn it, she Still manages to look good! :)
I think there is nothing wrong when woman tries to avoid maternity clothing. If her pregnancy allows her why not? I personally dislike maternity clothing because I feel frumpy. I can only hope Mary does not squeeze herself in her outfits.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-10-2010, 05:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Mary in Tivoli. October 09, 2010

Full lenght view * The bag

Mary recylced the Prada bag: August 2010

I think that is recycled even the grey cardigan: August 2010
I love the outfit, It does amaze me how she can look very pregnant in some outfits and not in others.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Yes I think she wore them a few times now. I also remember seeing them with a purple skirt suit and I think also with white pants.
I don't like the coat, but imo the colour of the top is lovely.
CP Mary first wore them in December 2009 with the suit:

Crown+Princess+Mary+Denmark+Visits+Fashion+78DPU7HzwNPl.jpg (image)
331568-la-princesse-mary-de-danemark-a-637x0-2.jpg (image)
Old 10-10-2010, 06:10 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I love the outfit, It does amaze me how she can look very pregnant in some outfits and not in others.
I think the same! With some outfits seems she has not belly.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mary just looks a little too casual for me. Green top is nice, cardigan doesn't match.
I am a big believer that casual can still look put together. I know I'm showing my years!!!

Mary does look amazing, though. Hardly pregnant, and still those great legs.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Courtier

CP Mary took her kids to the theatre so she's supposed to be casual. It was after all a kids event. And why should she buy maternity clothes if she has clothes that she can still fit into? This would likely be her last pregnancy so it makes no sense to buy a lot of maternity clothing that are not going to be worn again. Actually, the current trend in maternity clothing is to buy the clothes that you usually wear in bigger sizes.
She looks pretty pregnant here!
Kronprinsesse Marys små pirater - Billede 23 | MSN Starlounge
Old 10-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I dont see why Mary has to be dressed up for this event. It was about her relaxing and having a good time. Her outfit is perfect for that. She is wearing jeans on her own free time, the top is very pretty & the sweater is nothing out if the ordinary, its a look anyone if us would pick for the same event.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Courtier

Mary really has an astonishing body. The fact that she's about 6 months pregnant with twins and still looks so fit... and well, if she can, why not continue wearing normal clothes? Which is what she's doing, and I think it's pretty clear, through her fashion choices, we can see that she is really avoiding to look pregnant, she could emphasize the belly but she isn't at all, she's hiding it .... which I have to say, I think, is a shame! A pregnant women with a big belly is one of the most beautiful things I can think of, so to hide it, I think it's a shame ESPECIALLY as this is probably the last pregnancy she'll ever have.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Courtier

I don't think that she's hiding her baby bump. How can she? When she's out in public, the media focuses on her baby bump all of the time. It is the first thing we as royal watchers look out for as well. But even though she's pregnant, she's also still attending to her official duties and I think that she's trying as much as possible to keep the focus on those official events rather than on her growing baby bump! For example, at the the Social Prize Ceremony last week, she refused to talk about her twin pregnancy in favor of highlighting the awardees of the various prizes.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

This was a private occasion, no? Sorry, but I haven't followed her much lately. It's a plain outfit, I can't say more. The bag looks great.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Courtier

Yes. It was a private event, mainly for the kids!
Old 10-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the outfit. If Mary can still fit in normal clothes no need to start wearing maternity clothes.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
I think you'll find those clothes Mary is wearing, jeans and t-shirts are most probably, maternity jeans, with an elastic top or pouch which we can't see under her maternity t-shirts which have more give out out front...They just might not look like maternity wear...Maybe Mary has had enough of empire line tops and baggy shirts?
I don't think you guys read my post the first time! I think you'll find those jeans and tops ARE maternity wear, just in normal casual style, it's an illusion...Having had four kids myself, I can tell you it is possible to get maternity wear in any style, even slim fit jeans (but they have a elastic waist band that you can't see if you cover them with longer shirts, which Mary has done)...I think it is just everyone's expectations that are way off, which are that she wear semi-formal, blatantly obvious maternity wear, like smock tops and empire waistlines...I think she might just be keeping royal watchers on their toes, by constantly changing her style and experimenting
Old 10-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga View Post
Mary really has an astonishing body. The fact that she's about 6 months pregnant with twins and still looks so fit... and well, if she can, why not continue wearing normal clothes? Which is what she's doing, and I think it's pretty clear, through her fashion choices, we can see that she is really avoiding to look pregnant, she could emphasize the belly but she isn't at all, she's hiding it .... which I have to say, I think, is a shame! A pregnant women with a big belly is one of the most beautiful things I can think of, so to hide it, I think it's a shame ESPECIALLY as this is probably the last pregnancy she'll ever have.
I don't think she trying to avoid looking pregnant. She can't! She's clearly showing.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Nobility

Mary's belly is now getting big, must be a heck of a strain on a women's body carrying two babies. Mary is nice and fit, which should help her cope.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

October 10, 2010 - Mary in a blue printed dress with a scarf/fabric used as a belt.

The dress does suit her cut & color wise but the scarf looking belt doesn't work for me, the color isn't a nice contrast against the blue nor does it look stylish or elegant.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Old 10-11-2010, 06:39 AM
Serene Highness

The dress and belt seems to be from the same fabric as the Clements Ribeiro jacket Mary wore on August 11, 2005 when she was at a Munthe and Simmonsen fashion show with Anja and Helle :)
Old 10-11-2010, 07:03 AM
Courtier

On my computer screen, the background of the dress looks like a dark gray. I can also see green in the leaf print of the dress, which would be why part of the sash has green in it.

Tags
crown princess mary, maternity fashion