The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Personally I don't see why this outfit should look inappropriate. In my opinion there are "mini" skirts and dresses that look elegant and some that look just simply not appropriate. Since the whole look is very elegant I don't see anything wrong with the length of the coat.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
It is shorter, look at those pictures. Esp the last one. It shows how short the dress / skirt under the coat is and it's a bit shorter than just above the knee lenght.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Parliament
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...yborgen_8.ashx
Picture details
Not only not showing underwear makes an outfit inappropriate for a Crown Princess.
This isn't a thread about "other Princesses", this is Mary's thread. I am not comparing her to other Princesses, I am stating my opnion on Mary's outfit she wore for the opening of the Parliament this year. For me it was too short therefeore inappropriate.

And?
Just because Mary's dress is shorter than her coat makes the outfit "fit".
Nope this isn't a thread about other princess', and you didn't compare her to other Princess' I did. Letizia, Mathilde and Maxima have all worn "mini" outfits that have not worked for them, this "mini" dress which isn't even seen properly, works for her.
Your stating your opinion, and I'm stating mine, Mary's outfit wasn't "mini" in anyway whatsoever and it seems people agree with me.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Why don't we all agree to disagree?

There are certain lengths and styles that some people find appropriate and others find inppropriate. Its life. That's why we have some a range of fashion choices for many to choose from. I think the issue is that some people feel like people pick on certain issues that in the scheme of things aren't that serious because certain posters dislike Mary.

That is their right to dislike Mary or the way she dresses or whatever. Or it could be the simple reason that they think the dress is too short. Some people are from the old school belief that coats shouldn't be longer than the dress beneath it. That is also their right. I personally don't wear coats that are longer than my dress...but that is just me. If I have on a dress or a short skirt, I will put on a longer coat. Its just personal preference.

So why don't we just call a truce? Its all making me Zonkers! I couldn't resist

Old 10-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
And?
Just because Mary's dress is shorter than her coat makes the outfit "fit".
Nope this isn't a thread about other princess', and you didn't compare her to other Princess' I did. Letizia, Mathilde and Maxima have all worn "mini" outfits that have not worked for them, this "mini" dress which isn't even seen properly, works for her.
Your stating your opinion, and I'm stating mine, Mary's outfit wasn't "mini" in anyway whatsoever and it seems people agree with me.
And what? Don't understand the "And?" question.

"Fit" how? Shorter dress / skirt than the coat makes it appropriate? Make is what? I wasn't talking about the fact her outfit is "fit" or not "fit". I was talking about the appropriateness of it which I don't see by the dress / skirt being shorter than the already short coat.

I don't care who agreed with you, I don't care who disagreed with me. My onion is mine, I am entitled to same and I am entitled to state same. Therefore I did. Who agreed or disagreed with me, not my problem, really. "People", like you said, are different, and I saw posts stating the outfit was too short.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Okay...its time to move on.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness

Can't you all just let it be?
Old 10-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

IMHO, this issue has gone on long enough. I think we should listen to what Zonk had to say and just agree to disagree.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Serene Highness

I really like her shoes. And gloves.
Now question, just because I really don't know: isn't that unsafe to wear heels when 5 months pregnant, esp with twins? I would think your back would hurt? Anyone has any ideas?
Old 10-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Again I think its about personal preference and what your body can do. I would imagine that at some point her feet will start to swell and she will find the shoes uncomfortable. If she can manage to walk in them safely I would think she could continue. If not by month 6, 8 or 9th she might be in flats all the time.

There are some women who were high heels ALL the time. Pregnancy and all. I know of a young lady who wore heels all the time for years...her back eventually gave out and she can't wear them at all now. And she was never pregnant.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Aristocracy

Holy Zonkers This Prada coat is so ugly This is something Queen Margrethe should wear !
Old 10-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Again I think its about personal preference and what your body can do. I would imagine that at some point her feet will start to swell and she will find the shoes uncomfortable. If she can manage to walk in them safely I would think she could continue. If not by month 6, 8 or 9th she might be in flats all the time.

There are some women who were high heels ALL the time. Pregnancy and all. I know of a young lady who wore heels all the time for years...her back eventually gave out and she can't wear them at all now. And she was never pregnant.
I love heels and I wear them quite often, but cannot imagine wearing them all the time. When I used to work at the office I had to wear heels 9 hrs a day - a killer! Now it's most half and half - works way better this way. For me at least.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I think Mary will wear her high heel pumps until, as has been stated, her feet and ankles start swelling or she's uncomfortable in heels. As Mary gets further along in her pregnancy, it will be difficult to walk in heel especially with twins. I say the longer she can wear high heels, go for it Mary!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
It is shorter, look at those pictures. Esp the last one. It shows how short the dress / skirt under the coat is and it's a bit shorter than just above the knee lenght.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Parliament
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2010/10/~/media/BilledBladet/Gallerier/Billeder/Kongelige/2010/Mary%20Folketinget/Maryborgen_8.ashx
Picture details
Not only not showing underwear makes an outfit inappropriate for a Crown Princess.
This isn't a thread about "other Princesses", this is Mary's thread. I am not comparing her to other Princesses, I am stating my opnion on Mary's outfit she wore for the opening of the Parliament this year. For me it was too short therefeore inappropriate.
I agree, Mary's outfit is way too short for her age, position and especially occasion. She is the only woman in pics I see in something that short.
I also don't like her coat, it looks like an old auntie outfit.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
I agree, Mary's outfit is way too short for her age, position and especially occasion. She is the only woman in pics I see in something that short.
I also don't like her coat, it looks like an old auntie outfit.
Totally agree. IMO a woman of her age and position should consider lowering her hemlines and I think she shoud re-consider the heels at 5month+ pregnant.

(My OWN OPINIONS, before anyone jumps on me )
Old 10-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope your personal opinion equally applies to all the Crown Princesses and Princesses with the exception of the Japanese Imperial House.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

It seems that some still can't move on... Btw. I think Mary is old enough to decide on her own how long she wants to wear heels.

I like the top that Mary wore today. Nice colour!

Nordjyske.dk - Billedserier
Old 10-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

I hope your personal opinion equally applies to all the Crown Princesses and Princesses with the exception of the Japanese Imperial House.

Just curious: why with the exception of the Japanese Imperial House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
It seems that some still can't move on... Btw. I think Mary is old enough to decide on her own how long she wants to wear heels.

I like the top that Mary wore today. Nice colour!

Nordjyske.dk - Billedserier
A bit pale. I prefer stronger colours.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

... because the ladies of the aforementioned house are always dressed in a very very conservative manner. Unlike Europeans Crown Princess and Princesses, we have not seen Crown Princess Masako or Princess Kiko wearing dresses or skirts with short hemlines. Even Princess Mako and Princess Kako are said to be dressing quite matronly.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
... because the ladies of the aforementioned house are always dressed in a very very conservative manner. Unlike Europeans Crown Princess and Princesses, we have not seen Crown Princess Masako or Princess Kiko wearing dresses or skirts with short hemlines. Even Princess Mako and Princess Kako are said to be dressing quite matronly.
Is that the rule or their personal choice?
Old 10-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

Compare them with other women in similar age in Japan und you will see, that they are dressed in a similar way :)

Tags
crown princess mary, maternity fashion