Crown Princess Mary's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RachelD said:
Great dress!
It seems to be a medieval style dress...sort of a la Guinevere!

You are right, I've also noticed that Mary likes a kind of "retro" style, especially the mediavel. I found also her wedding dress, a sort of medieval, especilally the hairdo, tiara and vale.

Useless to say that Mary is IMO by far the most chic Crown Princess:lol:

Mary shining with both dresses!!!She has a warm and natural beautty!!!

She is gourges inthe 2 dress, but i love special de red one.

Mary looks really beautiful in that red dress. When is she due again?

sommone said:
Mary looks really beautiful in that red dress. When is she due again?

According to the royal court, Crown Princess Mary will be due in the beginning of May. However, I think the actual due date will be at the end of April. :flowers:

Mary looks gorgeous in every way...but pregnancy looks good on her...

Mary looks really beautiful! I simply like her style!
I think she looks radiant but her belly isn't that big yet! :rolleyes:
(I am around the same pregnancy month and I wish I would be as slim as she is :lol: ).

No policy as such, Verde Esmeralda but a lot more interesting to note when she recycles a distinct unique gala dress/suit/outfit more than once...rather than say a pair of jeans or a holiday jacket, that's all...of course she is going to recycle a jacket while on holiday...firstly she doesn't have access to the wide variety of options she has a home (in Denmark) and she doesn't want to take her whole wardrobe with her on holiday in Australia...

So I think the point I was trying to make is recycling on a holiday is normal and expected...but recycling a red satin gala gown is more of a challenge...What will be interesting is to see if that said "holiday jacket" makes an appearance in Denmark in an official capacity ;)

I get the point, and I agree... maybe if the colour of the (gala) outfit she recycles is not that outstanding (lets say, a bright red, or bright green!), she can get away with it without much trouble....

Verde Esmeralda said:
I get the point, and I agree... maybe if the colour of the (gala) outfit she recycles is not that outstanding (lets say, a bright red, or bright green!), she can get away with it without much trouble....

but where Mary really shines IMO is that she will wear, e.g. a top, casually and then some time later she will wear the same top but in a formal setting giving the whole thing a completely new look - she´s really a whizz at recycling IMO.

There is an article about Mary and Letizia's maternity fashions in Hola, from January 10. The photo of Mary is her wearing her purple gala gown.
Here's a link to the article.

I'll translate it for you guys

Princess Mary looks like a real Princess from our dreams!

Here is my translation of the article- I deleted some non-important info, like who else is pregnant, and other basic info, to be following the forum rules about copyright. (believe me, it was all duh information that we all already know, nothing important)

I didn't know the part about Mary's red dress on New Years!!! (I italicized it, because it's interesting and NEW!!!)

The Princesses Letizia and Maxima were the first that we could see show their “state of good hope” with maternity clothes. Now Princess Mary of Denmark joins them.
In an official reception …she appeared radiant in an empire-cut mauve and, below, electric blue, coat that, for the first time, showed her pregnancy… Princess Mary attended the traditional New Year’s gala at Amalienborg palace and at that occasion she didn’t wear a maternity dress, but one with an empire cut of maroon velvet that was tailored to her. …Princess of Asturias, was the first on the scene to wear a maternity dress. (It was) an empire-cut dress with a geometric stamp in black and grey...
The twenty-first century heiresses of Europe know to not be embarrassed about their pregnancy, and don’t hesitate to use modern maternity dresses…. In spite of the inconveniences she felt, Maxima, who is already an expert since she is expecting her third child, completed her agenda during the three days that her visit lasted. She has already demonstrated that being pregnant is not at odds with wearing modern clothing; and we could see her wearing them from sporty pants with a camisole to a cocktail dress.
…Princess Letizia… the presentation of a new dictionary to the Royal Academy of Language, where she lit up in black pants and a purple knit shirt that sufficiently marked the roundness of her womb that distinguishes the coming of a new member of the family​

Mary's bumb is still quite small compared to that of Maxima and Letizia's at the same stage. she must be very lucky not to balloon out :lol: :lol:

PrincessofEurope said:
Mary's bumb is still quite small compared to that of Maxima and Letizia's at the same stage. she must be very lucky not to balloon out :lol: :lol:

Her little bump looks so cute, I wonder why is it so small, if I remember well at this stage in her first pregnancy her bump was bigger, wonder why?:flowers:

I dunno- Mary was always small during her pregnancy with Christian. She was never really round, like Leti is and was.

Doesn't Mary do yoga or some sort of exercise? I think she did during her first pregnancy...that could account for the lack of pregnancy weight and size of bump. I had a co-worker that was a dancer and when she was expecting her child, she continued to do exercises and remained super skinny the whole pregnancy, plus her bump was really small up until she delivered. She didn't even look pregnant from behind! Though every woman is different. Not every one of us has to blow up and look super pregnant, some just seem to stay small througout. :flowers:

Reports have been made that she does Pilates and Yoga on a regular basis.

Pilates is slightly strenuous for women who are six months pregnant, but there are various types of yoga that allow women who are pregnant to practice this ancient exercise program.

She looks very elegant, although she could've used another color for her shoes.

SHE CUT HER HAIR!!!!!!

I like it! Though it does seem to make her look a little older...but it becomes her! Yeah, the shoes and the black scarf don't seem to really go with the pink dress and light coat. But she did look pretty!

O.k.........
Well, what can be said? Honestly, I think that jacket/coat should be reserved for dresses. It's too short to wear with pant outfits. Since she's pregnant and her belly pops out from under the jacket, it makes it look like it's too small for her due to large body mass...which is not true at all...It would look nice with a sheath dress or empire waist, designed for pregnant women as she is pregnant. Nothing tight.

i love the outfit!! i thinks she looks very stylish and elegant!

gaby1985 said:
i love the outfit!! i thinks she looks very stylish and elegant!

i agree, i think that is a very stylish outfit. a great choice not many people would expect a CP pr Princess to wear. she pulled it off well, also thought she wore the jacket and she is pregnant. Many people would want to hide there belly etc but shes happy and i like it:)

Totally agree RachelD, the oufit isn't very flattering at all. It is a beautful jacket but should be reserved for dresses only. Still, Mary doesn't make fashion mistakes that often so we should overlook this one.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom